T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jul 29, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #1,951 of 2,595
Quote:
It will not have that muffled sound, but overall, the sound will still come off a little rounded due to the porous nature of the Comply tips. Not much, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.... Unless you are really anal about stuff like that.
rolleyes.gif

Hmm, well, I can't stand the red foam tips that came with the H-200's. That muffle to me, is WAY too much, so consider me anal in that case:)

Jul 29, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #1,952 of 2,595
Hmm, well, I can't stand the red foam tips that came with the H-200's. That muffle to me, is WAY too much, so consider me anal in that case:)

Iinm, the red foam tips that come with the H-200s are rather smooth in comparison to the TSX series. I have a few pairs and they have a rather holey appearance as a rule.

Jul 29, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #1,953 of 2,595
Quote:
Iinm, the red foam tips that come with the H-200s are rather smooth in comparison to the TSX series. I have a few pairs and they have a rather holey appearance as a rule.

When you say "smooth" do you mean muffled? O.o

Jul 29, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #1,955 of 2,595
Quote:
No, I mean the appreance of the tips themselves. The reds are smoother than the TSX tips.

ohh, I'm okay with it being smooth or not, I hear they provide great comfort anyways, the TSX.

I'm much more concerned about the muffling, as the only tips I didn't find too much muffle with were the TF-10 stock comply tips, and the Rhapsodio foam tips (I don't know if these are in production anymore).

Jul 29, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #1,956 of 2,595
MyH-200 are up for sale if anyone's interested. I still prefer my customs, and have just bought a Nikon D3200 so I need the funds.

They are great IEM's and punch above their price. Full review will be posted soon .

Jul 29, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #1,957 of 2,595
ohh, I'm okay with it being smooth or not, I hear they provide great comfort anyways, the TSX.

I'm much more concerned about the muffling, as the only tips I didn't find too much muffle with were the TF-10 stock comply tips, and the Rhapsodio foam tips (I don't know if these are in production anymore).

Well, there's the thing. Porous/uneven surfaces tend to absorb soundwaves more than flat surfaces, so while material made also plays a part, in theory, the TSX would absorb more sound than those reds.

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #1,958 of 2,595
Quote:
Well, there's the thing. Porous/uneven surfaces tend to absorb soundwaves more than flat surfaces, so while material made also plays a part, in theory, the TSX would absorb more sound than those reds.

Yeah, I realised the TSX have larger holes throughout its body, as opposed to the H-200 ones. 

That last line you said, I'm not too sure what it means, but I'm going to assume the more absorbent the foam, the less or more muffle?

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #1,959 of 2,595
Yeah, I realised the TSX have larger holes throughout its body, as opposed to the H-200 ones. 

That last line you said, I'm not too sure what it means, but I'm going to assume the more absorbent the foam, the less or more muffle?

In a few words: the more porous the foam, the more muffled the sound.

Basically, what I meant was the TSX would "absorb" more soundwaves (more than the red foam tips anyway), resulting in less of them reaching your ears.

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #1,961 of 2,595
Quote:
In a few words: the more porous the foam, the more muffled the sound.

Basically, what I meant was the TSX would "absorb" more soundwaves (more than the red foam tips anyway), resulting in less of them reaching your ears.

Oh dear, that sounds terrible haha...

I am DEFINITELY in for a ride..

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #1,962 of 2,595
Oh dear, that sounds terrible haha...

I am DEFINITELY in for a ride..

Experimenting is part of the fun. :wink: Complys are usually very comfy, but they tend to alter the sound a little. I'd suggest looking into Sony Hybrids, with the padded foams, unlike complys, these foams sit under the tips, making slightly rigid/buoyant allowing for a better fit, and away from nasty sound absorption. :p

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #1,963 of 2,595
Quote:
Experimenting is part of the fun.
wink.gif
Complys are usually very comfy, but they tend to alter the sound a little. I'd suggest looking into Sony Hybrids, with the padded foams, unlike complys, these foams sit under the tips, making slightly rigid/buoyant allowing for a better fit, and away from nasty sound absorption.
tongue.gif

It would be fun
biggrin.gif
...if they weren't so expensive.

Haha, I see an understatement! (BOLDED)

I've tried Hybrids, foam under tips, and all sorts of tips. Just wanted to explore into the foam world a bit more, which I think is probably fairly regrettable. Oh wells!

Jul 31, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #1,965 of 2,595
Okay, so I received those TSX-400 tips today.

Summary: Very comfortable and easy to use. The muffle-effect wasn't actually any where near as muffled as the H-200's red foam tips were, and overall, am okay with the purchase:) 
Didn't apply any filter mods or anything. They obviously sound warm, as most foam tips will do to the sound, but for a foam tip, they aren't as bad as I had thought it out to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back