Surprise! HF-1 (Head-Fi 1)!!!
Sep 13, 2005 at 1:42 PM Post #271 of 1,119
Excellent. Thanks for that blessingx.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 13, 2005 at 4:14 PM Post #272 of 1,119
I was thinking of getting a new headphone for work and I was thinking on the Senn´HD485 ( as I like the sound of Senns ) but now I´m torn and I will likely go for them if they still around on the 28th of this month ( I´m getting paid then
biggrin.gif
).

Sep 13, 2005 at 4:52 PM Post #273 of 1,119
Hi Everyone,

If you order online or by phone, your card is not charged until your order is ready to ship. The card is not automatically charged on the web orders.

As for the e-mail situation... the phone rang continuously Friday, Saturday and Yesterday so I am still trying to get to it. You can now order online by ordering a SR-225 and putting a note in the comments section stating your Head-Fi name and that you would like a HF-1. I am trying to keep up - the support from this communtiy is amazing and very much appreciated.

This headphone will not be being produced forever - as a matter of fact it will reach the end of its life in a couple of weeks. Sept 30 will be the last day to order.

Todd

Sep 13, 2005 at 5:12 PM Post #274 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd
Hi Everyone,

If you order online or by phone, your card is not charged until your order is ready to ship. The card is not automatically charged on the web orders.

As for the e-mail situation... the phone rang continuously Friday, Saturday and Yesterday so I am still trying to get to it. You can now order online by ordering a SR-225 and putting a note in the comments section stating your Head-Fi name and that you would like a HF-1. I am trying to keep up - the support from this communtiy is amazing and very much appreciated.

This headphone will not be being produced forever - as a matter of fact it will reach the end of its life in a couple of weeks. Sept 30 will be the last day to order.

Todd

Have you got any info over whether your international shipping method is insured, or how much extra it would cost to have the HF-1 sent by insured method? I'd rather pay a few more dollars just to be sure
smily_headphones1.gif

Once again, before I forget, thanks for all your efforts
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2005 at 5:15 PM Post #275 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd
Hi Everyone,

Todd

big shout out to todd for having to deal with us over the past few days. i can only imagine the number of calls/emails/messages he has had to wade through!

cheers to todd.

Sep 13, 2005 at 5:36 PM Post #276 of 1,119
You bastards.

First of all, I don't have $200 dollars to spend. Well, I do, but I already spent $100 this month on sound card and I don't really feel like spending $300 a month on audio equipment. If I had $200 dollars to spend I don't think I'd want to spend it on the Grado sound signature either especially given the comfort issue.

Second, I don't want an open can, I want a closed can, so I can block out all the other people on my floor and not have to listen to their speaker-driven music or electric guitar playing. Or the speakers of my roommate.

But then you bring up this "ordering ends Sept. 30" deal....

Must....

resist....

Sep 13, 2005 at 5:40 PM Post #277 of 1,119
Todd you're the man, and I can't believe I didn't think of you when I was trying to unload guitars and stuff to help pay for the HF-1! I'm an idiot! You're a class act, when the spirit moves me to totally abandon my guitar hobby, I know who to go to first! Thanks again!

Sep 13, 2005 at 5:40 PM Post #278 of 1,119
have you had th echance to listen to a grado can before? If not i would recommend heading to a store and checking them out, there are very differing opinions about grado's here, some say bad sounding ,some say great, some say uncomfortable, some say no issues. personally i like em, but i can understand some people prefering other things.

I wouldnt recommend buying these only as a collectors item if you have previously listened to grados and didnt like them, im sure the sound signature will be very similar to existing grados.

Quote:

Originally Posted by K2Grey
You bastards.

First of all, I don't have $200 dollars to spend. Well, I do, but I already spent $100 this month on sound card and I don't really feel like spending $300 a month on audio equipment. If I had $200 dollars to spend I don't think I'd want to spend it on the Grado sound signature either especially given the comfort issue.

Second, I don't want an open can, I want a closed can, so I can block out all the other people on my floor and not have to listen to their speaker-driven music or electric guitar playing. Or the speakers of my roommate.

But then you bring up this "ordering ends Sept. 30" deal....

Must....

resist....

Sep 13, 2005 at 5:44 PM Post #279 of 1,119
I phoned Saturday PM (UK time) and left a message.I then ordered via the web site on Sun morning at 01.34.How long do I need to wait before being advised of serial number etc.?

Sep 13, 2005 at 5:59 PM Post #280 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob N
I phoned Saturday PM (UK time) and left a message.I then ordered via the web site on Sun morning at 01.34.How long do I need to wait before being advised of serial number etc.?

I bet if you call him right now you'd catch him - I heard his other line ringing when I was on the line with him, it's nonstop in there, poor guy.

Sep 13, 2005 at 6:00 PM Post #281 of 1,119
Order placed online! Just had to get on the bandwagon on this can, plus the donation goes to a great cause...Head-Fi!

Lets see how this HF-1 stands up to my:

HP-1
HP-2
PS-1
RS-1

If this is a total success, which it obviously is, how long will we have to wait for the HF-1000 (the return of the HP-1000 drivers tweaked in either a PS-1 or HP-1000 housing)! j/k
rs1smile.gif

Sep 13, 2005 at 6:47 PM Post #283 of 1,119
Quote:

i'm assuming that todd's looking through the online orders, the emails, and then the voicemails and doing his best to log the times of orders to assign serial numbers. can't be easy. even though you won't be charged until the hf-1 actually ships, i think you will be assigned a number based on your time of order...i don't doubt that todd will take care of us with fairness.

Sep 13, 2005 at 6:52 PM Post #284 of 1,119
Quote:

If Todd's being consistent, and no reason why he shouldn't be, you'll have a low number by virtue of phoning on Saturday (as far as I can understand he was going through the voicemails and the phonecalls he was getting to make the list) - so if you can actually manage to get hold of him on the phone he should be able to tell you your number. I don't know if your buying it on the site will have expedited the process, I gave him my CC details over the phone when I actually spoke to him, hopefully he'll have consolidated your online order with the details he already had from the voicemail
smily_headphones1.gif

Hope that makes sense...

Sep 13, 2005 at 7:22 PM Post #285 of 1,119
Todd's a really nice guy, he just called me back within less that an hour of my call. Looking forward to receiving these. I heve never owned the better Grados, and it's very unlikely that I will switch away from my wonderful (and hardly broken in) Darth Beyers, but I like a little variety in my life, and since I've been married over 13 years, it's good to get that variety from headphones
orphsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back