T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jun 20, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #1,291 of 2,595
If all else fails, your last option will be to switch with Comply Ts400 tips.
I'd recommend the Ts over the S, T, and TX range because they have the least audible change in sound signature.
http://www.complyfoam.com/products/Ts-400/

Jun 20, 2013 at 4:52 AM Post #1,292 of 2,595
Quote:
Try turning them in rather than just pushing. Also try pulling down your earlobe before insertion.

Quote:
.. or after insertion (to release the pressure build up).

I've tried both ways and it helps, though not always, but I've scratched my tragus (damn, I did not even need to know how this part of my ear is called before this post) with its fit helper. Well, no pain means no gain even here...

Quote:
If all else fails, your last option will be to switch with Comply Ts400 tips.
I'd recommend the Ts over the S, T, and TX range because they have the least audible change in sound signature.
http://www.complyfoam.com/products/Ts-400/

Oh, this will be my last resort if I'll get tired of twisting my ears :) I tried Comply tips with some of my previous earphones and the sound got just too tame.

And thanks for your advice, everyone. This community is really something special...

Jun 20, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #1,293 of 2,595
Quote:
Oh, this will be my last resort if I'll get tired of twisting my ears :) I tried Comply tips with some of my previous earphones and the sound got just too tame.

And thanks for your advice, everyone. This community is really something special...

You're welcome!

BTW I use Comply TsX200 tips on my XBA 3 and they are marvelous. I don't notice any change in sound signature...
If ony I have Ts400 tips to try with the H200 then I could have provided more detail on how it sounds with them. 

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #1,296 of 2,595
quartertone, Yes, but only once. It was a 5 minutes long experience of "WTH happened to my Billy Talent songs???". And then I just put them back. They are comfy, but the sound is just sooo off for me.

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #1,300 of 2,595
Yep... sent him an email last night. Haven't heard back yet. I'm thinking of sending him another tonight. And if I don't hear back... I guess that's that. 
frown.gif

Jun 20, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #1,302 of 2,595
Quote:
Yep... sent him an email last night. Haven't heard back yet. I'm thinking of sending him another tonight. And if I don't hear back... I guess that's that. 
frown.gif

if all else failed you may try also mellow works studio..... great service and quick shipping

Jun 20, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #1,304 of 2,595
Quote:
@ericp10 or anyone with experience with both MDR-7550 and H-200
Can you do a quick comparison of sound sig between MDR-7550 and H-200? I'm tempted to trade some of my full size rig for the 7550. Thanks!

I'm sorry kimvictor, but I can't give you an in depth comparison of the H-200 and the 7550 because I sold my Sony almost a year ago. Anything I state is base off of memory. I know the 7550 is very mids focused and the treble is more toned down and laid-back than the H-200. There is more bass emphasis in the H-200 (more sub-bass especially). In refinement I think the H-200 wins, but the Sony isn't bad. I can't fault the 7550's sound signature at all, but I didn't like the shape and fit of the 7550. It would begin to feel heavy on my ears after some use. I think the overall signature and timbre of the H-200 is quite a bit better, but that's all I can recall.

Jun 20, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #1,305 of 2,595
Quote:
I'm sorry kimvictor, but I can't give you an in depth comparison of the H-200 and the 7550 because I sold my Sony almost a year ago. Anything I state is base off of memory. I know the 7550 is very mids focused and the treble is more toned down and laid-back than the H-200. There is more bass emphasis in the H-200 (more sub-bass especially). In refinement I think the H-200 wins, but the Sony isn't bad. I can't fault the 7550's sound signature at all, but I didn't like the shape and fit of the 7550. It would begin to feel heavy on my ears after some use. I think the overall signature and timbre of the H-200 is quite a bit better, but that's all I can recall.

Alright. Thanks. Do you know anything along the $300(and below) price range that has similar clarity as H-200 with less bass and more mid/treble?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back