SuperMacro-3 is available with promotion (2XBUF634 for free)
Mar 28, 2005 at 6:05 PM Post #301 of 314
Anyone else get their confirmation today?
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2005 at 6:12 PM Post #302 of 314
No, actually I emailed Xin today because I sent him payment 12 days ago and have not heard from him. I'm sure Xin will respond quickly to my email though. He always does.
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2005 at 6:38 PM Post #303 of 314
Erikzen,

I just got my USPS delivery confirmation number today (he's shipping USPS Priority for orders within CA). The auto-generated e-mail from USPS indicated mine is to be shipped out today. FYI for yourself and others, I ordered mine within the first few days of March. I think he's been trying to whittle away at the backlog of orders that has built up during the month of development where he wasn't shipping anything out. Seems like he's making some progress, but we'll have to just sit tight for now.
600smile.gif

Some posters on his board at fixup.net has been talking about order and ship dates. He's replied to the thread a couple of times regarding shipping here:

http://www.fixup.net/talk/topic.asp?...8&whichpage=10

Hope this info helps!

EDIT: I really dig your John Adams quote -- nice!
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2005 at 7:00 PM Post #304 of 314
Thanks for the link, spektrograf. It's nice to see things are progressing. I should have checked Xin's site before emailing him, but actually I had another question to ask him so it's alright.

I noticed he's shipping invoice number 36312357 and lower this week. I'm wondering how many amps Xin is selling because my invoice number is 36327382. He couldn't possibly have had over 15,000 transactions in a week and a half, could he?
eek.gif

Mar 28, 2005 at 7:02 PM Post #305 of 314
I don't think anyone will complain about the bass on the V3. It is deep and well defined without being overblown. Depth within the soundfield is excellent as is the width. There is also an improvement in transparency and dynamics.

One note, be prepared for longer breakin. I have noticed that the V1 and 2 sounded pretty good right off but the V3 takes at least 100+ hours to start to shine. Oh, it sounds good all along but you will notice a nice improvement around 150 hours with everything opening up, detail improving and imaging taking a real step forward.

This amp is very fast, in other words, there isn't the often found frequency smearing that can make an amp of any make or variety, sound slow.

The opamp used so far is the 627.

John

Mar 28, 2005 at 7:38 PM Post #306 of 314
Can't wait
biggrin.gif
John, what OPs you are using and how do you find the NE5534's working in V3?

Mar 28, 2005 at 11:28 PM Post #307 of 314
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
I noticed he's shipping invoice number 36312357 and lower this week.

I have not heard via e-mail about mine shipping, but I am the holder of order # 36312357, so I am hopeful that it will be here tomorrow. I will also get my custom ear molds for my etys tomorrow. portable audio bonanza tomorrow!

rob

Mar 28, 2005 at 11:42 PM Post #308 of 314
There's no assuming that he's shipping the units in order number sequence.
He might be assembling/shipping in batches based on order configuration (that's certainly how I would do it).

But we're only guessing... and that's a bit of fun too.

Mar 28, 2005 at 11:56 PM Post #309 of 314
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8
I don't think anyone will compalin about the bass on the V3. It is deep and well defined without being overblown. Depth within the soundfield is excellent as is the width. There is also an improvement in transparency and dynamics.

One note, be prepared for longer breakin. I have noticed that the V1 and 2 sounded pretty good right off but the V3 takes at least 100+ hours to start to shine. Oh, it sounds good all along but you will notice a nice improvement around 150 hours with everything opening up, detail improving and imaging taking a real step forward.

This amp is very fast, in other words, there isn't the often found frequency smearing that can make an amp of any make or variety, sound slow.

John

John, I see in your Sig. that you have an SR-71 too. Any chance of a comparison between the SR-71 and the SM v3 to see how they stack up against each other?

Mar 29, 2005 at 12:28 AM Post #310 of 314
I have the next couple of days off and will do some intense comparisons in short order.

John

Mar 29, 2005 at 9:05 AM Post #311 of 314
my SM is sounding better as time goes on, but I think it's hit a plateau for now, got it when, last thursday, I've had it plugged in most of the time, listened quite a bit but nowhere near 150 hours so far.

Mar 29, 2005 at 9:11 PM Post #312 of 314
Quote:

Originally Posted by robk
I have not heard via e-mail about mine shipping, but I am the holder of order # 36312357, so I am hopeful that it will be here tomorrow. I will also get my custom ear molds for my etys tomorrow. portable audio bonanza tomorrow!

rob

Well, the mailman has come and gone, and there was no package for me. Got the new earmolds for the etys today, and they're great, was really hoping to plug them into the SM3 though.

rob

Apr 2, 2005 at 10:58 PM Post #313 of 314
Sorry if this has been answered already but I have to ask. Does anybody
know for sure if when upgrading SM from v1.0 to v3.0, and ordering the
"Replacements (these are included by default)" Parts to build a second
Xin SuperMacro Amp ...

With the Enclosures Parts, do the front and back plates come with the enclosure order?

If this has been answered here or on Fixup, please provide link.

Thanks!

Apr 2, 2005 at 11:37 PM Post #314 of 314
Front and back plates come with the enclosure order (that's why you have to specify if it's for the switches version)

The volume control knob, battery contacts, case screws and spacer rods are all you need to add to create an entirely new unit with upgrade boards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back