T+A Solitaire P planar magnetostatic
May 23, 2024 at 12:35 AM Post #3,211 of 3,239
I jumped in a got a Solitaire P. When they first came out I did not care for them with T&A’s amp, but then I heard them with the Holo Stack which I own and liked them. Anyway had an opportunity and jumped in. I also expect them to be a great match with my MK-465. Anyway…..

IMG_6082.jpeg
IMG_6083.jpeg
IMG_6084.jpeg
IMG_6086.jpeg

May 23, 2024 at 8:02 PM Post #3,212 of 3,239
I jumped in a got a Solitaire P. When they first came out I did not care for them with T&A’s amp, but then I heard them with the Holo Stack which I own and liked them. Anyway had an opportunity and jumped in. I also expect them to be a great match with my MK-465. Anyway…..

IMG_6082.jpegIMG_6083.jpegIMG_6084.jpegIMG_6086.jpeg

nice! your stock cables look nicer than my stock cables. how do u find the P so far?

May 23, 2024 at 10:36 PM Post #3,213 of 3,239
nice! your stock cables look nicer than my stock cables. how do u find the P so far?
Thanks. I think I like the Stock Cables.

Solitaire P Early Impressions (12 Hours, Connected to Mass-Kobo 465):

1.- More powerful bass than on the Susvara out of the MK-465. Not overdone, tasteful, but definitely a little more powerful.
2.- Seems to be a detail monster if you want to listen for it, but the details are not in your face.
3.- Pianos and strings sound good and drums.
4.- Vocals on “I Can See Clearly Now” by Holly Cole are more recessed as compared to the Susvara at 3:00 in. I like the way the Susvara does these better.
Listening to the album, I do like the vocals overall.
5.- The Susvara provides a bit more clarity which shows on something like Oscar Peterson’s Tonight from West Side Story. The Sus has a slightly brighter treble.
But this does not show up all the time. The cymbals still come across as they should. The Solitaire P is also a touch heavier in tone than the Susvara. This might also be due to the heavier bass. There is no bleed though.

I also got a Gladiator Silver Cable for my Empyrean. The Empy actually has more highs than the Solitaire P, with the female vocals sounding fuller. Not sure if better yet. If you just listen to the Solitaire P, female voices and treble sound fine. It is when you then connect Susvara that you realize there is a bit of clarity and timbre that is missing. Overall Susvara (also stock cable) is the better HP, but let's see if the P improves.

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 10:47 PM Post #3,214 of 3,239
yes the susvara is hard to beat for tone and clarity. SolP is a different flavour; a bit darker, richer and denser imo.

The oratory eq for solP improves the upper mids and highs. give it a go. I turn the EQ on and off depending on my mood and music.

May 23, 2024 at 10:53 PM Post #3,215 of 3,239
I liked the sol p ,it was to me a more open less dark and thick lcd-4 without the bass of the lcd-4...ultimately I sold it and kept my susvara

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 10:58 PM Post #3,216 of 3,239
yes the susvara is hard to beat for tone and clarity. SolP is a different flavour; a bit darker, richer and denser imo.

The oratory eq for solP improves the upper mids and highs. give it a go. I turn the EQ on and off depending on my mood and music.
I have not used EQ. I don’t have a way to do it at the moment. Maybe in the future. What S/W do you typically use to EQ?

May 23, 2024 at 11:07 PM Post #3,217 of 3,239
I have not used EQ. I don’t have a way to do it at the moment. Maybe in the future. What S/W do you typically use to EQ?

I input the values into a parametric eq on Roon. I save it as a preset. then simply toggling on and off as and when needed.

May 24, 2024 at 11:29 PM Post #3,218 of 3,239
My Affinity adapters came today for the Sol P. Question for those who use them -- is there a burn in period? Things seem to sound a little on the thin side with some tracks I'm familiar with....Trying to gauge if it's the adapters, the adapted cable, or maybe just my brain.

Jun 4, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #3,220 of 3,239
does anyone here have compared the lcd 5 (preferably after equed to harman) with the solitaire P?
I have but I didnt spend much time with LCD5. Was comparing them without EQ.

Stage is more narrowed in lcd5. To be honest it was claustrophobic compared to SolP. There is more maybe more subbass in LCD5 but Solitaire hits harder. Lcd5 are more analytical. Upper mid range is very aggressive and vocals are very forward, like in your face forward. They sound crystal clear and You can hear everything closer that's why You can analize music more. Treble is more pronounced on LCD5 and instruments, like cymbals, sounds bigger compared to SolP. To be honest they were more fatiguing and liked SolP more

Jun 4, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #3,221 of 3,239
does anyone here have compared the lcd 5 (preferably after equed to harman) with the solitaire P?
why would anyone EQ an LCD-5 to harman?...why not just buy the stealth if you are after the harman curve?...to be honest I dont get the fascination with harman?

Jun 4, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #3,222 of 3,239
why would anyone EQ an LCD-5 to harman?...why not just buy the stealth if you are after the harman curve?...to be honest I dont get the fascination with harman?
I'm guessing it would be because they, unlike you, prefer a Harman tuning. The Stealth has pretty weak dynamics, and will sound much different than an EQ'd LCD-5.

Jun 4, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #3,223 of 3,239
buying a HP tuned differently than the harman curve to then EQ to the harman curve makes zero sense to me...the LCD-5 is a different animal than the stealth precisely because it isnt tuned to the harman curve

Jun 13, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #3,224 of 3,239
Well, I pressed the trigger, I just ordered the Soli P. Hopefully, it will be here Saturday or Monday.

I hope this will be a good decision. I didn’t have the opportunity to listen first. Buying expensive stuff without trying first. If this isn't an extreme sport, I don't know what it will be. 😅

Jun 13, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #3,225 of 3,239
Well, I pressed the trigger, I just ordered the Soli P. Hopefully, it will be here Saturday or Monday.

I hope this will be a good decision. I didn’t have the opportunity to listen first. Buying expensive stuff without trying first. If this isn't an extreme sport, I don't know what it will be. 😅
Be prepared for a leaner cleaner deeper bass and a crispier but less airy treble presentation than the Elite. Of course YMMV.
Needs a bit more juice as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back