SuperMacro-3 is available with promotion (2XBUF634 for free)
Mar 22, 2005 at 4:12 PM Post #286 of 314
Quote:

Originally Posted by goto2003
Hope you can share with us how it sounds tomorrow morning
lambda.gif
I ordered last week and might be beyond the 100th

so do I
600smile.gif
etysmile.gif

If mine ships today, I'll be VERY happy and will post initial thoughts ASAP. I can't wait!

goto: do you have any idea how many have been ordered? I asked Xin (as you probably saw) what the production/order numbers were like and all he said was that they COULD make 5-10 a day...

Mar 22, 2005 at 4:20 PM Post #287 of 314
I hope he could make that many especially when a new model's coming out with many changes. He said he has an assistant but the important parts have to be taken care of by himself. Just checked out the following message from Xin's:

"Few things worthy of noting:

1) 4-layer boards take a week to arrive. This week we'll ship out about 20, more next week.

2) The included AC adapter is chosen because: it has the right plug; it has 220/110V switch; it performs well enough; it is small and light enough for shipping (especially overseas). However, you may hear slight hum if (and only if) batteries are being charged. You may try a better AC adapter if you do want to charge batteries while listening. Make sure the AC adpter's plug has no metal contact with the case and its actual voltage does not excede 15V.

3) Even if no batteries inside, you still must put on the back cover, or the circuit boards will move when you plug in DC plug.

4) Put the amp level when you insert batteries. Put in the 4 of the bottom layer first, then the upper layer. If you have difficulty inserting the last one, shake all the others out a little bit and then put them all back together. It is somewhat tricky the first time, but becomes very easy afterwards."

Mar 23, 2005 at 1:50 AM Post #288 of 314
Mine shipped today
smily_headphones1.gif
got a tracking number (can't be found by USPS yet though, not surprising).

Anyway, I'll let you guys know how it is tomorrow!
etysmile.gif

Mar 23, 2005 at 2:42 AM Post #289 of 314
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwin022
Mine shipped today
smily_headphones1.gif
got a tracking number (can't be found by USPS yet though, not surprising).

Anyway, I'll let you guys know how it is tomorrow!
etysmile.gif

How long ago did you order it? And congrats on your new amp being sent out!

Mar 23, 2005 at 4:03 AM Post #290 of 314
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
How long ago did you order it? And congrats on your new amp being sent out!

March 7th. I ordered it right before/after v2 was announced (I was going to order it that week anyway). I decided to hold out for this "final" version

Mar 23, 2005 at 5:30 AM Post #292 of 314
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuck57
Congrats Darwin....I ordered mine on March 5th, hopefully mine will be shipped soon! I'm getting anxious!

Hopefully, I'd guess he id doing them in the order the orders were placed...

Being in the frozen northland known as "Canadia", he probably had to ship it differently (non express mail).

(PS: just poking some fun at Canada
600smile.gif

Mar 23, 2005 at 11:05 AM Post #293 of 314
Yeah, I think they switch over to a dog sled at the border, I hope those puppies run fast and get me my SuperMacro!
smily_headphones1.gif

I've also got lots of batteries ready, cause my Igloo isn't wired with AC!

In all seriousness, please post your initial impressions of it.....

Mar 23, 2005 at 11:25 AM Post #294 of 314
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuck57
Yeah, I think they switch over to a dog sled at the border, I hope those puppies run fast and get me my SuperMacro!
smily_headphones1.gif

I've also got lots of batteries ready, cause my Igloo isn't wired with AC!

In all seriousness, please post your initial impressions of it.....

oh, I will
smily_headphones1.gif
I wouldn't worry too much. However, Don't batteries freeze? Better put those ear muffs on
600smile.gif

Mar 23, 2005 at 4:15 PM Post #295 of 314
Irony = I realized I left my good homemade interconnect at work. SM should get here today... I was going to make another one for it anyway, so I figured I would before it gets here...

...Can't find my solder...

oh well, Rat Shack cable it is
frown.gif

edit: well, USPS came and went. No amp. hopefully it'll get here tomorrow
frown.gif

Mar 24, 2005 at 6:56 PM Post #296 of 314
woohoo, 3 posts in a row. Anyway, my quick impressions of the SuperMacro3.

...it's smaller than I was expecting
smily_headphones1.gif
(which is pretty damn nice)

so far, it's great. I've been testing some of the different opamps, so far I've tested the stock NE5534AP, OPA227 (in now), OPA627. I personally like the 627 and 227 most so far. Probably because of my choices of music (techno, trance, rock). The 627 are amazingly transparent.

Bass boost is staying on, been playing with crossfeed (sometimes on, sometimes not). Gain stays OFF for the er4-p but has to be ON for my Senn HD600s. So far I have also been keeping the impedance off for both the ety er4-p and of course for the senns.

I'm probably going to keep the 227s or 627s in for now for burn-in. I probably wasn't a fan of the NE5534's because the amp was right out of the box. keeps sounding better though. Xin threw in a pair each of: OPA134PA, SA5534AP, OPA227. I already had sets of OPA627AP,BP; OPA637BP; OPA604AP.

Sorry for the hurried, random 5 minute review, more as I go
smily_headphones1.gif
. Thanks Xin!

Mar 24, 2005 at 7:40 PM Post #298 of 314
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobeau
Maybe it's time to start a new thread to post impressions as the units roll in?

yeah, good call. I'll start one with my current findings
600smile.gif

Mar 27, 2005 at 12:18 AM Post #299 of 314
Does anyone know why Xin decided to go with a topology closer to his V2 amplifier instead of the V3 as planned? What's the difference in the final version and the V2 he had previously planned on releasing?

Mar 27, 2005 at 12:48 AM Post #300 of 314
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moxwell
Does anyone know why Xin decided to go with a topology closer to his V2 amplifier instead of the V3 as planned? What's the difference in the final version and the V2 he had previously planned on releasing?

Ancient Chinese secret. No seriously, don't not why he pulled it. Still waiting on my V3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back