T+A Solitaire T Wireless Headphone
Dec 12, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #391 of 1,912
And other design flaw I seeing but I forgetting mentioning is that 2 lights are always on AND very bright. In my case the green (this is for everybody, is showing headphone is on), and white (because I'm playing AAC files). Some headphones switching the light off completely (my choice) after is on for little moment or the light, if is on all the time, is less bright. This is attention for detail that is very important for me.
Fully agreed ... I'd love to see those lights being able to be switched off (if/when desired) .. Already got some comments from my surroundings about those ... :p

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #393 of 1,912
So I finally did it. My white T+A Solitaire T will be delivered tomorrow :grimacing::L3000:
Yay that makes two of us who just placed orders for the white/silver cans! 🤍🎧

Mine is incoming either Wednesday or Thursday this week; the adverse weather conditions have caused delays, but Premium Sound are on it (spoke to them earlier today)!

Attachments

• 20221212_223214.jpg
    20221212_223214.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 12, 2022 at 10:24 PM Post #394 of 1,912
I was about to order from Audio 46 but the black arent in stock!

That being said I'll be in NYC in a week or two and can likely just go down to their store and try them out. Along with other things!

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2022 at 2:54 AM Post #395 of 1,912
Got a little info dump to post, most of this may not be new, but some of you may find useful.

I spoke to Premium Sound yesterday regarding my purchased Solitaire T in white/silver, as well as a number of questions regarding app, LDAC, aftercare, etc.

One takeaway is that T+A has spoken to dealers regarding the ETA of the app, which should be within two weeks; unsure how likely this is given the Christmas/holiday period, but still, that's good to know 😊🎅

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 20221212_223214.jpg
    20221212_223214.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221213_074247.jpg
    20221213_074247.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221213_074340.png
    20221213_074340.png
    450.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221213_074500.jpg
    20221213_074500.jpg
    607.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221213_074551.jpg
    20221213_074551.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221213_074657.jpg
    20221213_074657.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221213_074739.jpg
    20221213_074739.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221213_074814.jpg
    20221213_074814.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 13, 2022 at 8:40 AM Post #396 of 1,912
For those based in the UK, Audio Sanctuary seem to have these listed for only £1000...

Dec 13, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #398 of 1,912
Got a little info dump to post, most of this may not be new, but some of you may find useful.

I spoke to Premium Sound yesterday regarding my purchased Solitaire T in white/silver, as well as a number of questions regarding app, LDAC, aftercare, etc.

One takeaway is that T+A has spoken to dealers regarding the ETA of the app, which should be within two weeks; unsure how likely this is given the Christmas/holiday period, but still, that's good to know 😊🎅

Enjoy!

Ha :) I am speaking to Alex from Premium Sound and have just ordered some black T&A ST's, I am returning the ML 5909 as the ANC is not working properly and ML were less than helpful :frowning2:

Dec 13, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #399 of 1,912
Sooooooo I did a thing 🙃

Placed an order for the T+A Solitaire T in white/silver!

This is the MOST expensive audio-based equipment and and headphone-based purchase I have ever made!

Originally I was saving up for the FiiO M17, which I may still get in the future (all-in-one high-end balanced streamer, DAC, and amp!).

Yet after much reflection, I noticed my changes in audio habits within headphones, especially the last few years.

I still occasionally use my aging Onkyo DP-X1, connected in balanced mode to my 2x NuForce HA-200 monoblock headphone amps, using all silver Double Helix Cables (Prion4 for my main headphones, Focal Elear).

However, this is infrequent, especially with my work (office) and after work evening hobbies (gaming, reading, etc); I reflected that, after three years, my Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 1's have been my most used headphones since purchase, and strong usage over the pandemic.

So, I was in the market for the best audio wireless headphones, to replace my old Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 1, as well as acknowledging my change of listening preferences over the recent years (away from dedicated DAP balanced only setups).

When selecting my next upgrade, IEM's such as Noble Audio Falcon Pro and Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 3 were on my high priority list, but I yearned to have a high-end closed-back set of cans that can also be used wirelessly, be a true all-in-one.

Watching in the last two years how the wireless headphone scene grew, I saw a range of designs, features, and sonics that interested me.

Previously I was interested in Sony WH-1000XM4, then this year's WH-1000XM5, and also the Sennheiser Momentum 4, amongst a few others.

Yet, my interest was not strictly ANC technology, though very handy, but high sound quality and wireless usage.
As mentioned above, I'm interested in high end cans that can be used wireless and wired.

So over the last two months I increased my budget, and was hyper focused on the recently released Focal Bathys, B&W Px8, and T+A Solitaire T.
I was briefly interested in the Mark Levison 5909, but reviews and user reviews, in direct comparison to the above three headphones, detracted my opinion for it; it did not seem as good of a value sonically relative to its price (in my opinion based on aforementioned reading).

The B&W PX8, unfortunately, came off my shortlist due to user reviews of it's tonality and bass heavy sonics. I adore bass, a lot, and in truth it's sonic characteristics are closer to what I like musically too. However, the Sony W-10 00XM5 can be EQ'ed to give a similar SQ, and I couldn't rationalise the new PX8 at its cost to sonics, despite it having a beautiful build and both great ANC and call features!

Focal Bathys were my nearly purchased cans, as they had features and sonics that I also liked (I have multiple sonic profiles ha ha), as well as an on-board DAC mode. The three main reasons that stopped me from purchasing were: digital circuitry is always on even regardless of mode (wireless, wired, USB to internal headphone DAC), built with a wireless SQ mindset rather than wired SQ (so have a colouration that's great for fun times, but not the last word in SQ within the £600 headphone market), and the existence of the T+A Solitaire T in its own completely different price bracket.

Regarding the Solitaire T's, I love that they were designed as closed back headphones first, but that they have wireless capabilities. Though I am aware of some shortcomings (touch controls, narrow/smaller soundstage, volume cap in wireless or USB mode, app still not released- I've read all the posts on this thread too!), the overall package and what it offers is truly remarkable.

It includes on-board USB DAC mode too, just like the Focal Bathys, but unlike those cans, the Solitaire T can be used as a fantastic high-end headphone in wired mode, with the electronic circuitry switched off. It can further be used with a balanced cable connection, though with single entry on earcup, which is awesome!

In wireless mode, I can use the HQ DAC, which is, as of now, unique in the wireless headphone space without the use of an accessory.

They may not be the ultimate £1000+ closed-back headphones specifically, which to me for my tastes would be Focal Celestee/Radiance or Meze Liric, but the combo of true wired mode and wireless suits my needs. Bonus points for balanced wired option, via T+A pin layout and with single earcup entry. These factors are especially important as I can use these in the office, commute, and with my home balanced rig, and be satisfied in all usage cases!

As far as I am concerned, the benefits for me outweigh it's negatives, and it is unrivalled in many areas too.

That said, it is a shame that multipoint is not a feature T+A are interested in, and would have completed transforming my newly purchased and incoming (😃) Solitaire T as my professional headset at work (when calls occasionally come through), music via USB-C to my Samsung Galaxy as I work (USB Audio Player running Tidal), and truly wireless operation whenever I wish, including commuting! Hopefully, T+A will take a different stance, but I'm unsure if the base hardware can support this.

Further, AptX Adaptive is not supported...though I believe the hardware is capable. This does suck, but as no Bluetooth wireless is truly lossy, this is not the biggest loss*. I still have wired options too, to my phone or old balanced DAP!
Sure, there is a strong chance that the next high-end audiophile wireless cans in this price bracket, from whoever, might include this, but I'll cross that bridge in due course.

Also, though I will be lacking the full experience of wireless without the official app (at time of this post), I'm hoping, when it finally releases, that the licensing between T+A and Sony go through, so I can utilise LDAC*, alongside other customisations to my taste!

Finally, I'm concerned about the volume limit imposed in certain digital modes, but I'm hopeful that this too can be user defeated when the app goes live. If, within my 30 days of use, I'm unable to override this limit (or enjoy the headphones in those digital modes with the volume cap), I can return the cans...

Thus, I selected the T+A Solitaire T, and placed an order earlier today! 😊

When I finally chose the Solitaire T, I was defaulting to order the black/silver version, as it's nice, not too shouty, and black is a usual pick.

Yet...it looked, boring...

The white/silver version, however, looked gorgeous, and after finding the small number of online vids of the two colours (here and here, for example), I thought, well, if I'm spending £1300, might as well go for the one I really like!

If I don't like the colour, I can swap anyway!

So yeah, can't wait to receive mine, test, and decide to keep and enjoy, or return and be on the search once more.

Also can't wait to write about them when they arrive!

I'm looking at your attachment of your invoice and is saying 1300 GBP, but when I go to Premium Sound website from your link in last post, the price is saying 1200 GBP (100 less). Maybe you want confirming the price of your order and maybe receive a refund of 100 GBP.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #400 of 1,912
I'm looking at your attachment of your invoice and is saying 1300 GBP, but when I go to Premium Sound website from your link in last post, the price is saying 1200 GBP (100 less). Maybe you want confirming the price of your order and maybe receive a refund of 100 GBP.
You are absolutely correct, and I will do that now!

Thank you!

---

Edit:
Sorted!

Thank you @angelom, and seriously, Premium Sound are providing a killer service!

I'm sure you'll have a great experience with them too @zonetripper on your black/silver Solitaire T's!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221213_175900_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221213_175900_Chrome.jpg
    491.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221213_175916_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221213_175916_Chrome.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20221213_175933_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221213_175933_Chrome.jpg
    441.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 13, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #401 of 1,912
On a separate note, my T+A Solitaire T white/silver cans were shipped earlier today, and arriving tomorrow! 😃

Unfortunately I'll be in the office when they arrive tomorrow, but after work I'll likely regress like a child all giddy etc when I rush home to play with my new shiny high-end toy 🤣🤪‼️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221213_180720_Yahoo Mail.png
    Screenshot_20221213_180720_Yahoo Mail.png
    340.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 13, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #403 of 1,912
Well looky looky, a new friend of mine just arrived at my home.

🤤🤍🎧

I generally do not go for white coloured gadgets or tech, but oh my, Solitaire T in white/silver hits different 😍

Congratulations on your new cans, have fun putting them through there paces before you post your opinions! 💪🏽

Dec 14, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #404 of 1,912
Here is one tip for the people that sometimes having maybe some difficulty with touch interface activating the correct action you wanting. I only discovering this few minutes ago.

You must using your thumb and middle finger resting them just outside of the edge of the small oval in the earcups (where the touch surface is). This way your index finger will having better and more accurate way of instinctively knowing where is necessary touching the exact surface you needing. Before this I'm only touching the more big outside oval area (near the physical buttons) and only with my thumb and then using my index finger for trying finding the correct area in the touch pad, but the ST is requiring more precise action than some other headphones so this isn't always working like I want. The nice thing about the ST, I'm discovering now, is that the small oval edges are very easy for reaching and feeling very quickly because of the design of this headphone.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #405 of 1,912
I ordered mine the other day, it should arrive this Saturday!

Quick question on after-market headphone cables for Solitaire T: any of the connectors for other headphones / brands work with them? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back