T+A Solitaire T Wireless Headphone
Jan 26, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #1,711 of 1,851
9 hours of flying and the ST didn't disappoint. I only wish I could turn off the voice telling me when I'm in transparency mode.
Same, for a feature that's meant to help you hear things, it's pretty obvious that taking a few seconds to tell you it's turning on isn't the right design.
I am a huge fan of a real, recorded, person is voiced in telling me what mode my Solitaire T is in (and in a market saturated with a bias towards one gender, it's nice to have an alternative). However I do agree with you both that, on some modes, the alert when switching modes ought to be a user optional choice.
So, for specifically transparency mode, I'd rather a pleasant tone alert, rather than the (lovely) voice.

All other modes, current voice is fine!

Jan 26, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #1,712 of 1,851
I am a huge fan of a real, recorded, person is voiced in telling me what mode my Solitaire T is in (and in a market saturated with a bias towards one gender, it's nice to have an alternative). However I do agree with you both that, on some modes, the alert when switching modes ought to be a user optional choice.
So, for specifically transparency mode, I'd rather a pleasant tone alert, rather than the (lovely) voice.

All other modes, current voice is fine!
Because of the noticeable noise increase, I’m not sure that even a tone is necessary, but I wouldn’t be opposed to it as an alternative if no sound wasnt and option.

Agreed that the voice itself is reasonable. The Dali is similar in this regard

Speaking of tones, has anyone heard a high pitched beep around the time of it saying “connected” while turning it on? I hear that sometimes, but not every time. No idea what it means.

Jan 26, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #1,713 of 1,851
Because of the noticeable noise increase, I’m not sure that even a tone is necessary, but I wouldn’t be opposed to it as an alternative if no sound wasnt and option.

Agreed that the voice itself is reasonable. The Dali is similar in this regard

Speaking of tones, has anyone heard a high pitched beep around the time of it saying “connected” while turning it on? I hear that sometimes, but not every time. No idea what it means.
That's true, but I have used transparency mode from car park to a busy shopping centre. The car park can be very quiet on occasion, so here I may not instantly know if transparency was on if there was no alert.
Granted, this is one niche example, but let's then say user choice between voice, tone, or no alert should be an option. Further, these options should be available on specific modes, not all.

Secondly, I literally don't know if I'm lucky, or if my streaming is done so well by either my previous Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, current Samsung Galaxy Z Fold5, and FiiO M17, that I hardly get the noise or glitches some of you get.
Either that, or I've somehow subconsciously masked them out (very doubtful).
I don't hear this high pitched sound, when my Solitaire T is in Bluetooth mode, as the speaker says Connected.
100% please contact T+A (via app or email), as they may find out if there is something different about later batch Solitaire T vs older batches (if, of course, there have ever been such changes), or perhaps can at least investigate these sound anomalies.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 9:21 PM Post #1,714 of 1,851
That's true, but I have used transparency mode from car park to a busy shopping centre. The car park can be very quiet on occasion, so here I may not instantly know if transparency was on if there was no alert.
Granted, this is one niche example, but let's then say user choice between voice, tone, or no alert should be an option. Further, these options should be available on specific modes, not all.

Secondly, I literally don't know if I'm lucky, or if my streaming is done so well by either my previous Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, current Samsung Galaxy Z Fold5, and FiiO M17, that I hardly get the noise or glitches some of you get.
Either that, or I've somehow subconsciously masked them out (very doubtful).
I don't hear this high pitched sound, when my Solitaire T is in Bluetooth mode, as the speaker says Connected.
100% please contact T+A (via app or email), as they may find out if there is something different about later batch Solitaire T vs older batches (if, of course, there have ever been such changes), or perhaps can at least investigate these sound anomalies.
How long hav you had yours? I believe I'll be getting a replacement set here soon. Hopefully it fixes some of the issues.

I'm guessing the bluetooth "Connected" issue is firmware related, and hoping they fix that in time. It's a good sign that they added mulitpoint, that's in stark contrast to Bose that doesn't even fix significant issues, let alone add new features. I'm hoping it means that they are thinking of the ST as a long-term product.

Jan 26, 2024 at 9:37 PM Post #1,715 of 1,851
I'm guessing the bluetooth "Connected" issue is firmware related, and hoping they fix that in time. It's a good sign that they added mulitpoint, that's in stark contrast to Bose that doesn't even fix significant issues, let alone add new features. I'm hoping it means that they are thinking of the ST as a long-term product.

I think there are only 2 updates in more than one year, and the last one is a very long time ago.

One thing that T+A promising at the beginning, but never delivering, is custom EQ — the ST only have EQ presets which aren’t very good unfortunately.

Jan 27, 2024 at 3:58 AM Post #1,717 of 1,851
How long hav you had yours? I believe I'll be getting a replacement set here soon. Hopefully it fixes some of the issues.
I have had mine for just over two years; got mine in the middle of Dec '22, and outside of using my Meze Audio 99 Classics infrequently, I've mained the Solitaire T as my daily use headphones.
This includes home use, which makes up the vast majority of my listening sessions and is predominantly passive balanced mode (to my FiiO M17). Ditto when I'm at the office, as I bring my entire headphone desktop setup via the M17!
I also use it in wireless mode on breaks at work, around the house during chores, shopping, when travelling to another city, etc.

The versatility and sonics is just marvellous to me!

I think there are only 2 updates in more than one year, and the last one is a very long time ago.

One thing that T+A promising at the beginning, but never delivering, is custom EQ — the ST only have EQ presets which aren’t very good unfortunately.
As @angelom said, only two major updates after the initial public release of the app (which launched in Dec '22).

T+A take a very long to update, not as extreme as Nagra but close. This is also true of their hardware.
That's not always a bad thing, as they believe in their product and their software on a longer time scale. Example is the mulitpoint, which was a feature T+A made clear was not a feature they wanted to entertain, then u-turned much later, caving in to customer demands.
However, as @angelom has noted, the custom EQ was promised and has yet to materialise. The selectable EQ profiles are ok, but not 100% satisfactory without user adjustment.

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #1,718 of 1,851
Example is the mulitpoint, which was a feature T+A made clear was not a feature they wanted to entertain, then u-turned much later, caving in to customer demands.
And, unfortunately in this case, they botched the implementation such that it won't hold a connection to a second device if you are on a call. I have to disconnect from my second device so that I don't get "Connected" in my ear every 30-60 seconds. I hope they fix this, but given what I'm hearing, I won't hold my breath.

Jan 30, 2024 at 8:06 AM Post #1,719 of 1,851
And, unfortunately in this case, they botched the implementation such that it won't hold a connection to a second device if you are on a call. I have to disconnect from my second device so that I don't get "Connected" in my ear every 30-60 seconds. I hope they fix this, but given what I'm hearing, I won't hold my breath.
This is one very specific area that I do have an issue with, but it only happens if I am using the Solitaire T on my laptop whilst also connected to my phone.

It used to happen the other way, take a phone call from source phone device, but connected to the laptop. However, I have no idea what changed (likely my computer/Windows?), this no longer happens.

So, sadly, I don't use my Solitaire T on my laptop for team calls much now (unless I switch off Bluetooth on my phone first) 😞

This is an issue, but it is also not a major one for me. No device is ever really perfect, but perhaps T+A can offer a solution to this, even just muting the voiceover on specific features.

Jan 30, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #1,720 of 1,851
The ST only excels at noise cancelation, comfort, and sound. Everything else can be beat by a far more inexpensive Sony headphone.

That being said, noise isolation, comfort, and sound are the most important factors for me. If I want multipoint, better transparency mode, and better call performance, I use my Sony XM5. If I'm multitasking, I'm not paying attention as much to sound quality as the music is just background noise.

I wish ST would improve the software to make my Sonys redundant.

Jan 30, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #1,721 of 1,851
I have the very same issue with Momentum 4s connected simultaneously to BTD 600 and my smartphone. While on the long phone call, it constantly dis/connects from the dongle keeping me informed about that. Thanks god it works just fine the other way around, so long Teams meetings are super smooth w/o any issues.

Jan 31, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #1,722 of 1,851
A flippin fantastic second review from Darkø Audio, this time by John Grandberg!

Only a few areas I would give some constructive criticism; almost no mention of balanced mode, no comments on any volume issues via USB-C mode (may also be a case-by-case thing), and no mention of multiconnect niggles.

Despite that, the overall review is brilliant, with good focus on pros and cons.

Enjoy reading!

Jan 31, 2024 at 7:36 PM Post #1,723 of 1,851
A flippin fantastic second review from Darkø Audio, this time by John Grandberg!

Only a few areas I would give some constructive criticism; almost no mention of balanced mode, no comments on any volume issues via USB-C mode (may also be a case-by-case thing), and no mention of multiconnect niggles.

Despite that, the overall review is brilliant, with good focus on pros and cons.

Enjoy reading!

The best part of the review, for me, is when he's saying "I do find my black and silver review sample more aesthetically pleasing than the solid white variation". :)

Jan 31, 2024 at 7:45 PM Post #1,724 of 1,851
The best part of the review, for me, is when he's saying "I do find my black and silver review sample more aesthetically pleasing than the solid white variation". :)
I KNEW YOUD PICK UP ON THAT 🤣😜

Feb 2, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #1,725 of 1,851
If I keeping the 12, I have strong feeling that I will buying the ST again...

Terrible dilemma I have.

I writing the above comment on 16 November, 2.5 months ago, in the iO-12 thread, and only 2 days later I selling my wonderful ST

Three days ago I receiving a new pair of ST again because I still remember how much I love the sound of this headphone, and in that post (I only quoting very last comment) I saying what I feeling very strongly in that time. That feeling is never going away for all this time.

I don't have much time in last few days but, yes, after maybe a total of 5 hours, my memory is apparently very good remembering that, in general (but not always), I like the ST sound more than the iO-12. But I must being very clear about 2 things: 1) Even more than before, for me, without doubt, the best 2 sounding ANC headphones are the ST and the iO-12; 2) Even when I still prefer by small margin the sound of the ST, the iO-12 is an excellent sounding headphone and will impressing easily more people than the ST, in my opinion, and not just average users but possibly a good number of audiophiles too.

Still, for me the ST is giving a not 'WOW' effect (like I always saying), but a more honest, correct, more close to real life, reproduction of sound, a more clean window to what you having in your source of music. BUT I must insisting that the iO-12's sound is very impressive, more than several ST owners imagining.

So, one more time I will waiting a few days and deciding if I sending the ST back (and losing money, of course), or keeping the ST and selling my iO-12 (losing money too!)

Attachments

• IMG_0920.jpg
    IMG_0920.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back