Symphonium Titan - Impressions and reviews
Apr 21, 2024 at 4:24 PM Post #331 of 368
what tips did you guys like best on Titan that dont compromise on bass quality and quantity?
I use the JVC Spiral Dot ++ on the Crimson so I've been doing the same with the Titan since day 1.

A few days ago, I went into a tip rolling frenzy with the Titan and eventually landed on the Pentaconn Coreir Brass ear tips. They've given me the best fit and seal so bass has gotten even better. I pulled the Coreir Brass tips from another pair of IEMs so I've ordered the newer Pentaconn Coreir Aluminum Alloy ear tips and they should be arriving sometime this week. I'm looking forward to giving those a try on the Titan as well.

Apr 21, 2024 at 7:25 PM Post #332 of 368
Thanks. I've never owned a 64A. I tried the U12T and it didn't engage me. I am guessing they've up'd the game.
U12T is a work tool that happens to be fun to use for audiophiles as well. I use this when I want to hear everything in a recording. It’s flat in a different way than “Harman” flat or “diffused field” flat.

The fact that I can hear all mistakes has no correlation to my actual ability to fix them though 😂

I did use Crimson for the same purpose with great success as well.

Apr 22, 2024 at 10:49 PM Post #333 of 368
I just had a threesome. Overall. It was very disappointing.

IMG_6912.jpg

BTR15 Bluetooth on iPhone. Next.

BTR15 on iPhone wired high gain is plenty loud. But sounds like the dead is talking to you. Flat, no dynamics. Bass is poorly defined. Where is the treble? You might as well use those earbuds that come free with your phone.

BTR15 DX260 wired. A little better, but everything above applies.

The BTR15 is capable of plenty of loud. But that is just it. It's loud, and the sonics never improve. It's just yucky soft and yucky loud.

BTR7 iPhone wired. It's much lower in volume compared to the BTR15. Drives the Titan loud enough. But dynamics is pretty poor. Imaging is poor. Treble is just sad. Blackpink sounds like Mickey Mouse.

BTR7 on DX260 wired. Much better. Only requires half the volume. Mids sound much fuller. The treble is still poor. What is supposed to be sparkly tingles in Robots in Motion, sounds like the toilet flushing. The dynamics are still poor. Very poor sound coherency.

BTR7 on an Andriod wired is acceptable. A waste of of the Titan, but acceptable.

AK HB-1 iPhone Bluetooth. Very low volume. Unusable. You have to plug in the USB and the volume will 2x.

AK HB-1 iPhone wired. Very loud, only needs half volume. Dynamics is decent. Trebel is good. Imaging is decent. Bass is decent. Mid volume is the best. Overall poor sound coherency. Beyond that is loudness with no improvement. iPhone bluetooth or wired sounds the same.

AK HB-1 DX260 wired. Sounds about the same as the iPhone overall. Bass thump sounds bigger and deeper.

I have 3 dongles and none of them drive the Titan to its full potential. In fact, the 2 Fiio dongles make it sound like a mediocre chifi offering, with poor technicals, either no treble, or sharp if it appears. Lousy imaging, bass is present but lacks quality. The AK HB-1 is better. But it still doesn't drive the Titan anywhere near what it can do.

That is about all I can endure. Hope it helps.
This Titan is extremely hard to drive for iems, all of my dongle are not able to drive it well and they sounds like cheap iem. I also just bought the HibyR6GenIII for this iem alone and still had distortion at high volume.

Apr 22, 2024 at 11:12 PM Post #334 of 368
My Sony ZX707JP and Cayin RU7 drives Titan fine. 🤷‍♂️

Apr 23, 2024 at 3:40 AM Post #335 of 368
This Titan is extremely hard to drive for iems, all of my dongle are not able to drive it well and they sounds like cheap iem. I also just bought the HibyR6GenIII for this iem alone and still had distortion at high volume.
Works amazing on my FC4, R3 II, Magni Unity... it sounds like you need to drop $5000 on a high end amp.

Apr 23, 2024 at 3:50 AM Post #336 of 368
Confirm that BTR15 works, but the subbass just isn't there and the sound is dynamically compressed. Just experimented with it since I only really use it for work calls with a more sensitive IEM.

Really enjoying these bad boys with the Kann Alpha and my home K9 Pro ESS. EDM songs really give me the feeling I'm being punched in the face every beat lol.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 6:44 AM Post #337 of 368
Works amazing on my FC4, R3 II, Magni Unity... it sounds like you need to drop $5000 on a high end amp.
price doesn't dictate quality; more expensive does mean it'll drive Titan well...

again back to the power formula: you need a device that can output high current without distorting.

@ZeroChad has already complied a list of possible sources/dongles that can drive symphonium IEMs well, and I'm sure there's many options that aren't that expensive.

Apr 23, 2024 at 6:49 AM Post #338 of 368
Confirm that BTR15 works, but the subbass just isn't there and the sound is dynamically compressed. Just experimented with it since I only really use it for work calls with a more sensitive IEM.

Really enjoying these bad boys with the Kann Alpha and my home K9 Pro ESS. EDM songs really give me the feeling I'm being punched in the face every beat lol.
LOL. Wife was wondering why I kept gritting my teeth while listening to music today. It was like being punched in the face for 2 hours.

Apr 25, 2024 at 3:13 AM Post #340 of 368
@ZeroChad I just tip rolled the Helios and found the candy coloured ones of the Titan sound the best. Are they the same ones as the Meteor green stem? I can't seem to find it in the Crimson kit.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 4:48 AM Post #341 of 368
@ZeroChad I just tip rolled the Helios and found the candy coloured ones of the Titan sound the best. Are they the same ones as the Meteor green stem? I can't seem to find it in the Crimson kit.
1714034764176.png

are you referrring to the ones on the bottom? those are symphonium premium tips; crimson (afaik) only ships with azla + divinus velvets

you could get the premium tips from the website tho

Apr 25, 2024 at 4:53 AM Post #342 of 368
Apr 25, 2024 at 6:53 AM Post #343 of 368
Apr 25, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #344 of 368

The premium tips are new - basically the same as Subtonic House tips and the tips quoted in the quote just below this reply.

They are included with the Titans and don't ship with any other IEM we sell currently.
Those look like Acoustune AET08 & 07.

They are similar.
Very similar :wink:

Symphonium Audio Proudly Designed and Manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Symphonium Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/symphoniumaudio https://twitter.com/SymphoniumAudio https://www.instagram.com/symphoniumaudio/ https://www.symphoniumaudio.com/ info@symphoniumaudio.com
Apr 26, 2024 at 8:59 AM Post #345 of 368

Users who are viewing this thread

Back