T+A Solitaire T Wireless Headphone
Jun 8, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #1,261 of 1,890
Wow, thank you for the picture. So basically they are the same in hight but the SolT pads are narrower?
Do you notice they get similarly warm after a while? I don't like my MX3 for any longer periods.
angelom already supplemented with measurements and comparison photo between xm3 and SoIT. i also shared with his feeling on wearing comfort. just wish to add that even SoIT may have an edge (over xm5 in my case) for keeping ear temperature in check, i still got sweating inside ear cups and where my head touches the headband in just 15-20mins during my trip to tokyo (about 21-25deg C if i remember correctly) using SoIT outdoor. it's much worse in my city where the temperature and humidity are way higher. likely this is inevitable for any closed-back using outdoor during summer.

Jun 8, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #1,262 of 1,890
I have both, the ST and the XM3, so here are the very approximate measurements (first ST, then XM3)

6.0mm vs 6,5mm (length)
3,7mm vs 4,0mm (width)
1,8mm vs 1,8mm (deep)

The XM3 is more comfortable, but only because the weight is very more low, but the ST is very comfortable for me. BUT my ears start becoming hot and sweating really very soon (after only 15-20 minutes) with the XM3. I can using the ST for many hours without this problem.

ST and XM3 earpads:

IMG_1655.jpg
You guys are the best!

Jun 8, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #1,263 of 1,890
...likely this is inevitable for any closed-back using outdoor during summer.

Yes, this is true of ALL closed back headphones, and even some open backs!...depending of different factors (individual and external).

In my case, and I saying this before, I have a big worry before I'm buying the ST because ALWAYS ALL headphones without genuine leather earpads making my ears hot and/or sweating very soon (I'm using my headphones 90% of the times inside my house).

The ST is the first headphone (with not real leather earpads) that is absolutely fine with the temperature inside my house of (max) 26 celsius depending in the time of the year. More than 26 celsius and I have a problem with ALL headphones, genuine leather or not. But, like I saying before, this is for me personally. In 2 airplane flights, usually a problem too for me with not real leather headphones, the ST is fine, like my others genuine leather ANC headphones before (H95, 5909 and H9).

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #1,264 of 1,890
Yes, this is true of ALL closed back headphones, and even some open backs!...depending of different factors (individual and external).

In my case, and I saying this before, I have a big worry before I'm buying the ST because ALWAYS ALL headphones without genuine leather earpads making my ears hot and/or sweating very soon (I'm using my headphones 90% of the times inside my house).

The ST is the first headphone (with not real leather earpads) that is absolutely fine with the temperature inside my house of (max) 26 celsius depending in the time of the year. More than 26 celsius and I have a problem with ALL headphones, genuine leather or not. But, like I saying before, this is for me personally. In 2 airplane flights, usually a problem too for me with not real leather headphones, the ST is fine, like my others genuine leather ANC headphones before (H95, 5909 and H9).
indeed genuine leather is the best way to go! alcantara maybe a good alternative in my experience. I just bought ath-wb2022 last month in tokyo and found it got bigger cups and the alcanatara ear pads and headband feel better than the faux leather on SoIT too.

faux leather is really a big concern. i just took out my hekse to have a listen again but sadly found the faux leather trim on the ear pads discomposed badly already (after idling on headphone stand for several months)!

Attachments

• 20230608_221515.jpg
    20230608_221515.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Jun 9, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #1,266 of 1,890
Why is this thread under "Portabel Headphones, Earphones and In Ear Monitors" anyway when all the other full size BT ANC headphones are under "Headphones (Full-size)"?
Perhaps it should be moved?

The ST, in difference with many other full size headphones, is clearly a portable headphone. When a person is starting a thread, he or she choosing if the headphone must being in this section of head-fi or in the other you mentioning. Even if the ST is very expensive, I personally think this is the correct section for this headphone.

And, by the way, not ALL the others full size ANC headphones are in the other section you're mentioning. For example, the Mark Levinson 5909, the B&O H95, or one of the two Focal Bathys threads, are in the same section like the ST.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #1,267 of 1,890
A new app version (for iOS) is available, 1.0.3, AND a new firmware update for the headphone is available too, 4.1.6. Firmware update taking me 6,5 minutes for downloading and installing.

MULTIPOINT IS NOW AVAILABLE!! --- Unfortunately, custom EQ isn't available yet.

AND, is not in the notes for this FW update but I'm 95% sure that this is not my imagination and the maximum volume is a little more loud now. This is very good news for old masters (before 1990s).

The notes for the firmware update saying this:
"Preservation of the last selected operating mode (even after switching off and on)
Implementation of Bluetooth Multipoint
Optimised ANC modes for different use cases (outdoor, office, maximum)"

IMG_1785 2.PNG

IMG_1787.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #1,268 of 1,890
A new app version (for iOS) is available, 1.0.3, AND a new firmware update for the headphone is available too, 4.1.6. Firmware update taking me 6,5 minutes for downloading and installing.

AND, is not in the notes for this FW update but I'm 95% sure that this is not my imagination and the maximum volume is a little more loud now. This is very good news for old masters (before 1990s).

"Preservation of the last selected operating mode (even after switching off and on)

IMG_1785 2.PNG

IMG_1787.jpg
Well spotted mate :)

Jun 22, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #1,269 of 1,890

IMG_1785 2.PNG

IMG_1787.jpg

HOLY ****!!! Multipoint support what an amazing surprise, SO happy to have this addition it was so tedious to move back and forth from the phone and work laptop daily. So much for that out of touch T+A rep calling it a gaming feature! 😁

As a side note I was getting pretty antsy/annoyed that such an expensive headphone had only gotten one update right after initial release.

Jun 22, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #1,270 of 1,890
As a side note I was getting pretty antsy/annoyed that such an expensive headphone had only gotten one update right after initial release.

Yes, I'm also not happy that almost 7,5 months after release only one update is available. Now with the new update, multipoint is completely unexpected and a BIG positive surprise, specially after the comment by T+A that you mentioning that is completely ridiculous.

Now I'm 99% (100% really!). Is good that T+A increasing the max volume more, but sufficiently good (and not too much!) for making the ST now perfect, in my opinion, in reference to the max volume. If they increasing more, then you have a similar problem (at least in iOS devices) where one volume step can be too loud or too quiet like in the Bathys that making me crazy about the big discrepancy with one single volume step. Right now is very close to perfect because now I only wishing T+A making 30-32 volume steps (instead of 16 only) available for iOS and macOS devices (I know this is possible via a new FW update).

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #1,271 of 1,890
Yes, I'm also not happy that almost 7,5 months after release only one update is available. Now with the new update, multipoint is completely unexpected and a BIG positive surprise, specially after the comment by T+A that you mentioning that is completely ridiculous.

Now I'm 99% (100% really!). Is good that T+A increasing the max volume more, but sufficiently good (and not too much!) for making the ST now perfect, in my opinion, in reference to the max volume. If they increasing more, then you have a similar problem (at least in iOS devices) where one volume step can be too loud or too quiet like in the Bathys that making me crazy about the big discrepancy with one single volume step. Right now is very close to perfect because now I only wishing T+A making 30-32 volume steps (instead of 16 only) available for iOS and macOS devices (I know this is possible via a new FW update).
The increased volume is definitely good to hear. Can't wait to get home and complete the updates.

I think the value proposition of the headphones has definitely gone up with the improvements made based on this update.

Jun 22, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #1,272 of 1,890
I absolutely love the fact that setting are now persistent through power cycles. That means that my SolT now stick to High Quality Mode until I go on my next business trip 🔥

Jun 22, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #1,273 of 1,890
I haven't posted in a while AND forgot to post my recent setup, but cheers @angelom for the awesome PSA; many many thanks from us all 🍻🎉🙏🏽🥰

Btw, my setup earlier this week 🎧😊

PSX_20230619_085359.jpg
PSX_20230619_081556.jpg
PSX_20230619_082101.jpg
PSX_20230619_082724.jpg
PSX_20230619_083413.jpg
PSX_20230619_084454.jpg

Jun 22, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #1,274 of 1,890
Yep, love that settings are persistant and the multipoint!

However, I installed the firmware update from my phone, then updated the app on my M6 Ultra, but now unable to connect the app to the ST. Anyone else have this problem?

Jun 22, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #1,275 of 1,890
Interesting note; you can download the update whilst still using the Solitaire T in passive mode, but do NOT install with Bluetooth and audio cable attached, as a high piercing sound will be briefly emitted!

Screenshot_20230622_204819_Solitaire .png

Screenshot_20230622_205007_Solitaire .png

Screenshot_20230622_211022_Solitaire .png

Otherwise, just waiting for the install...

In the meantime, as I was downloading the update, here, me currently listening to Kelela's breathtaking album Take Me Apart (2017, Warp Records WARPCDD287) at 16 bit/44.1 kHz!

(Yes, I really did use Adobe Lightroom and Express on my phone to quickly edit the RAW images taken on my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, except the selfie that was taken in JPG Portrait mode 📱🤳🏽😂).

PSX_20230622_212057.jpg

PSX_20230622_211452.jpg
PSX_20230622_211513.jpg
PSX_20230622_211529.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back