T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread.
Jul 31, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #541 of 1,424
I use the Comply 500 large on all three of my iems.  Gives me the best long-term seal.  I find that silicon weakens after a few days of walking, and sometimes gives me too much of a seal for comfort's sake.  I get 3+ months with a set of Complys before they begin to pull apart (I listen while I walk two miles quickly, so sweat enters into the equation).

The blues that come with the Altone refused to stay on (as many others have noted).  The tips that came installed were ok, but I settled on the Complys after a short test drive.  

Aug 1, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #546 of 1,424
The included blue foam tips have probably given the best bass response so far, but I found they also make the sound more closed up, which I did not like. Originally preferred the sound from my Xperia Z Ultra with Viper4Android installed vs my ZX1, but now that I've found well fitting tips I'll give the ZX1 another shot. ZX1 seems to have the most synergy with the XBA-H3 more than anything though (probably not surprising, Sony pairing well with Sony).

Aug 1, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #550 of 1,424
H20 posted that they found the problem, a wire blocking airflow, so the fix is easy in terms of production methods.  A simple return (minus packaging, just the iems in a package) is all that is required.  
And I'm finding that as I get a bit more burn-in my sound is changing- more bass.  
Ya burn in improves the bass for sure.

I was sad to send them out, I was really starting to enjoy the sound on mine. The clarity and detail on them are unmatched. Sad, I only have like 50 other pair of iems to listen to in the meanwhile :cry:(muahahaha)

Aug 1, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #551 of 1,424
I have a new pair coming in next week too, so I'll wait for the new pair before I say much more about them.

Aug 1, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #552 of 1,424
question - the dynamic driver is mainly driving the bass? 

I feel the bass is there but seems to be a bit lacking. surprised the TDK BA200 has more and better quality of bass. maybe need more burn in time. 

on the other hand... 

Altone200 vs the TDK BA200: Altone200 has better clarity, better treble extension (a major downside of the BA200) but mids are thinner and a tad more recessed. BA200 is more intimate, warmer and more neutral with thicker mids. both have good separation and detail but because of the clarity on the Altone, it feels more so. soundstage is bigger on the BA200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back