T+A Solitaire T Wireless Headphone
Nov 10, 2023 at 2:15 AM Post #1,576 of 1,852
Hello again!

I did make the decision to purchase the T+A Solitaire T headphones and they will arrive on Saturday. I now need to buy a nice headphone stand for these headphones.

Could you please recommend what headphone stands you think would work well? I have been looking at the Rooms Audio Line headphone stands but was unsure whether the Radius A (68mm) or Radius B (76mm) would be a better fit for the T+A Solitaire T headphones. Would you be able to comment on which radius would be better? Also, do you prefer the metal or wood models? Of course, I am open to suggestions to other models of headphone stand as well. I just want to get a stand that will securely hold the headphones and not scratch or otherwise damage them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175413363914?hash=item28d77384ca:g:rbUAAOSw-tBfsmrd&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA4BHcUhTL/Yv2HdnkDnamanO94OswQ+2DDfWqzi7zuy+XFujMphgPNKThOzLNalEQZ1UiBEnfkn0iwD149orIxfks/JbMwev3Gzs2ztG1MsDCyp3BWTed8nPf2JrZxuztHwasIOBUMRXzTtIv91FNnfmpDnF7jXHG1Y4//Um1/fWmr6EGyOjSdsQJ+4fEyNb5EghKY/IrZPWA5D1zywUCYLoGOdE+lS5ol+YIE3YxSaRWbWBMmSaBGP3+boEXt2nt65iBRiw6NKIlzB0F7lohgHB8o4L9kMbM/UG10ErQcsP/|tkp:Bk9SR9KCrt_2Yg

Thank you again!
I have 2 of those in different woods/colors:
Omega shape wood stand

Nov 13, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #1,577 of 1,852
How do the ST fare regarding latency when playing games? I expect negative responses due to the lack of low-latency codecs, but I'd like to know for sure.

I'm deliberately not looking for a gaming headset. I want something that works for music, films and games.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #1,580 of 1,852
Talking with the crew from my local HiFi shop, the ST ANC is apparently Sony technology. This would explain why the ANC is so good since Sony is usually top spot for their ANC performance.

If your anything like me, the "new toy syndrome" hasn't worn off the Dali headphones yet.

After a year, if something doesn't end up donated to family or in a drawer, I truly like it.

Personally, I'm done buying ANC/portable headphones. The ST are amazing fill ins for when I'm traveling. The ST, Mojo 2, or now the Woo Tube Mini are all I need to keep me happy. The ANC and comfort make long airplane trips tolerable. The ST will never replace my tube headphone stack (Yggdrasil feeding Folkvanger with Diana V2 or DCA Aeon noire) or my main system (Naim Uniti HE with Utopia or Stealth). But, they don't have to. Until there is some amazing leap in ANC/BT technology, I'm happy with the ST.

Nov 19, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #1,581 of 1,852
If your anything like me, the "new toy syndrome" hasn't worn off the Dali headphones yet.

After a year, if something doesn't end up donated to family or in a drawer, I truly like it.

I understand the concept of “new toy syndrome” but in the case of the Dali, this isn’t about excitement about the “new toy” but of a critical aspect that is extremely important for me, and this is: Volume control.

Monday of this week I’m ready for returning the Dalis but then spending more time I seeing that volume control is making me changing my decision, even when I still preferring the sound quality of the ST, better ANC, transparency mode too and very better portability, design and construction quality.

In difference with you, I very rarely using my ST fully passively. If not, like is your case and others ST owners, I keeping the ST 110% sure because the ST is clearly superior in this mode to the iO-12. But I use the ST 98% in BT HQ mode, and even here I preferring the sound of the ST to the iO-12, but not by much difference like the more big difference with 5909 or Bathys. So, better volume control is finally the #1 factor (I changing volume very, VERY constantly and tracks too but little less).

And this is why my decision isn’t easy at all, and is a real possibility that in future I buying again the ST.

And now I also deciding using my Airpods Pro 2nd Gen for airplane travel because the Dalis headphone and case are too big, and not so practical like the excellent ST.

This are my compromises for the great volume control aspect and still excellent sound in BT mode of the Dalis.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #1,582 of 1,852
I understand the concept of “new toy syndrome” but in the case of the Dali, this isn’t about excitement about the “new toy” but of a critical aspect that is extremely important for me, and this is: Volume control.

Monday of this week I’m ready for returning the Dalis but then spending more time I seeing that volume control is making me changing my decision, even when I still preferring the sound quality of the ST, better ANC, transparency mode too and very better portability, design and construction quality.

In difference with you, I very rarely using my ST fully passively. If not, like is your case and others ST owners, I keeping the ST 110% sure because the ST is clearly superior in this mode to the iO-12. But I use the ST 98% in BT HQ mode, and even here I preferring the sound of the ST to the iO-12, but not by much difference like the more big difference with 5909 or Bathys. So, better volume control is finally the #1 factor (I changing volume very, VERY constantly and tracks too but little less).

And this is why my decision isn’t easy at all, and is a real possibility that in future I buying again the ST.

And now I also deciding using my Airpods Pro 2nd Gen for airplane travel because the Dalis headphone and case are too big, and not so practical like the excellent ST.

This are my compromises for the great volume control aspect and still excellent sound in BT mode of the Dalis.
For better volume control, do your streaming sources support digital volume control?

For example, with Qobuz, I can use the digital volume control to give finer adjustments to the sound. Since you are using BT anyway, there should be no sonic loss. I also use this method with Roon. I agree that sometimes music is just a little too loud and then becomes a little too soft between volume steps. I don't understand why companies do this. Is it really that more challenging to give us more volume steps?

I use the ST 90% BT only BTW. Mainly I use them with ANC, but also BT HQ. I agree 100% that the BT HQ mode is 85-90% wired mode with a relatively neutral source. The wired performance is just reference to how good they really are compared to my other setups. I don't travel near as much anymore, but I do like that I only have to carry a couple small devices that fit into the ST case.

Nov 19, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #1,583 of 1,852
I don’t use streaming services usually. Is 99% local files and I ALWAYS like controlling volume from the headphone.

The best, in my experience, for quick good volume control are the iO-12, H95, P7 Wireless and Bose QC 35, and even the Sony XM3 & 4. The Bathys are absolutely terrible.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #1,584 of 1,852
Talking with the crew from my local HiFi shop, the ST ANC is apparently Sony technology. This would explain why the ANC is so good since Sony is usually top spot for their ANC performance.
As I had 47hrs of flying last month, I repurchased a pair of AirPods Max just for that trip, as the ML 5909 ANC's is just not enough. From what I gather here, I could happily replace the 5909s and the APMs with the Solitaire T (and maybe even my wired Clear OG).
The APP 2 are great on the place, but battery isn't long enough for long haul flights (I had four 12 hr legs last month).

Quick question I know I read about before in this now very long thread. How good is microphone for Zoom/phone calls on ST? I use my ML 5909 for most of my Zoom meetings, and the mic sound is excellent (on APMs it's good too, but not as perfectly clear). Thanks.

Nov 19, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #1,585 of 1,852
As I had 47hrs of flying last month, I repurchased a pair of AirPods Max just for that trip, as the ML 5909 ANC's is just not enough. From what I gather here, I could happily replace the 5909s and the APMs with the Solitaire T (and maybe even my wired Clear OG).

The APP 2 are great on the place, but battery isn't long enough for long haul flights (I had four 12 hr legs last month).

Quick question I know I read about before in this now very long thread. How good is microphone for Zoom/phone calls on ST? I use my ML 5909 for most of my Zoom meetings, and the mic sound is excellent (on APMs it's good too, but not as perfectly clear). Thanks.
For flights, the ST are substantially more comfortable than the APM. The ANC of the ST is better than the 5909 for sure. It's almost as good as APP2 and APM. I'll take the 5-10% difference max in ANC performance for the comfort and sound quality of the ST.

I've used APP2, ST, APM, and 5909 on flights up to 9 hours. The ST hands down wins on comfort and battery life.

Microphone is fine for zoom calls. No one has complained to me.

Nov 19, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #1,586 of 1,852

If you're finally seriously thinking about buying the ST, my next comment is really unnecessary. BUT, in your situation (of thinking about buying the AirPods Max for several frequent long haul flights and not owning the ST), in my personal case I prefer buying 2 pairs of APP2 for sufficient battery life and excellent ANC always). For me the tonal balance of the APP2 is better than the APM and the ANC is similarly good. That and, in my case, the APM becoming a little uncomfortable after some minutes (I need adjusting the position of the headphone several times), but, very more importantly, the fabric earpads causing irritation in my skin with only 20 minutes after wearing (the only headphone, of many I trying in my life, that giving me this problem).

I never trying the ST with Zoom (I don't using Teams) because I use my normal AirPods 3rd Gen (or occasionally the APP2), but for telephone calls (maybe 5-6 times) the sound is clear and people saying they hearing me fine.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #1,587 of 1,852
If you're finally seriously thinking about buying the ST
I'm pretty sure I will be buying a pair in the next couple of weeks. Was waiting to hear about IO-12 first, which seem very nice indeed, but suffer from the same issue as the ML 5906: bulky, insufficient ANC.

Nov 19, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #1,588 of 1,852
I'm pretty sure I will be buying a pair in the next couple of weeks. Was waiting to hear about IO-12 first, which seem very nice indeed, but suffer from the same issue as the ML 5906: bulky, insufficient ANC.
I was 1% away from joining the club but had some other things on the list I wanted to tick off first and then we made some investment at work - so I am looking at late January it looks like. But I am for sure getting a pair. I just hope they come out with more app and firmware updates.

Nov 19, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #1,590 of 1,852
Was waiting to hear about IO-12 first...

I'm sorry, but this isn't a good excuse — Is one year since the ST is releasing! :) But seriously now, I hope the ST is the ANC headphone that giving you good performance for several important aspects you want.

By the way, in my tests the ST having (little) better ANC than the Dalis in 2 areas, but these 2 tests are in simulation mode with speakers using YouTube videos, but this are still more or less valid tests. BUT, is true too, that I remember that the ST in my initial test is good, but in real life test is giving me a big surprise. So, this Christmas 2023 I will taking my iO-12 for real test in an airplane, but only for testing the ANC performance because the Dalis are very big and case too (not ideal!), but I'm very curious and my scientific mind is saying "do this test in real world situation, even if only one time!".

What is a very apparent fact is that the ST is little better for blocking wind noise (but still with similar ANC performance, interestingly) because in my test I using a real fan in maximum setting (#4 position is pushing very strong wind).

I'm saying this because apparently the iO-12 is also using Sony for their ANC (like the ST). But is a fact too that Sony isn't giving the competition the same high tech for their more top level of ANC that they're using in their top of the line ANC headphones (XM3, XM4 and the more recent XM5). One important aspect of the ST vs the iO-12 is that the ST is having little better passive isolation and maybe, in reality, this is making the difference I hearing in my tests (except for the wind noise blocking)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back