T+A Solitaire T Wireless Headphone
Apr 15, 2023 at 2:38 AM Post #1,127 of 1,875
Hey there, I love the PX8 for comfort and the Solitaire for sound. Does anyone know if I can use the earpads of the PX8 with the Solitaire T? Thank you very much in advance!
No

Apr 15, 2023 at 2:53 AM Post #1,129 of 1,875
Thanks. Is there any other war to increase the comfort? Have been using IEMs so gar only and apart from the PX8, no headphone was comfortable. Will I get used to it or is it really only the PX8?
I'm going to be honest, I don't think anyone can help answer this at a detailed level.

What you're asking help for is not just very subjective, but also has multiple variables and data points that we simply do not have the answer for, because we are not yourself in this case.
I guess demoing, or in your case, using your gear, will give you the greatest information about how comfortable either of your headphone choices will be.

We have had owners of the Solitaire T enjoy said cans after initial discomfort, once they got the fit down.
Sadly, those who couldn't get the right comfort had to pass or sell their Solitaire T cans, as personal comfort is key.
This is the way of things in our hobby.

I'm a long term IEM user who has finally moved away from them due to having an serious inner discussion with myself on why am I causing myself more pain on using IEM's.
Sure, I still want a nice pair, but the vast majority of IEM's hurt my ears.
Even though the Solitaire T has smaller earcups, the overall comfort gains afforded by over the head headphones is so drastically different from, say, my Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 1 IEM's (and long discontinued Heir Audio 4.ai) that I'm at peace with enjoyment of my headphones. This was also my experience when I used my now traded away Focal Elear.

Though we can all give generalised opinions of comfort, we cannot discuss specific comfort points at an individual level due to how each person has physiological and personal differences.

That said, a user called @Maukey has both B&W PX8 and T+A Solitaire T, so if you want his opinion on generalised comfort from his perspective, he can chime in.
Anything else will be on you.

Finally, if, for whatever reason, you cannot enjoy the Solitaire T due to discomfort, do NOT force yourself to keep them. Try something else, such as Mark Levinson No. 5909 or your already owned B&W Px8.

As always, ymmv.

Edit: amended my post for better readability 😅

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #1,130 of 1,875
Two days ago, my good head-fi friend WDitters sending me a link for this article: 'These new $2,199 wireless headphones are the first with lossless hi-res' -- His comment: I guess we'll be seeing more of these concepts being investigated for their potential :) My comment: Interesting...Yes, is looking like next year we will seeing several similar type of headphones.

I personally have no interest in this particular new pair headphones, but maybe some ST owners must start selling their pair very soon!! :) :)

I am a person that don't believing AT ALL, from experience, that hi-res files giving better sound quality for the human ears than lossless CD-quality files when the mastering is exactly the same.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #1,131 of 1,875
Two days ago, my good head-fi friend WDitters sending me a link for this article: 'These new $2,199 wireless headphones are the first with lossless hi-res' -- His comment: I guess we'll be seeing more of these concepts being investigated for their potential :) My comment: Interesting...Yes, is looking like next year we will seeing several similar type of headphones.

I personally have no interest in this particular new pair headphones, but maybe some ST owners must start selling their pair very soon!! :) :)

I am a person that don't believing AT ALL, from experience, that hi-res files giving better sound quality for the human ears than lossless CD-quality files when the mastering is exactly the same.
I saw a YouTube video by AV Atmos on this a few days ago @angelom, and the video basically read the specs, but I just couldn't stop thinking at how the video and the company marketing felt...vaporware.

• This is the first headphone by the HED Unity.
  • Only renders and regurgitated info from HED Unity's press release, alongside mega social media promotion and marketing.
  • There is little to no background to what else the company has made or much in the way to give confidence over their audio chops. Now, that's not always a marker, as some (audio) companies have just come out and release a product that smashes the category they are in; for example, the UK audio manufacture The Bespoke Audio Co. only makes one item, a passive preamplifier of haute extreme quality (viable for ultra-fi gear and below). However, there are many alarm bells regarding HED Unity, and their marketing seems to obfuscate specific areas of technology through heightened pandering with dashes of FOMO.
  • The price makes this the second most expensive wireless headphone made. Audio Technica's ATH-WB2002 is first, T+A Solitaire T now third. Yet, their is no physical product shown for HED Unity's offering...yet.
  • No review units sent to anyone currently.

That said, they are going to NAMM, and you can order now for delivery, in other words, there is product ready for willing earlier adopters. However, no confirmation beyond BUY NOW 🤑.

Screenshot_20230415_160357_Chrome.png

Screenshot_20230415_160414_Chrome.png

I'm keeping my eyes open on this, but there's a lot of stuff that triggered by BS meter so I'm extremely cautious over this product...

However, good luck on HED Unity trying to beat T+A Solitaire T! 🙃

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #1,132 of 1,875
I saw a YouTube video by AV Atmos on this a few days ago @angelom, and the video basically read the specs, but I just couldn't stop thinking at how the video and the company marketing felt...vaporware.

• This is the first headphone by the HED Unity.
  • Only renders and regurgitated info from HED Unity's press release, alongside mega social media promotion and marketing.
  • There is little to no background to what else the company has made or much in the way to give confidence over their audio chops. Now, that's not always a marker, as some (audio) companies have just come out and release a product that smashes the category they are in; for example, the UK audio manufacture The Bespoke Audio Co. only makes one item, a passive preamplifier of haute extreme quality (viable for ultra-fi gear and below). However, there are many alarm bells regarding HED Unity, and their marketing seems to obfuscate specific areas of technology through heightened pandering with dashes of FOMO.
  • The price makes this the second most expensive wireless headphone made. Audio Technica's ATH-WB2002 is first, T+A Solitaire T now third. Yet, their is no physical product shown for HED Unity's offering...yet.
  • No review units sent to anyone currently.

That said, they are going to NAMM, and you can order now for delivery, in other words, there is product ready for willing earlier adopters. However, no confirmation beyond BUY NOW 🤑.

Screenshot_20230415_160357_Chrome.png
Screenshot_20230415_160414_Chrome.png

I'm keeping my eyes open on this, but there's a lot of stuff that triggered by BS meter so I'm extremely cautious over this product...

However, good luck on HED Unity trying to beat T+A Solitaire T! 🙃
I am actually less interested in Hed than in the research and development around using Wi-Fi type connections for audio as that would permit truly lossless music playback... Early last year there were rumors that Apple might activate Wi-Fi type data transfers in the Airpod Max, now Hed is doing the same... Promising developments.. On paper 😁

Apr 15, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #1,133 of 1,875
I saw a YouTube video by AV Atmos on this a few days ago @angelom,

"A few days ago"? AV Atmos only posting their video yesterday! :) (please don't interpret my comment in wrong way, I always intending for exactitude, that's all)

The price makes this the second most expensive wireless headphone made. Audio Technica's ATH-WB2002 is first, T+A Solitaire T now third. Yet, their is no physical product shown for HED Unity's offering...yet.

Yes, but this new headphone having 12 microphones (!) apparently, so this is making this headphone ultra super mega special!

For a company with not real audio history, if their product is so good, they MUST offering a 15-30 days free trying period, SPECIALLY for this price.

For me is more interesting that (apparently) they offering a very (apparently) decent 9-bands EQ in their app, BUT even if this is true, for me the tonal balance of any headphone is a seriously critical aspect so that I personally thinking seriously about a purchase.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #1,134 of 1,875
So many questions about this WiFi headphone. As we all learned in our journey to the Solitaire T, specs mean very little. It’s the sound on the ears that reigns supreme.

So T+A at least has made well regarded headphones for a while now. Mark Levinson used their oem abilities to make their headphones. This company has no track record.

I’d rather bite sight unseen on the Dyson headphones with the air purifier for $900 than this. At least I’ll be prepared for the next pandemic with those.

Apr 15, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #1,135 of 1,875
I'm going to be honest, I don't think anyone can help answer this at a detailed level.

What you're asking help for is not just very subjective, but also has multiple variables and data points that we simply do not have the answer for, because we are not yourself in this case.
I guess demoing, or in your case, using your gear, will give you the greatest information about how comfortable either of your headphone choices will be.

We have had owners of the Solitaire T enjoy said cans after initial discomfort, once they got the fit down.
Sadly, those who couldn't get the right comfort had to pass or sell their Solitaire T cans, as personal comfort is key.
This is the way of things in our hobby.

I'm a long term IEM user who has finally moved away from them due to having an serious inner discussion with myself on why am I causing myself more pain on using IEM's.
Sure, I still want a nice pair, but the vast majority of IEM's hurt my ears.
Even though the Solitaire T has smaller earcups, the overall comfort gains afforded by over the head headphones is so drastically different from, say, my Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 1 IEM's (and long discontinued Heir Audio 4.ai) that I'm at peace with enjoyment of my headphones. This was also my experience when I used my now traded away Focal Elear.

Though we can all give generalised opinions of comfort, we cannot discuss specific comfort points at an individual level due to how each person has physiological and personal differences.

That said, a user called @Maukey has both B&W PX8 and T+A Solitaire T, so if you want his opinion on generalised comfort from his perspective, he can chime in.
Anything else will be on you.

Finally, if, for whatever reason, you cannot enjoy the Solitaire T due to discomfort, do NOT force yourself to keep them. Try something else, such as Mark Levinson No. 5909 or your already owned B&W Px8.

As always, ymmv.

Edit: amended my post for better readability 😅
Hey,

thank you very much for your kind, helpful and informative feedback.

You are totally right. It was always be subjective, but saying that there are people that had an initial discomfort and had no problems later on, makes me hope that this could happen to me too. The thing is, I demoed many OverEars recently and the only ones convinving me totally sound wise are the Solitaire. The only ones being super comfortable are the PX8. I have demoed the Mark Levinson 5909 and Bathys too. The Bathys didn't do anything wrong but weren't emotional for me and the ML 5909 were a bit too sharp (sibilance) sometimes. By the way, I only demoed the PX8 and don't own them. It will be: Solitaire or better outdoor speakers :wink:

So, getting used to wearing the ST seems to be the only option. Otherwise I will have to stick to IEMs.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #1,138 of 1,875
How are comfortable headphones with you? Don't they hurt or don't you feel them at all?
I do not notice the headphones at all and closed headphones are apparently also not for me, because I do not tolerate this enclosed feeling.
To be honest, I had never used closed headphones before

Apr 15, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #1,139 of 1,875
Hi guys, im thinking of purchasing a pair as im getting more convinced about BT quality after purchasing the Dethonray Pegasus sg1 Gold (it actually replaced my Shanling M8). But i would mostly use them from balanced out on the Pegasus when at home and HQ bt mode when out.
I know they sound great but how would you compare them to the Focal Radiance for example? I liked the Radiance but sold them because they lacked some qualities which my Monarch Mk2 iems have.
The Radiance would be a keeper for me if it wasnt for their bit too aggressive upper mids and bloated mid bass. They are still best tunned Focal closed backs IMHO.
Really appreciate any feedback.

Apr 15, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #1,140 of 1,875
Hi guys, im thinking of purchasing a pair as im getting more convinced about BT quality after purchasing the Dethonray Pegasus sg1 Gold (it actually replaced my Shanling M8). But i would mostly use them from balanced out on the Pegasus when at home and HQ bt mode when out.
I know they sound great but how would you compare them to the Focal Radiance for example? I liked the Radiance but sold them because they lacked some qualities which my Monarch Mk2 iems have.
The Radiance would be a keeper for me if it wasnt for their bit too aggressive upper mids and bloated mid bass. They are still best tunned Focal closed backs IMHO.
Really appreciate any feedback.
I don’t know about the Radiance per se, but the Solitaire T have better tonality than the Stellia. The mid bass is not bloated. The treble is pretty spot on. Not fatiguing. Very clear and articulate. The best part about them is the BT performance (Aptx HD) is pretty close to the wired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back