Surprise! HF-1 (Head-Fi 1)!!!
Sep 13, 2005 at 8:32 PM Post #286 of 1,119
I sent an e-mail on Wed. was it. I haven't had anything. I hope I won't miss out.
eek.gif

Sep 13, 2005 at 8:47 PM Post #287 of 1,119
Arghhh, my wallet.

Just ordered mine.

Thanks Todd and Head-Fi,

-R-

Sep 13, 2005 at 9:02 PM Post #288 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Medeski
I sent an e-mail on Wed. was it. I haven't had anything. I hope I won't miss out.
eek.gif

I don't believe the offer started till Friday. . . . I stated above that I'd sent email on Friday morning to get in the first batch. Todd's entry past this post mentioned that he's been concentrating on phone and web orders and has not even gotten to email yet; suggested ordering online. You should go to his Web site and order a pair soon.

I am wicked bummed about the fact that I missed the first batch because I chose email and will now have to wait another few weeks or so (the low number itself was not important). I did however place an order today on Todd's Web site so will eventually receive a pair, which is what really matters....Stoked again.

Todd, if you read this, since you haven't gotten to email.... 8~) : I don't suspect it's possible to bump email-based confirmation up in the list, but I'm sure you'll do all you can. I'd also like to echo the thanks and gratitude for putting this offer together.

Sep 13, 2005 at 9:14 PM Post #289 of 1,119
#134 here... Todd was very cool just now on the phone. He's handling the pressure like a consummate professional
waytogo.gif
!

Sep 13, 2005 at 10:27 PM Post #290 of 1,119
rs1smile.gif
Just happy to finally join the community. Anxious (as we all are) to see and hear the HF-1.

Thanks to all that (unknowingly) convinced me to pick up my first grados quite a while ago.

I also wonder what type of wood will be used in the HF-1...

Sep 13, 2005 at 11:18 PM Post #291 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roblin
I also wonder what type of wood will be used in the HF-1...

Todd told me it's Mahogany.

Sep 14, 2005 at 3:30 AM Post #293 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflepants
So are these going to look identical to the rs-1/2's?

externally they'll look identical to a SR225 with a wood button i believe. the wood housing you'll only see from inside the pad or if you remove the pad i think.

btw welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet!

Sep 14, 2005 at 3:41 AM Post #294 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd
This headphone will not be being produced forever - as a matter of fact it will reach the end of its life in a couple of weeks. Sept 30 will be the last day to order.

ROTFLMAO, Jeez Todd, just what you needed to share, a tidbit of information to speed up your orders!!!!
biggrin.gif
Maybe you should keep any other little nuggets of information to yourself for a week or two!
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 14, 2005 at 3:49 AM Post #295 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
externally they'll look identical to a SR225 with a wood button i believe. the wood housing you'll only see from inside the pad or if you remove the pad i think.

btw welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet!

Ahh I wish there was a picture..

Ty for the welcome, and advance wallet warning
tongue.gif

Sep 14, 2005 at 2:13 PM Post #296 of 1,119
I too decided to e-mail on Saturday just to see what's going on. I didn't hear back so I ordered through the web on Sunday.

I guess when I e-mailed 'I' didn't even know it would be this huge. Todd's gotta be getting orders like crazy. 200 in 3 business days is about one every 7 minutes. If he's doing this all by himself he's 'slightly' busy, especially considering it probably takes 5 minutes to take an order over the phone. I hope he puts the e-mails and web orders into consideration in the numbering. I too don't really care about what serial number I get, but I would like to receive one sooner for ordering sooner, so I guess that means I'd be getting a lower number anyway. I'll let it flow, he'll eventually catch up. Backlogs are normal for sales environments.

Sep 14, 2005 at 5:00 PM Post #297 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflepants
Ahh I wish there was a picture..

Well, I have mine coming to my work and we get mail at 10 AM. If it comes tomorrow like it should I'll post pics immediately.

Sep 14, 2005 at 5:34 PM Post #300 of 1,119
Yes if it's over £40 or so.

You pay customs duty on the purchase price including the shipping costs, add VAT to that and usually a service charge as well. Last time I paid about £35 on headphones costing $270 shipped. But if you compare the price to a set of retail Grado SR225 here in the UK you'll still be much better off.

But lady luck may smile on you as sometimes they get through without customs charges.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back