T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread
Apr 3, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #226 of 622
I just received my package - thanks @d marc0 - first thing I noticed mate, your handwriting is super neat, geez, did you ask your wife to send it or did you do them yourself? 
tongue_smile.gif

Anyway, will post my first impression tomorrow morning, some things I don't like, but for time being, I have been playing this tune on repeat, and simply, I am in AWE...my goodness...

Apr 3, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #227 of 622
That's why I didn't get these.  I want everything to sound good, not just some things.  I'm sure it depends a lot on what you listen to, how it was mastered, how loud you listen to it, etc.  

Apr 3, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #228 of 622
I just received my package - thanks @d marc0
 - first thing I noticed mate, your handwriting is super neat, geez, did you ask your wife to send it or did you do them yourself? :tongue_smile:

Anyway, will post my first impression tomorrow morning, some things I don't like, but for time being, I have been playing this tune on repeat, and simply, I am in AWE...my goodness...

You don't even really need the sound on to be just awe of that clip and watch it over again, but I do know what you mean :-D

Apr 3, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #229 of 622
  That's why I didn't get these.  I want everything to sound good, not just some things.  I'm sure it depends a lot on what you listen to, how it was mastered, how loud you listen to it, etc.  

Definitely sounds better than Dunu1k - the clarity and details are just unheard of, imaging, transparency, and timbre are superb.

I do however, have a problem with the vocal, can't put a finger on what it is yet, nor finding the correct term for it, but I'll elaborate further soon 
bigsmile_face.gif

The bass, wow, early stage but the quality, quantity, and impact are just phenomenal, infact, I'll go as far as saying that the bass is more enjoyable than anything else that I have heard so far...

beerchug.gif

Apr 4, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #230 of 622
The bass really is special, very controlled yet rumble down low is excellent, almost subwoofer like, but never overshadowing the rest of the sound.

Apr 5, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #231 of 622
Apr 5, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #232 of 622
Good review mate.

I think at the end of the day T-Peos has not made an IEM that is balanced enough to be a 'popular'choice, unless the genre is EDM. The peak will be too off putting for most people driving it from phones or other mass market devices.

However on the other hand, for someone that is willing to invest in a nice dac/amp and tweak the EQ to their liking (on a sometimes per-album basis! ), they will find a mid-priced IEM with a high-end sound that is immensely rewarding.

Despite the downsides, I have to say that I am still in love with these! And it will be interesting to see how the competition compares.

Apr 7, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #235 of 622
Just wondering how these would compare to the Monster Miles Davis Trumpets? My pair broke a few weeks ago and I'm still looking into a good replacement for them. I tend to listen to R&B and hip hop (from golden age 1980s to modern stuff).

Apr 7, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #236 of 622
  Just wondering how these would compare to the Monster Miles Davis Trumpets? My pair broke a few weeks ago and I'm still looking into a good replacement for them. I tend to listen to R&B and hip hop (from golden age 1980s to modern stuff).

I haven't heard MD Trumpet, but I have a feeling that they are not even in the same league...

Apr 8, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #238 of 622
I got done comparing my H-300 to my W4. There was a time when I was convinced you couldn't get any better than the W4... not anymore. Using both through my C3/C&Cbh set up, the sheer clarity of the H-300 make the W4 sound dark and veiled in comparison. I gave my W4 to my wife and I don't regret it one bit. The next upgrade T-Peos comes out with after the H-300...I GOT TO HAVE IT. Amazing 3-D soundstage too...unbelievable at this price.

Apr 8, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #239 of 622
  I got done comparing my H-300 to my W4. There was a time when I was convinced you couldn't get any better than the W4... not anymore. Using both through my C3/C&Cbh set up, the sheer clarity of the H-300 make the W4 sound dark and veiled in comparison. I gave my W4 to my wife and I don't regret it one bit. The next upgrade T-Peos comes out with after the H-300...I GOT TO HAVE IT. Amazing 3-D soundstage too...unbelievable at this price.

The H-300 has superb clarity indeed! Glad you like them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back