Symphonium Crimson - Impressions and Reviews (The Next Standard)
Sep 29, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #211 of 445
Looks like this "experiment" was a success.
At creating a group of potential buyers walking away because of the lack of transparency from the manufacturer and suggestion of the low customers intelligence only relying on drivers count as a purchase decision.
I really do not believe whoever bought it wouldn't have done it if the driver config wasn't up to their "standards", and even if they did, what would be their reaction when they finally find out.
Company reps talking down and ridiculing people raising their concerns didn't help the case either, and perhaps did some damage to Symphonium's reputation as a company.
I don't think at this point driver config, even if disclosed, matters anymore, the damage is done.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #212 of 445
At creating a group of potential buyers walking away because of the lack of transparency from the manufacturer and suggestion of the low customers intelligence only relying on drivers count as a purchase decision.
I really do not believe whoever bought it wouldn't have done it if the driver config wasn't up to their "standards", and even if they did, what would be their reaction when they finally find out.
Company reps talking down and ridiculing people raising their concerns didn't help the case either, and perhaps did some damage to Symphonium reputations as a company.
I don't think at this point driver config, even if disclosed, matters anymore, the damage is done.

I'm not sure which thread you are referring to, but I didn't see any talking down or ridiculing in this one.

Sep 29, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #213 of 445
Company reps talking down and ridiculing people raising their concerns didn't help the case either, and perhaps did some damage to Symphonium reputations as a company.
Only one talking down here is you mate. I demo, then i buy. No FR, driver counts or sensitivity needed. It sounds great, buy, easy. Let the rest of us enjoy a fantastic product.

Sep 29, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #216 of 445
If anyone's reputation is damaged it's certainly not Symphonium's.

Sep 29, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #217 of 445
tinywow_80vq3d_35870529.png

Sep 29, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #218 of 445
Driver count is just a number, tee-hee.

Sep 29, 2023 at 6:17 PM Post #219 of 445
Those crying/caring about the driver config of the Crimson seem to not be Symphonium's intended customers anyway in my opinion.

People will buy things on whatever criteria of their own, whether it be what actually matters, that being the sound, over more meaningless things, such as the driver configuration/specs of a product, again, in my opinion.

Sep 29, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #220 of 445
Those crying/caring about the driver config of the Crimson seem to not be Symphonium's intended customers anyway in my opinion.

People will buy things on whatever criteria of their own, whether it be what actually matters, that being the sound, over more meaningless things, such as the driver configuration/specs of a product, again, in my opinion.
Even without knowing the driver count it does not bother me as I know symphonium can make more with less in sound quality in regards to how many drivers they use. Also i like the crimson more than my mest mk2 currently.

Sep 29, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #221 of 445
I’m genuinely curious why you think the driver complement matters so much.

An x-ray machine won’t help you anyways, it won’t tell you what kind of drivers we’re using or how they’re actually implemented.
Because everybody just wants a number to hang their hat on. Foolishness.

Sep 29, 2023 at 7:21 PM Post #223 of 445
This is getting a bit out of hand, so I would like to address it. I'm part of the Subtonic and Nightjar team and work closely with Symphonium for development and share a lot of the same philosophies. We wanted to gather public feedback at London and SoCal without any preconceived notions. You can already infer several reasons why we chose to do so in this thread.

In our public testing, we have gotten quite a lot of comments about the quality of Crimson's bass, treble and extension regardless of driver type. This aligns with our general design/listening philosophy dispelling transducer configuration bias. We want our audience to listen to Crimson with an open mind and formulate their own impressions and thoughts, so we decided to not reveal the configuration until after CanJam SoCal.

Due to the time period between Canjam London and SoCal, we have informed our London attendees that the config will be revealed after SoCal. The intention was never to hide it as we want to remain transparent with our customers. We want our listeners to drive the conversation instead of a product page/spec sheet. Of course, everyone is welcome to hold off their purchase until it is revealed as we understand that this is important information for some before they commit to a purchase.

That being said, all driver types have tons of potential, and most of the preconceived notions surrounding them are due to the drivers not being implemented properly. Responses like this really stagnate the market space as it incentivises driver wars over actually focusing on innovating and tuning quality.

The way we design and tune is very different from the rest of the industry. Shoving in 10+ drivers, putting a simple cross on it and calling it a day would be way easier. We could sell it for the same price with the savings in reduced crossover complexity and components, the reduced labour time with assembling the less complex cross and simpler associated phase effects, and for the far shortened R&D time and legwork. And marketing would be easier as big numbers are self explanatory, rather than explaining the nuances of tuning.

We could definitely have taken this route to be on parity with the rest of the market. But the result would just an another IEM with marginal improvements over those that came before it, good enough to sell but unremarkable. And unremarkable is just not something we want to do.

Of course, if you decide not to purchase that's well within your right, and no hard feelings. But for those who have heard the quality we deliver and relate our philosophy and beliefs, do keep looking forward to continued quality from Symphonium, Subtonic and Nightjar.

Last edited:
Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Sep 29, 2023 at 7:34 PM Post #224 of 445
There is labor rate for specific job, he can spend the whole day changing oil or 15 minutes, rate is the same. Why this is even an analogy, don't see any connection at all.
They sell a cat in the bag to see if they can get away with asking price for just retuned basic 4BA design.
Just don't buy the damn thing. Jeez.

Sep 29, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #225 of 445
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back