T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread
Apr 1, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #211 of 622
  All this talk is making my wait for these unbearable! 
L3000.gif

For those who ordered in the presale in this forum, how long between your payment and the product arriving on your door?

Not long at all.  Around 3-4 business days from Korea to Colorado.

Apr 1, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #212 of 622
  I backed off on these after talking to some here who were already selling theirs.  I'm not interested in having to eq to get good sound from a $300 unit.  I like a flat eq, and anytime I have to start messing about, it changes things.  Too bad, I was excited about them, but now I'm glad I'm not one of the ones on here already selling them.

I don't care what anyone says... these h300 are the best earphones that I own. I swear that I am hearing things in songs that I have listened to a thousand times and hearing things so clear. Things that I used to have to really concentrate to focus on. I paired them with the C&C Bh and the C3.... magic.

Apr 1, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #214 of 622

I don't care what anyone says... these h300 are the best earphones that I own. I swear that I am hearing things in songs that I have listened to a thousand times and hearing things so clear. Things that I used to have to really concentrate to focus on. I paired them with the C&C Bh and the C3.... magic.

These are the kinds of things that I don't need to read lol!

Apr 1, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #215 of 622

These are the kinds of things that I don't need to read lol!

That's what you get for clicking on threads.  I thought you were gonna mod you Mikros...instead, I find you looking for you next purchase.
tongue.gif

Apr 2, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #216 of 622
I'm not looking for my next purchase. I'm just constantly on the prowl for things to test my resistance :)

Apr 2, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #217 of 622
I agree with most, these are incredible sounding IEM's. Just got mine the other, not fully burned in yet but the sub-bass with the clean crisp mids and detailed highs. The peak of the H-200 is somewhat tamed but not gone, and these sound more coherent altogether, and flatter, more balanced.

They are better than DN-1000 but not by far. The DN-1000 has fuller body.
I shall be getting the DN-2000 at some point so I will be comparing them

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #218 of 622
I always have been reluctant in applying EQ tweaks on IEMs unless it was only the bass that needs adjustment.
With the H300, I pushed myself to do so because I am really curious how these would have sounded without that peak...

Alas! Guys, after days of playing around with parametric EQ I've managed to tame the highs to almost flat and I must say the entire sound presentation is HEAPS better than the stock sound. My initial impression was that the bass and mids were almost perfect for my preference. After tweaking the treble, I am confident that the H300 COULD HAVE BEEN one of the best IEM I've heard along side the Noble 4. I'll even go as far as this could've been better sounding than the 1Plus2 ORIGINAL version. 

But that peak... what a shame 
frown.gif

So stay tune for my review guys... I'll elaborate more.

Cheers!

Apr 2, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #219 of 622
Some of you guys are so dramatic about the use of EQ! To me it's just another tool to tweak a sub optimal sound chain to a particular preference, no different to picking the ideal DAC or amp, or tips etc.

But hey, not saying its wrong, just find it amusing :-D

Oh, one other piece of food for thought. Its not every IEM you can EQ to sound anywhere near as good as a Noble 4... you have to have something very capable to begin with...

Apr 2, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #220 of 622
  I always have been reluctant in applying EQ tweaks on IEMs unless it was only the bass that needs adjustment.
With the H300, I pushed myself to do so because I am really curious how these would have sounded without that peak...

Alas! Guys, after days of playing around with parametric EQ I've managed to tame the highs to almost flat and I must say the entire sound presentation is HEAPS better than the stock sound. My initial impression was that the bass and mids were almost perfect for my preference. After tweaking the treble, I am confident that the H300 COULD HAVE BEEN one of the best IEM I've heard along side the Noble 4. I'll even go as far as this could've been better sounding than the 1Plus2 ORIGINAL version. 

But that peak... what a shame 
frown.gif

So stay tune for my review guys... I'll elaborate more.

Cheers!

Nice!

Let us know how your EQ settings d marc0 :)
Would be interesting to compare stock and EQed H-300

Beating the original 1plus2 is... interesting :p

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #222 of 622
Some of you guys are so dramatic about the use of EQ! To me it's just another tool to tweak a sub optimal sound chain to a particular preference, no different to picking the ideal DAC or amp, or tips etc.

But hey, not saying its wrong, just find it amusing :-D

Oh, one other piece of food for thought. Its not every IEM you can EQ to sound anywhere near as good as a Noble 4... you have to have something very capable to begin with...

Your opinion mate... and I respect that. Again this is not to promote EQ; I'm just trying to relay how good the H300 could've been without the peak.

Nice!

Let us know how your EQ settings d marc0 :)
Would be interesting to compare stock and EQed H-300

Beating the original 1plus2 is... interesting :p

Sure mate... it'll be in my review which is coming really soon
wink_face.gif

Same here-

Any recommended  EQ settings on how to bring forward the mids a bit?

I didn't really feel the need to Eq the mids because once you bring the treble near to neutral, the mids no longer sound recessed. Its really good to my ears... close to neutral (maybe a little bit recessed) in the lower mid-range and a bit forward upper mid-range. Quite similar to the Noble 4 mids.

Apr 2, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #223 of 622

Well, I have not heard back from T-Peos guys, I assume at this point they're really not interested in retuning or fixing their H-300. Actually, T-Peos have been rather brief with me most recently, I am losing any enthusiasm or patience I have for them. I had to email them twice for a simple replacement cable as they didn't reply at all initially and the same silence now about retuning and I simply don't have time for it. You know, I will say I quite enjoy H-300 for what it is, but it seems the members have spoken about the treble and like I said in my review H-300 will be judged by them in it's entirety. I"m unsubscribing from the thread and letting it live or die it's own course as I simply don't have time for T-Peos any longer as it is currently, maybe someone else can try.  

If they are a small company, they may just be very busy with the H300 launch. I've run into that issue with other companies handling new product launches. Be patient...

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

I've actually had the honor to be invited to T-Peos here in Seoul and meet Mobyn in person. He is a really cool guy and I kind of felt bad for him as he handles all the international marketing and sales on his own and he has a lot of other responsibilities. I found out he also runs a business on the side by himself. I have greater respect for him and his passion now that I met him in person. T-Peos needs more people like him.

Apr 3, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #224 of 622
The peak is very dependant on the recording. Sometimes I find these to be fatiguing with certain bands and recordings, other times they sound fine.

Apr 3, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #225 of 622
The peak is very dependant on the recording. Sometimes I find these to be fatiguing with certain bands and recordings, other times they sound fine.

That is very true. Like I mentioned in my H-300 review, with female vocals, some Taylor Swift songs are recorded with her voice sounding sharp and sibilant whereas Kelly Clarkson's is not like that at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back