T+A Solitaire T Wireless Headphone
Oct 22, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #1,546 of 1,842
Creative BT-W5 funktioniert perfekt mit dem Solitaire und einem IPad Air. Verbindung problemlos und APTX HD mit dem Apfel.
That is good to hear. Did you notice any improvements?

Oct 22, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #1,547 of 1,842
SolT are my headphones for wearing around the house and when getting ready for work as well as for traveling.

I've moved my Sony MDR-Z1R to my office at work

And my Atrium live in my home office

Oct 22, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #1,548 of 1,842
@angelom I will be receiving my iPhone 15 shortly.

I'm curious why you're getting the iPhone 15 (I imagine isn't the Pro version), because, if I'm remembering correctly, you're always using Android mobile phones, specially for work requirements.

I also ordered a Creative BT-W5 and BT-W3X Bluetooth dongle for testing purposes to see if I can get APTX-HD going instead of AAC.. Will let you know my experiences once everything has arrived 🔥😎

One favour: If you think that in your comparisons aptX-HD is better than AAC in sound quality, PLEASE say that this is a very minimal difference and that AAC is still great. I don't want my credibility going down quickly! :)

SolT are my headphones for wearing around the house and when getting ready for work as well as for traveling.

I'm hoping that you aren't using the ST in the shower. :)

Oct 22, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #1,549 of 1,842
I'm curious why you're getting the iPhone 15 (I imagine isn't the Pro version), because, if I'm remembering correctly, you're always using Android mobile phones, specially for work requirements.
Android => private, iPhone => work, and no influence over that.

PS I am getting the 15 PRO

Oct 23, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #1,550 of 1,842
Quick tip: There are a used ones for sale in Germany for €900,-. As new. Unfortunately 'nur abholen' and it's a 3 hour drive for me. Otherwise I would have definitely bought them. (If I would have owned a car, I would probably have made the drive :), but I don't). Maybe somebody else in this thread is interested and lives nearby? https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-anze...-bluetooth-schwarz-silber/2580783462-172-1978

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #1,551 of 1,842
Oct 23, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #1,552 of 1,842
Well, I certainly wasn't planning on buying the entire Ferrum stack for these headphones and my Focal Clear, but I just bought the Oor and Hypsos for 2k. I couldn't pass up that deal and at that point I might as well buy the Wandla too. Right? hahaha. Hopefully this will end my headphone journey for a bit.

Oct 30, 2023 at 3:50 AM Post #1,553 of 1,842
Advice needed: how do you change the BT source for ST with the latest FW?
It's a big pain for me now, as I must switch off BT on my phone to get ST running well with my corporate Macbook for video calls, but it this case I can't stream music between calls from my phone and/or answer phone calls: any recommendations are more than welcome!

Oct 30, 2023 at 4:12 AM Post #1,554 of 1,842
Advice needed: how do you change the BT source for ST with the latest FW?
It's a big pain for me now, as I must switch off BT on my phone to get ST running well with my corporate Macbook for video calls, but it this case I can't stream music between calls from my phone and/or answer phone calls: any recommendations are more than welcome!

I think this post (#1281) will helping you: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/t-a-solitaire-t-wireless-headphone.964925/page-86#post-17615532

Oct 30, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #1,555 of 1,842
Oct 30, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #1,556 of 1,842
The thing is that both are not playing, then I start Zoom session on my laptop, select ST as a speaker/mic but don't hear other participants till I switch off BT on my phone completely or forcibly disconnect ST from it.
I have the same problem with my Bose NC 700's. I solve it by changing the source in the Bose app. If the Solitaire app doesn't have that functionality, you could try to play something from your MacBook so that the headphones switch to your Macbook before selecting the headphones in Zoom. (Assuming you didn't connect more sources than bluetooth multipoint on the Solitaire Ts supports, probably two).

Oct 30, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #1,557 of 1,842
The thing is that both are not playing, then I start Zoom session on my laptop, select ST as a speaker/mic but don't hear other participants till I switch off BT on my phone completely or forcibly disconnect ST from it.
It supposedly takes a few seconds for it to switch audio devices. This is in stark contrast to other multipoint BT devices I own.

Oct 30, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #1,559 of 1,842
Maybe some people don't know about the new Bose QuietComfort Ultra ANC headphones. Here are my initial impressions:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-bose-quietcomfort-ultra-oct-2023-impressions-thread.970248/

The beautiful and interesting thing about audio.

Is one week today now since I receiving the Bose QuietComfort Ultra (QCU). The QCU is, in general, a very good headphone in several respects, in my opinion.

BUT, here's is my not scientific opinion specifically about audio about these 2 headlines (ST and QCU). If you giving the QCU and ST to 100 average people in the street, I'm sure very more choosing the QCU.

I, personally, very much prefer the ST, a headphone that I calling several times in this thread 'boring' when speaking about sound quality. The ST is very, very honest about sound reproduction, like a very clean window, with no extra spices or extra ingredients for masking the real taste of a dish/sound.

The Solitaire T is a ANC AND wired headphone in a class of its own. This is absolutely clear. Wonderful sounding headphone.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #1,560 of 1,842
Finally got my Ferrum stack (Oor, Hypsos and Wandla). There's an obvious improvement with both my Focal Clear and the Solitaire. However, I think the Clear benefit more than the Solitaire. That said, this isn't a fair comparison since the only other way I've used the Clear is connected to my phone with the Apple dongle. Hahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back