Sydney meet 20/10
Oct 8, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #136 of 188
Hi guys, for what it's worth we just had our meet down here in Melbourne, and I'd allow at least 6 hours for the meet, if not longer. This will provide enough time to set it up and break it down at the end, plus you'll find that everyone has a different schedule and may not be able to arrive right at the start. We had about 9 people and lots of gear, and we fit approximately two to a desk in a fairly standard sized meeting room.

Hope this helps, and best of luck.

Oct 8, 2007 at 5:33 AM Post #137 of 188
Glad it all went well for our Melbourne friends!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gz76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys, for what it's worth we just had our meet down here in Melbourne, and I'd allow at least 6 hours for the meet, if not longer. This will provide enough time to set it up and break it down at the end, plus you'll find that everyone has a different schedule and may not be able to arrive right at the start. We had about 9 people and lots of gear, and we fit approximately two to a desk in a fairly standard sized meeting room.

Hope this helps, and best of luck.

Oct 8, 2007 at 6:58 AM Post #138 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just rang to book a room and the woman told me you can only book a week in advance, so I have to call back next weekend. You just rang up and booked fine yobs?

Yep, just rang up and it was fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister
Don't you just get public liability insurance for the day? I don't think it's too expensive...How much did they want for the day?

Off the top of my head I think the room was around $26 an hour. If the insurance is cheap enough, thats certainly an option.

The UNSW library is free however. Personally, I like free
smily_headphones1.gif

Curious how many people are confirmed to be coming... anyone willing to count?

Oct 8, 2007 at 11:01 AM Post #139 of 188
I didn't know I'm on the list...
So the place is arranged? is there any fee?

I might bring my,

Cans:
Denon D2000
MS-1
Yuin PK-1
Ety ER-6i

Source/Amp:
Modded Ibasso D1 (OPA2111 + LM4562)
iPod Photo

Anyone own an "iMod"?
I would love to try that
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2007 at 12:33 PM Post #140 of 188
Looks like there's a nice bit of gear coming together...

Agree with Capunk, it would be nice if someone has an iMod they can bring.

Oct 8, 2007 at 1:14 PM Post #141 of 188
Damnit you guys why didn't you book it this Saturday (13th) instead of 20th being in the 'middle' of HSC
blink.gif

Oct 8, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #142 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damnit you guys why didn't you book it this Saturday (13th) instead of 20th being in the 'middle' of HSC
blink.gif

Sorry, David. It's the Uni students that organise (generally) so they're more aware of their own timetable limitations/challenges and less aware (now) of school timetable limitations/challenges. I must admit even I, who sometimes work with the schools sector, hadn't noticed this clash.

Unless you have a HSC exam on the Monday I'd view it as the potential for a few hours break from the intense study regime (after all, you don't have to stay for the entire meet if there are pressing study requirements).

Hope you can squeeze it in (because it is worth the time
wink.gif
)

Oct 9, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #143 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by webbie64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unless you have a HSC exam on the Monday I'd view it as the potential for a few hours break from the intense study regime (after all, you don't have to stay for the entire meet if there are pressing study requirements).

wink.gif
)

Such evil advice
evil_smiley.gif

In other news, I'll hopefully have a Headsix arrived by then, though it probably won't be burnt in. MS2is as well.

I'll probably just bring my iBasso D1 (stock), turbo lineout, headsix, k501s, bamboo earphones, um2. My other stuff seems to be repeats, so not that bothered
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capunk
So the place is arranged? is there any fee?

Place is semi arranged. Just waiting for more ppl to book the UNSW library. As it stands now, theres only 2 hours booked. Yes, it should be free.

Oct 9, 2007 at 11:57 AM Post #145 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by webbie64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wink.gif
)

I have exams on Monday unfortunately (Modules) so weekend is for cramming
frown.gif

How often does this meet normally occur? On a monthly basis or even longer? Btw is there any other high school student that rocks up?

Oct 9, 2007 at 12:06 PM Post #146 of 188
Quote:

frown.gif

How often does this meet normally occur? On a monthly basis or even longer? Btw is there any other high school student that rocks up?

The previous Sydney meet was somewhere in this March. On average, I'd say we have about 1-2 meets per year.

Oct 9, 2007 at 1:15 PM Post #148 of 188
Quote:

frown.gif

Sorry to hear it, davidw89. Still, the time is far better invested in your studies at this time in your life.

If I were you I'd check those who are coming and the equipment you're interested in. No harm post-HSC approaching your fellow Sydney HeadFi-ers with that equipment to see if they're open to a mini-meet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The previous Sydney meet was somewhere in this March. On average, I'd say we have about 1-2 meets per year.

It's as Zorander indicates - at least it has been for 2007! The impressions thread from the last meet can be found here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=232025

Oct 9, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #149 of 188
I went into the library and they wouldn't take my booking, said i had to be a week out..I'll go back in next week...Best of luck for you HSC! Hopefully see you on campus next year!

Oct 11, 2007 at 6:43 AM Post #150 of 188
Guys, the H2 have gone back to Japan for repairs. Apologies to anyone who wanted to hear them. I can only bring the GS1000 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back