Sydney meet 20/10
Aug 4, 2007 at 5:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 188

juzmister

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,
I'm back and I've got more stuff than before
smily_headphones1.gif
. L3000 + DHA3000 for you guys to listen to...Who is interested in a small meet? I've got a new place, so I should be able to have like 3-4 of you here.
Let me know,
Justin.

Gear List
Juzmister
Oracle Delphi MK1
Wright WPP100 Phono
Ming Da MC34-B Tube amp

Webbie64

Zorander
-AKG K340(many)/K601
-Alessandro MS-2
-Sennheiser PX-100

Luco
-HD650
-HD600
-Shure SE530
-Headroom Max Balanced
-Esoteric DV-60.

Tz3ling
Cans: ATH-AD900, MS2i, SR60, PX100
Source: Musiland MD10
amp: Darkvoice 336i

ephrank
-K 701
-EMU 0404 USB

yobs
Phones:
MS-1, K701, K501, HD580, modded Koss KSC-75, Crossroad X3s (though this would be highly unhygenic so probably won't share ).

Amps:
iBasso T1, Little Dot MKIII.

Sources:
Sony D33 PCDP, Nano 2nd gen

theshadow6
K701
DT231
Little Dot MKIV.

Capunk
-ms-1
-er6i

Afton
-Ms-1
-PA2V2

Covenant
-CD-E5 > M^3 > HD600

Sixer
-Grado RS-2

b0dhi
Balanced M-3
Gs1000
TakeT H2

Jayjayz
-Beyer DT 770/80
-Pint

Covenant-Eastsound CD-E5, highly customised M^3 amp and HD600

Aug 4, 2007 at 1:38 PM Post #2 of 188
Always interested juzmister. Welcome back and congrats on the new accomodation.
icon10.gif

Perhaps you should also post this in the previous threads regarding the March Sydney Meet - most might be subscribed to them, where you'd previously indicated you'd be getting back in August and potentially putting a meet together.
lambda.gif

Aug 5, 2007 at 7:51 AM Post #5 of 188
Yeah, i've moved to bondi...My place isn't too big though, i'd need another table for a proper meet. I've got enough room for a mini meet though...

Aug 8, 2007 at 12:24 PM Post #6 of 188
O.k. There seem to be posts about this next Sydney meet both here and in previous Sydney meet threads, so I am trying to:

a. encourage everyone to post here.
b. ask that all interested Head-Fi-ers post here their interest, the equipment they will bring/share, and their preferred date(s)/time(s) from a list I've requested juzmister post in this thread (considering he's generally the organiser/coordinator - so the date/time options definitely have to work for him
wink.gif
).
c. determine from the posts received what our best accomodation choice will be - very small numbers would be juzmister's Bondi apartment; numbers up to 18 I could accomodate (but I'm 1 1/2 hours from the centre of town); juzmister has also identified some accomodation we could rent for numbers up to 50 - the hire fee would become a shared cost for all participants.

No, I'm not able to take on the coordination (sorry, juzmister) but I am keen to participate in another meet, whether it be a mini-meet or the biggest yet staged in Sydney (I can always hope, can't I??
biggrin.gif
)

Aug 8, 2007 at 12:43 PM Post #7 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by webbie64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
O.k. There seem to be posts about this next Sydney meet both here and in previous Sydney meet threads, so I am trying to:

a. encourage everyone to post here.
b. ask that all interested Head-Fi-ers post here their interest, the equipment they will bring/share, and their preferred date(s)/time(s) from a list I've requested juzmister post in this thread (considering he's generally the organiser/coordinator - so the date/time options definitely have to work for him
wink.gif
).
c. determine from the posts received what our best accomodation choice will be - very small numbers would be juzmister's Bondi apartment; numbers up to 18 I could accomodate (but I'm 1 1/2 hours from the centre of town); juzmister has also identified some accomodation we could rent for numbers up to 50 - the hire fee would become a shared cost for all participants.

No, I'm not able to take on the coordination (sorry, juzmister) but I am keen to participate in another meet, whether it be a mini-meet or the biggest yet staged in Sydney (I can always hope, can't I??
biggrin.gif
)

a. Done that by posting this.
wink.gif

b. I can bring anything as long as no one else is bringing the same thing, probably a HD-600 and/or K601, esp. since we had K701s in the previous meet and no K601 to directly compare against.
c. I'm very much in support of another meet in the UNSW; here's hoping we get enough interest to warrant hiring a room.

Cheers!

Aug 8, 2007 at 12:43 PM Post #8 of 188
Leading by example...

Yes, I'd like to attend the next meet. My preferred date will depend on what options we come up with but I strongly suggest avoiding the APEC weeks/weekends.

The equipment I would bring would depend on location but could include:

Headphones - Sennheisser HE60, Stax SR-001, Stax Sigma, Stax Lambda, Westone UM2

Amplifiers - Woo Audio GES, Mcalister EA-4, Stax SRD-XPro, RSA Hornet 'M' (450+ hours burn in), RSA Tomahawk (800+ hours burn in), Xin Supermini III

Sources - Pioneer PD-S802 through Apuresound DAC-1; modded Pioneer PD-S901; Musical Fidelity A3.5; Sony DNE-1/iRiver H120 through Picollo portable DAC; Sony NW-HD5.

ICs - Various RCA-2-RCAs (from Moon Silver Dragons to Apuresound to Cantsleep to David Kato Multi-Arrays to Grovers (S Version 2 & modded UR6) to VH Cryo Pulsars) and Mini-2-minis (Apuresound, Cardas, Cantsleep, etc)

Tweaks - Shunyata Snake Bite Power Cord; Statmat CDi Blue; TDS True Dimensional Sound Enhancer - Passive Audiophile MA Ultra

Extras - Stax extension cables (6 pin and 5 pin)

Edit: Beaten by Zorander!

Aug 8, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #9 of 188
Haha, ok, sounds good. Let's see what people come back with in this thread, and i'll work out a room to fit whoever wants to join...

Aug 11, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #10 of 188
Yeah I'd be interested.
Just starting out in this so I'll be able to bring:
Cans: ATH-AD900, MS2i, SR60, PX100
Source: Musiland MD10

Aug 11, 2007 at 11:00 AM Post #11 of 188
Hi guys (and girls?),

Nice to meet you! I'm totally new to all things audiophile. Just got my K 701 this month. I also have a EMU 0404 USB. Weekends will be suitable but not the APEC long weekend (going to Perisher Blue
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Aug 11, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #12 of 188
Cool, I don't think i'll be able to fit this into my place...So i'll enquire about the availability of the room.

Aug 11, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #13 of 188
I'm interested - pretty new to this stuff though.

Stuff I could bring...

Phones:
MS-1, K701, K501, HD580, modded Koss KSC-75, Crossroad X3s (though this would be highly unhygenic so probably won't share
biggrin.gif
).

Amps:
iBasso T1, Little Dot MKIII.

Sources:
Sony D33 PCDP, Nano 2nd gen

Perhaps I should pad swap the k501s if someone else is bringing K701s along already. My K701s would only have 100ish hours on them. *edit* pad swapped the k501s a few hours ago... the bass is definitely present
biggrin.gif

ps. juzmister i'm from UNSW too
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back