T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
Nov 10, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #2,791 of 3,211
Ha200 is a wonderful unit. I’m a little unsure about the loudness function. Where to put it? It makes a difference on both high and low volume. Anyone ?
I had the same question if you search in this thread.
HA200 doesn't have a volume controlled loudness function like RME.
In the end it's up to your own taste and headphone pairing.
Here some examples but it's really individual (e.g are you a bass head or prefer reference tuning?)?
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/t-a-solitaire-p-planar-magnetostatic.924381/post-16919718

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #2,792 of 3,211
Ha200 is a wonderful unit. I’m a little unsure about the loudness function. Where to put it? It makes a difference on both high and low volume. Anyone ?
To me the Loudness function is a unique selling point of the Ha200.

It's noticeable on low and high volume, obviously more prominent on low volume.
It's also adjustable how strong the overall effect shall be.

Nov 10, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #2,793 of 3,211
Running the susvara gives a good more bit of bass on all loudness- but most on high. So probably best to keep it there ? Since I like the bass. Sounds like it gets more power in a way with the loudness function? A bit overwhelmed over all the settings. It’s wonderful to have all the options :)

Nov 10, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #2,794 of 3,211
Running the susvara gives a good more bit of bass on all loudness- but most on high. So probably best to keep it there ? Since I like the bass. Sounds like it gets more power in a way with the loudness function? A bit overwhelmed over all the settings. It’s wonderful to have all the options :)
The concept of fletcher munson algorithm is to play all frequencies equally loud usually at lower volumes as the human hearing will perceive higher and lower frequencies less loud once volume is dropped.
You can Google the theory, e.g here.
https://www.izotope.com/en/learn/what-is-fletcher-munson-curve-equal-loudness-curves.html
If being played at normal or higher volumes these high and low frequencies are played louder as you might remember from your old car stereo.
For certain bass shy cans or genres it's nice to have this option not only for low level listening

Nov 10, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #2,795 of 3,211
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/t-a-solitaire-p-planar-magnetostatic.924381/page-139#post-16919718

^^ That's a bit adventurous. Output impedance doesn't really matter on planar headphones. The impedance curve for planar headphones is flat. The FR will not change, with higher impedance you just need to turn the volume louder.

And don't use IEMs with the HA200. I see the Traillii mentioned there, the Traillii sounds crap with HA200. 8 ohm output impedance with IEMs (most don't have a flat impedance curve) is highly changing the FR. I already asked T+A if they can change the 4,4mm output of mine to 0 ohm output impedance for money but they don't do that unfortunately.

Nov 10, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #2,796 of 3,211
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/t-a-solitaire-p-planar-magnetostatic.924381/page-139#post-16919718

^^ That's a bit adventurous. Output impedance doesn't really matter on planar headphones. The impedance curve for planar headphones is flat. The FR will not change, with higher impedance you just need to turn the volume louder.

And don't use IEMs with the HA200. I see the Traillii mentioned there, the Traillii sounds crap with HA200. 8 ohm output impedance with IEMs (most don't have a flat impedance curve) is highly changing the FR. I already asked T+A if they can change the 4,4mm output of mine to 0 ohm output impedance for money but they don't do that unfortunately.
I've not used the impedance settings from the example and only used the lowest impedance for biggest headroom (especially once applying additional PEQs in Roon/HQPlayer) but playing with filters and loudness is fun 😃

Nov 10, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #2,797 of 3,211
I've not used the impedance settings from the example and only used the lowest impedance for biggest headroom (especially once applying additional PEQs in Roon/HQPlayer) but playing with filters and loudness is fun 😃
Yes it is indeed :smile: But I always fear using it. It's like putting more and more salt into the food and getting used to it. Getting back to normal is a challenge then :sweat_smile:
Really sad that there is no 0 Ohm output, so one could use IEMs with it.

Nov 10, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #2,798 of 3,211
Yes it is indeed :smile: But I always fear using it. It's like putting more and more salt into the food and getting used to it. Getting back to normal is a challenge then :sweat_smile:
Really sad that there is no 0 Ohm output, so one could use IEMs with it.
I am almost sad for not having tried HA200 as preamp before passing it over (my current Oor has 0,3 Ohms and am happily using it on IEMs) but you could still try it with your remaining gear.
And that example with salt is very true also for using PEQs.
After brain burn in after one listening session with a certain PEQ it's hard to switch to a neutral curve.
Often need a fresh brain on another day

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #2,799 of 3,211
I'm (almost) sure it'll receive excellent reviews and will be engineered to Holo's high standards. OTOH, there's already a fair number of great-measuring, solid state headphone amps out in the wild. I've yet to hear one that gets the Susvara sounding as good as a (at least, my) speaker amp setup, although I've never had the opportunity to audition the Zaehl, which has received raves. The Purifi amps, at a fraction of the cost, represent a very compelling value proposition in the current landscape, while admittedly lacking any preamp functionality.

This is only tangentially related to the Soli P, so I guess I'll leave it there...
the CFA3 is a beast with the susvara

Nov 11, 2022 at 12:22 AM Post #2,800 of 3,211
Where can you buy the cfa3? It’s only built at home of some people? Can’t find it at any dealers

Nov 11, 2022 at 6:18 AM Post #2,802 of 3,211
So the T+A Solitaire T is now available according to the T+A web site. Does anyone know of any reviews or first impressions available now?

Nov 11, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #2,804 of 3,211
Where can you buy the cfa3? It’s only built at home of some people? Can’t find it at any dealers
it is DIY...dukei on here built mine and has a stellar reputation

Nov 12, 2022 at 1:12 AM Post #2,805 of 3,211
I guess the term "full potential" is the key. I use my Susvara with my HA200. The HA200 has tone controls, cross feed, and a variety of other features that I love. When I use it with the Susvara I do have to turn the HA200 to about 80% sometimes, though I don't like to listen with the volume too loud. I will also add bass through either the tone controls or the loudness feature. It sounds fine. Could they sound better on a more powerful amp, maybe, but I am happy running them off the HA200. I have other amps that I can use for the Susvara, but the convenience and features of the HA200 is more than worth it for me. I didn't feel this way at the beginning of my headphone adventures, but now, I have tired of chasing that last 5% of perfect sound. The Susvara on the HA200 sound fine to me.
How does susvara sound on the ragnarok 2 compared to ha200 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back