T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread.
Jul 31, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #526 of 1,424
No comparison Mackem
smily_headphones1.gif
, these kill's the tenore easily
biggrin.gif

Aren't the Altone200 missing the sub-bass layer that sounds good with EDM and pop?  Love the sub-bass of the Tenore.

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #527 of 1,424
Edit: Might have defective pair, waiting for replacement unit.

Going off some impression: No

Going off other impressions: Yes

Going off my impressions: Maybe/Yes

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #528 of 1,424
They sound ok to me with pop, but my pop might be different from your pop. These aren't Beats.  The bass is not the first thing (only thing) you hear.  If you want to be the guy in the car going boom boom boom while my car, next to you, is vibrating from your bass, these aren't for you.  

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #530 of 1,424
I'm just curious as to comparisons of the treble, mids and bass on these compared to the Carbo Tenore? It'd be nice to hear from someone that's heard both and can compare the two.

For me, the Tenore's sound signature is perfect. I find the bass more than adequate for my tastes (I listen to a lot of K-Pop and piano music)

Jul 31, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #534 of 1,424
No bass altone200 are defective.

Ah ok, cheers. Had a small panic attack, because I just realised that I already threw out the packaging, so if I had to send them back it would be in a plastic bag or something... Thankfully I'm pretty sure I don't have a defective pair. These have replaced all my IEMs as my go to IEM now... The H3 is so cumbersome compared to these, and lacks the clarity (although has loads more bass, can't beat that giant 16mm dynamic driver for huge bass). The Altone200's also feel more engaging, maybe not as fun as the H3 but I think I'm a bit of a detail whore, so these fill that role nicely 
etysmile.gif

Jul 31, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #539 of 1,424
H20 posted that they found the problem, a wire blocking airflow, so the fix is easy in terms of production methods.  A simple return (minus packaging, just the iems in a package) is all that is required.  
And I'm finding that as I get a bit more burn-in my sound is changing- more bass.  

Jul 31, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #540 of 1,424
For me I switched through my humble collection of tips to try and find the ideal fit, and once I settled on one (monster smallest size foam supertips for deeper insertion and in turn better seal) the bass improved noticeably - though that could also have been affected by burn in. Each IEM is different for me - my XBA-H3 is too big to be used with deep insertion either way so I've been switching between the medium Sony hybrid tips and medium suptertips, and with my TF-10's I'm using the double flange tips that come with that Meelectronics multi pack. Of these the Altone200 was the pickiest in terms of extracting full sound with the proper fit though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back