Superlux has New Headphones: HD662MKII & HD681MKII
Oct 20, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #16 of 149
This is totally awesome!!! The old 681 sound extremely good for its price especially bass section. The new HD681 MKII look beautiful, i hope it has the sound signature of the old HD681 but everything is improve 
basshead.gif

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #17 of 149
Quote:
This is totally awesome!!! The old 681 sound extremely good for its price especially bass section. The new HD681 MKII look beautiful, i hope it has the sound signature of the old HD681 but everything is improve 
basshead.gif

I think the weak point of the 681 was the tinny sound and thin mids. If these turn out to be something like a 668b and a 681 hybrid these will truely be giant killers.

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #18 of 149
Quote:
I think the weak point of the 681 was the tinny sound and thin mids. If these turn out to be something like a 668b and a 681 hybrid these will truely be giant killers.

In fact, i have own more than 3 set of HD681 and all of them have much better mid than 668B: smoother, fuller and more foward (still recessed). HD668B's mid is too thin and cold, there's no emotion when you listen to vocal. I enjoy HD681 much more than HD668B, the only advantage of the HD668B over the HD681 is the bigger soundstage and better detail. All of my friend who heard both also agree with the statement above.
P/s:Keep in mind that i filter mod my HD681 so the treble is no longer too bright.

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #19 of 149
Quote:

In fact, i have own more than 3 set of HD681 and all of them have much better mid than 668B: smoother, fuller and more foward (still recessed). HD668B's mid is too thin and cold, there's no emotion when you listen to vocal. I enjoy HD681 much more than HD668B, the only advantage of the HD668B over the HD681 is the bigger soundstage and better detail. All of my friend who heard both also agree with the statement above.
P/s:Keep in mind that i filter mod my HD681 so the treble is no longer too bright.

I read that the 668b has fuller mids with a warm tilt but the 681 has thinner yet more 'in your face' mids.

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #20 of 149
holy crap. they look sexy in these models.
can't wait till they get produced in real life.
superlux 668b was my opening to the audiophile world.

hopefully in comparison to the 668b, there's less treble and more subbbass.

Oct 20, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #22 of 149
Quote:

If you can do filter mod. the HD681 will be all what you need: nice extend treble without harshing and rumble sub bass that no open headphone can touch until you go up to DT990.

Oct 20, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #24 of 149
Quote:

The 681 was my opening. But I broked' them because I am a fail-modder xD. I replaced them with a Panasonic RP HTF600-S which are also excellent phones but with a completely different sound signature. I miss he detail and clarity of the lux's.

Sort of related: I am a huge freaking idiot for something I just noticed.

Superlux = Super Lux = Super Luxury. Am I that dumb?

Oct 20, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #27 of 149
I was planning to buy a pair of HD681s.. looks like I'll wait for these.
biggrin.gif

Oct 20, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #28 of 149
Quote:
The 681 was my opening. But I broked' them because I am a fail-modder xD. I replaced them with a Panasonic RP HTF600-S which are also excellent phones but with a completely different sound signature. I miss he detail and clarity of the lux's.

Sort of related: I am a huge freaking idiot for something I just noticed.

Superlux = Super Lux = Super Luxury. Am I that dumb?

lol. I don't want to attempt to mod any headphone unless I'm willing to risk losing it. I'm bad at those kinds of things.
And.
I have the pannies too and also wish they had more detail and clarity. I am pleased with the overall presentation though.

Oct 20, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #29 of 149
Quote:

lol. I don't want to attempt to mod any headphone unless I'm willing to risk losing it. I'm bad at those kinds of things.
And.
I have the pannies too and also wish they had more detail and clarity. I am pleased with the overall presentation though.

They have decent detail and clarity (not lacking) but compared to the Superlux its terrible.

If I was going to get the 668b I would put the mesh with the vents from the 681 on to the 668b because it may help the sub bass which makes the 681 special

Users who are viewing this thread

Back