Symphonium Crimson - Impressions and Reviews (The Next Standard)
Sep 27, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #181 of 445
Ppl still care so much about what drivers. Kekw. Some brands have 9999 driver so they are superior?
I think that's kind of the point Symphonium is trying to make: Focusing too much on driver type rather than implementation can cause consumers to have preconceived notions about a product's performance before testing. It benefits everyone if such notions are taken out of the equation and the impressions of listeners are bereft this potentially confounding variable.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Sep 27, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #182 of 445
I think that's kind of the point Symphonium is trying to make: Focusing too much on driver type rather than implementation can cause consumers to have preconceived notions about a product's performance before testing. It benefits everyone if such notions are taken out of the equation and the impressions of listeners are bereft this potentially confounding variable.
Exactly.

Sep 28, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #190 of 445
Great listening sessions over the past few days with the Crimson. One revelation is how important the source is, believe it or not maybe my favorite source with these may be the ifi Go Blu, keeping in mind I also have the Fiio BTR7, Shanling M6U and Ibasso 320 DX amp 12. That is not to say I think the ifi is a better source all around just that it mates in a special way with the Crimson.

I may be on the hunt for a Gryphon, although I think that unit is a bit long in the tooth and may get an overhaul in the next year or so.

The Go Blu digs really deep with the bass and gives the midrange a bit more body

Sep 28, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #191 of 445
You didn’t answer our question…

We have disclosed our impedance and sensitivity as seen above, so I’m not really sure where this is coming from.

It seem you’re fine with other manufacturers but have something particularly against Symphonium and this model. Did we do something to you? If so, let us know how we can improve next time.
I bought one. I’m very excited to receive it. As an adult who invested a substantial amount of money in an IEM made by Symphonium, I am
naturally curious about the tech used because these things interest me, especially when I spend this amount of money on an IEM. I’m also a business owner and, as such, I try to be as transparent as possible with our clients about our business practices, including what goes into the services and products we supply. When you come across as defensive and secretive (and that is my impression of this exchange) it does your brand a disservice, unless of course you’re trying to lock down a secret fried chicken recipe so your competitor can’t steal it. If it is in fact a case of wanting to prevent customers from losing interest or complaining about pricing due to the driver count, well, then, those customers have preconceived ideas and you’re not going to change that. Didn’t bother me much that the Trio only had 3 drivers. I paid for it anyway. I think it would be helpful to revise the marketing support strategy a bit to be more respectful of the curiosities of consumers. I don’t like feeling as though I’m a nuisance if I’m genuinely appreciative of the results of the technology used and have sincere or enthusiastic questions about what exactly is going on under the hood that makes them sound so good. Anyway. Carry on. I hope I love the Crimson once I get it and I hope that any questions I might have about its technology are welcome here.

Sep 28, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #192 of 445
I bought one. I’m very excited to receive it. As an adult who invested a substantial amount of money in an IEM made by Symphonium, I am
naturally curious about the tech used because these things interest me, especially when I spend this amount of money on an IEM. I’m also a business owner and, as such, I try to be as transparent as possible with our clients about our business practices, including what goes into the services and products we supply. When you come across as defensive and secretive (and that is my impression of this exchange) it does your brand a disservice, unless of course you’re trying to lock down a secret fried chicken recipe so your competitor can’t steal it. If it is in fact a case of wanting to prevent customers from losing interest or complaining about pricing due to the driver count, well, then, those customers have preconceived ideas and you’re not going to change that. Didn’t bother me much that the Trio only had 3 drivers. I paid for it anyway. I think it would be helpful to revise the marketing support strategy a bit to be more respectful of the curiosities of consumers. I don’t like feeling as though I’m a nuisance if I’m genuinely appreciative of the results of the technology used and have sincere or enthusiastic questions about what exactly is going on under the hood that makes them sound so good. Anyway. Carry on. I hope I love the Crimson once I get it and I hope that any questions I might have about its technology are welcome here.

We are taking notes about how you all perceived this - it is part of the experiment. We already understood there might be some negative or questioning comments.

The team will continue the course of this as planned and will take it into account for next time.

Sep 28, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #193 of 445
We are taking notes about how you all perceived this - it is part of the experiment. We already understood there might be some negative or questioning comments.

The team will continue the course of this as planned and will take it into account for next time.

I am sure this is just unfortunate phrasing, but holy crap.

This isn't an experiment. This is your fans and potential customers forking over 4 figures for your latest and greatest at launch, largely based on faith. That's not time to lecture your customers, let alone conduct unwitting social experimentation on them to grind a marketing axe.

Crimson looks fantastic to me, on paper and off, but Symphonium's stance towards its customers as communicated here comes across as very passive aggressive and petty. Assuming your customers are too stupid for the truth is a great way to drive off the smart money.

Sep 28, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #194 of 445

This isn't an experiment. This is your fans and potential customers forking over 4 figures for your latest and greatest at launch, largely based on faith. That's not time to lecture your customers, let alone conduct unwitting social experimentation on them to grind a marketing axe.

Crimson looks fantastic to me, on paper and off, but Symphonium's stance towards its customers as communicated here comes across as very passive aggressive and petty. Assuming your customers are too stupid for the truth is a great way to drive off the smart money.

Yes, I apologize for the phrasing. Coming off that way was not my intention.

Sep 28, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #195 of 445

I would appreciate you pull back on generalisations. I am a customer, paying customer and I have no issues whatsoever about not knowing the driver count. It sounds amazing, works perfectly, the packaging was really awesome. Couldn't care less if it's single, dual, tri, quad or whatever configuration. It's your personal opinion, which I respect, nothing more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back