SuperMacro-3 is available with promotion (2XBUF634 for free)
Mar 19, 2005 at 11:18 PM Post #256 of 314
Here are a couple of questions for someone using the SuperMacro with an iPod:

-How does the amp compare in thickness to the iPod (iPod photo 60 or 3G/40)?

-Are the end-plates flush with the body of the amp, or do they stick up slightly?

-How are you securing the amp and iPod together--Velcro, rubberbands, or ... ?

Thanks.

Mar 20, 2005 at 12:07 AM Post #257 of 314
Quote:

Originally Posted by atx
This is such a shrewd business decision! Anyone who is thinking of buying an amp on a budget would have to consider the supermini-3. Think of it as a down payment on a supermacro-3 six months from now (or maybe supermacro-4 by then!)
biggrin.gif
You just can't go wrong.

LOL, headfi + budget = does not compute :p

Anyway, the way I see it, a) I can't wait to get my SuperMacro3, b) I can't wait till he does another major upgrade
biggrin.gif
Though, I think I'll wait 2 rounds to do a serious upgrade...

Mar 20, 2005 at 12:13 AM Post #258 of 314
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spad
Here are a couple of questions for someone using the SuperMacro with an iPod:

-How does the amp compare in thickness to the iPod (iPod photo 60 or 3G/40)?

-Are the end-plates flush with the body of the amp, or do they stick up slightly?

-How are you securing the amp and iPod together--Velcro, rubberbands, or ... ?

Thanks.

The SM is shorter (credit card length) but thicker than a 4G.

Here's a pic:

http://www.fixup.net/products/macro/index.htm

End plates (both front and back plates) are flush with the amp but you need to adjust the plate to the body of the amp and then tighten nuts to be flush. I use a rubberband to secure. I also use rubberbands as my wallet, LOL.

Mar 20, 2005 at 2:48 AM Post #259 of 314
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Al
The SM is shorter (credit card length) but thicker than a 4G.

Here's a pic:

http://www.fixup.net/products/macro/index.htm

End plates (both front and back plates) are flush with the amp but you need to adjust the plate to the body of the amp and then tighten nuts to be flush. I use a rubberband to secure. I also use rubberbands as my wallet, LOL.

Thanks, Big Al,

I wonder if someone such as Vaja might be interested in making a case to hold both an iPod and the SuperMacro. At their prices we might both be using rubberbands in place of belts.
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2005 at 9:06 AM Post #260 of 314
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spad
How does the amp compare in thickness to the iPod (iPod photo 60 or 3G/40)?

The SM is 3.25" long by 2.125" wide by 0.91" tall.
Front-iPod2.jpg

The 60GB iPod photos are 4.1" x 2.4" x 0.75"
So the SM is about 20% thicker.

You can check out the technical size specs for each iPod here.

[size=xx-small]more pictures of the SuperMacro v1 can be found here[/size]

Mar 20, 2005 at 2:13 PM Post #261 of 314
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwin022
Back on topic.... Theoretically, Xin got the 4 layer boards today
smily_headphones1.gif
Lets see if he gets some done tomorrow or Monday
smily_headphones1.gif

What a pain! He missed the UPS driver and didn't get the new circurt board on Saturday. I hope he can come up with something on Monday.

Mar 20, 2005 at 3:16 PM Post #262 of 314
Quote:

Originally Posted by goto2003
What a pain! He missed the UPS driver and didn't get the new circurt board on Saturday. I hope he can come up with something on Monday.

Major pain!

Mar 20, 2005 at 3:22 PM Post #263 of 314
Has anyone has thier bass boost switch increased from the standard default of 0/5 db (on thier SM V1) to something higher and how does it sound? Xin said he can double it if you want. I just acquired a Grado 325i which has great bass but my other 2 cans (Senn 590 and AKG 271s) could use some help from the standard default.

Mar 20, 2005 at 9:06 PM Post #264 of 314
Quote:

Originally Posted by goto2003

aaaw damnit
frown.gif
I'm impatient and would have hunted down the UPS driver or gone to pick it up at the terminal... that's just me though :p.

oh well, as long as it gets here by friday, I'll be happy (that was my deadline of when I needed it by)

Mar 21, 2005 at 2:03 AM Post #266 of 314
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Al
Has anyone has thier bass boost switch increased from the standard default of 0/5 db (on thier SM V1) to something higher and how does it sound? Xin said he can double it if you want. I just acquired a Grado 325i which has great bass but my other 2 cans (Senn 590 and AKG 271s) could use some help from the standard default.

I had mine doubled but I asked Xin to leave it at the standard amount on both of my upgrade amps - once I got my Sensas I realized that +10db was WAY too much.
wink.gif

Mar 21, 2005 at 6:08 PM Post #267 of 314
I have a little trouble to keep up with all these changes :/
So the 4 layer version isn't produced yet, but has anyone heard the 2 layer v3?

Mar 21, 2005 at 11:41 PM Post #268 of 314
Quote:

Originally Posted by mavis
I had mine doubled but I asked Xin to leave it at the standard amount on both of my upgrade amps - once I got my Sensas I realized that +10db was WAY too much.
wink.gif

OK, I just some got flats for my 325i and I don't want over whelming bass for these but for my other 2 cans like I said need so help in this area. I think I'll leave the default of 5. Thanks.

Mar 21, 2005 at 11:48 PM Post #270 of 314
Xin made yet another change... says it sounds better and runs cooler. Shipments should start this week, and he's using express mail.

I've got to hand it to Xin for his sincere attempts at doing the best for his customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back