T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jul 26, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #1,922 of 2,595
When pairing with the C5, what's the ideal setting to go w/ the H200?  Bass boost on/off and gain on/off?

Gain - off to minimize hiss. The h200 is easy to drve. As for the bass boost, off most of the time. But there are certain songs that sound a LOT better with bass boost on, so just play around with. It is really fun to have once in a while.

Jul 27, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #1,924 of 2,595
Hi i have a good 4 driver iem which give me the best sound 95% of the time, which will be better in your opinion: to reshell a pair of um3x with a cable issue or buy a new t peos 200 with warranty?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those 2 have different sounds. The um3x iinm is a more mid centric IEMs, and while the H-200 tends to a an all-rounder, it does lows well, and has a very extended high too, which the um3x lacks.

Give it some thought. If you like the um3x's sound, then go for the reshell. If you feel like switching to another sort of sound, then get the H-200.

Jul 27, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #1,925 of 2,595
What i want to know is if the t peos will be in the same league as the um3x and will be good for rock? My 4 driver iem performs way above the um3x im looking for a backup to take care of my 4 driver iem, i have custom tips compatible for both i use iems a lot everyday so ill be changing between both. I can get here the t peos with warranty and a good price

Jul 27, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #1,928 of 2,595
I'd go for the H-200s. I never did like the um3x, and the H-200 is well known to perform well with all genres(albeit some better than others) if you're looking for a back-up that does everything well, then you really can't go wrong.

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #1,930 of 2,595
My dear H-200 owners!

To the ones who use the Comply TSX/TX series tips with them.

Do you guys find that the foam tips muffle the sound? More specifically, the TSX series/TX series of Comply Foam.

Thanks!

Jul 28, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #1,932 of 2,595
I wouldn't say the TS muffle it, they make the treble a bit smoother. 

Ah, interesting. Would you say it as a similar effect to the foam tips that came with the H-200's? Or does it produce a more transparent sound?

Jul 28, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #1,933 of 2,595
No, I found the red tips pretty muffling (which is a shame, because they look rather nice and are very comfortable). THe TS definitely allow more clarity, though they're also bigger - all the tips I use are M size, and I find the TS just on the verge of being too big.

Jul 28, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #1,934 of 2,595
No, I found the red tips pretty muffling (which is a shame, because they look rather nice and are very comfortable). THe TS definitely allow more clarity, though they're also bigger - all the tips I use are M size, and I find the TS just on the verge of being too big.

Okay, that is all I needed to know:)

Thanks! Will go ahead with my TSX purchase!

Jul 28, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #1,935 of 2,595
Quote:
My dear H-200 owners!

To the ones who use the Comply TSX/TX series tips with them.

Do you guys find that the foam tips muffle the sound? More specifically, the TSX series/TX series of Comply Foam.

Thanks!

Sorry SkyBleu, I just read your post.

The TSX seems to affect the sound at the highs on the H200. Although it tames the brightness a bit, the cymbals don't sound as natural. There's also "buzzing" or distortion happening in the highs, kinda similar to but not exactly like the metallic sound you hear from XBA3. This is probably caused by the filter on the tips. I used to have the TSX on my H200s but ditched them over the black stock tips because of that.

I'd recommend you go for the TS instead of the TSX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back