Superlux has New Headphones: HD662MKII & HD681MKII
Jan 25, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #61 of 149
Jan 25, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #63 of 149
Quote:
Yep - three years and still going strong. That being said, I've pretty much only used them at my desktop so they haven't really been exposed to any major wear and tear. Only used them as portables a few times when I was travelling over longer distances.

Mine broke because of user error.

Anyway, goodbye Superlux and thank you for introducing me into the audiophile world, but I have DT770's now and I don't need you anymore.

Jan 27, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #64 of 149
Mine broke because of user error.

Anyway, goodbye Superlux and thank you for introducing me into the audiophile world, but I have DT770's now and I don't need you anymore.

They are certainly good for budget introducing into the "audiophile world", I myself can't wait to save up more money and buy a more expansive pair headphones, but until then I'm happy with my curreny setup :). But what do you mean by "user error" :p?

Jan 27, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #65 of 149
Quote:
They are certainly good for budget introducing into the "audiophile world", I myself can't wait to save up more money and buy a more expansive pair headphones, but until then I'm happy with my curreny setup
smily_headphones1.gif
. But what do you mean by "user error"
tongue.gif
?

I was trying to mod them and broke some of the internal wires after I opened them because I was too rough.

The plastic on the headband was also starting to crack after I bent it to help relieve the clamp.

Feb 1, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #66 of 149
Quote:
Yep - three years and still going strong. That being said, I've pretty much only used them at my desktop so they haven't really been exposed to any major wear and tear. Only used them as portables a few times when I was travelling over longer distances.

The Superlux 681 in you avatar has 3 years? they looks amazing, like a AKG headphones...

i don't know yet if to buy the Beyerdynamic DT 235, CAL! or these Superlux...

Feb 17, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #72 of 149
Hey everyone,  the US market & Audiohipster will have the HD-681 EVO the first week in march, still trying to find out when we can expect the HD-662 EVO, if distributors only bring over the semi open only, they are missing half the market. Drummers & studio owners etc. need the closed cans, also Audiohipster will be getting the HD-385 ear buds... has anywho tried these?   Our asst engineers 662F top vinyl band is cracking,  i told him i have an extra strap, but thought it would be cooler to cut some out of real leather, they are easy to replace, the plastic phillips screw inside the buttons for easy replacement. hey visit us for recording samples ...for all you music lovers we have been recording some vintage vibe in he studio ...Clark King, Yonrico Scott, Michael Reese. and getting ready to track Ginou Oriol, she will be a headliner this year at the Atlanta Jazz festival in may.    Cheers Doyen at Audiohipster 

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #73 of 149
Hey everyone,  the US market & Audiohipster will have the HD-681 EVO the first week in march, still trying to find out when we can expect the HD-662 EVO, if distributors only bring over the semi open only, they are missing half the market. Drummers & studio owners etc. need the closed cans, also Audiohipster will be getting the HD-385 ear buds... has anywho tried these?   Our asst engineers 662F top vinyl band is cracking,  i told him i have an extra strap, but thought it would be cooler to cut some out of real leather, they are easy to replace, the plastic phillips screw inside the buttons for easy replacement. hey visit us for recording samples ...for all you music lovers we have been recording some vintage vibe in he studio ...Clark King, Yonrico Scott, Michael Reese. and getting ready to track Ginou Oriol, she will be a headliner this year at the Atlanta Jazz festival in may.    Cheers Doyen at Audiohipster 

Any idea on price?

Mar 3, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #74 of 149
So, are they out yet? I'm keen on trying some Suplerluxes, but I'm holding off till these EVOs - they look great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back