Superlux has New Headphones: HD662MKII & HD681MKII
Dec 1, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #46 of 149
Really happy to see they have picked the HD662 to do the EVO redesign, just amazing headphone, one of my favorites...  BTW checked with the Distributor, and these our on order, no word when they will arrive yet... they say:  HD681 EVO delivers a smoother and more neutral treble tone, meeting the expectations of both professionals and music lovers for a high quality monitoring headphone, who are they anyway?  

HD662EVO
Professional Monitor Headphones
[size=11px !important]The highly successful HD662 delivers a deep, rich bass, and is well-balanced in high, mid and low frequencies. Its high resolution and natural sound has provided an extremely high value in monitoring headphones. Now the HD662 has been updated to its second generation, the HD662 EVO. Inheriting the sound profile of its predecessor while optimizing its appearance, the HD662 EVO meets the expectations of both professionals and music lovers for a high quality monitoring headphone.[/size]
[size=11px !important] [/size]
[size=11px !important]Man want to try these...  e'm mom & pop or amazon ... going green don't really hurt... or does it?    Cheers Doyen [/size]

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #48 of 149
So are they about to get out yet? I love the new look, but i'm about to order some 668b's later today. Is this the right decision for me or should i have waited for these ones instead? BTW how do 662 and 681 stack up against 668b, does anyone know?

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #53 of 149
Quote:
Yeah but is it accurate? So you mean 668 is mild? Have you tried both of them?

The 668B should be less aggressive than the 681 (the treble is less of an issue on the 668Bs), but still the headphone is somewhat tiring to listen to for an extensive amount of time, could be remedied by toning down the treble slightly, but I'm not really having an issue with it so I'm not doing that. They're a neutral headphone if that's what you're asking. If you're thinking about the sound stage and how "accurate" they're in games, I'd say they're good and you can easily use them for footstep simulators.

Jan 15, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #54 of 149
I'm not sure how you mean aggresive. I only understand that 681 plays more on the treble, meaning hitting the higher notes. The review gives slightly bigger praise on 681 on measurement and overall loudness, so could they be better even though they're cheaper?

I was recommended the 668b, as i was asking around for multichannel headsets for gaming and movies. Is it a better choice than 681 or 662, or have i made a mistake?

Jan 15, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #55 of 149
Quote:
I'm not sure how you mean aggresive. I only understand that 681 plays more on the treble, meaning hitting the higher notes. The review gives slightly bigger praise on 681 on measurement and overall loudness, so could they be better even though they're cheaper?

I was recommended the 668b, as i was asking around for multichannel headsets for gaming and movies. Is it a better choice than 681 or 662, or have i made a mistake?

When I wrote aggressive it's the treble I'm thinking about.

The 681 should be so similar to the 668B, that the 681 simply offer better bang for the buck, can't see them performing that much differently, just apply so eq to the 681 dampen the treble slightly and you've just saved about 10$ (or your regional equivalent) and picked up a really good headphone (eq if you find the treble to be an issue, I'm not sure how prevalent it is). But I have to recommend that you buy a pair of velourpads for the headphones, I myself was not a fan of the original pads.

So unless you're a professional gamer, I really can't see you going wrong with the 681, the 668Bs might be a tiny bit better for gaming but I doubt that it will be that much of a difference. But I haven't made a comparision myself and can't say 100% for certain.

Jan 15, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #56 of 149
Ok thanx for clarifying that! BTW Everybody keeps recommending the velour pads, but at 17 euros it costs like 60% the value of the headphones. Since i wanted something budget, i found it too much for me and decided not to order them...

Also has anybody got any experience with 662?

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #58 of 149
Quote:
Ok thanx for clarifying that! BTW Everybody keeps recommending the velour pads, but at 17 euros it costs like 60% the value of the headphones. Since i wanted something budget, i found it too much for me and decided not to order them...

Also has anybody got any experience with 662?

Hehe, the velourpads are good, really good :wink:. They just makes the headphones more comfortable, I didn't find them to affect the sound to any larger extent (used the original for 10 minutes until I changed so don't take my word for it). If one wants good audio on a tight budget, it's definately possible, and recommendable, to skip the velourpads. Twice the price for a tiny increase in sound quality... I'd call that a bad deal considering only the audio. A sockmod or anything similar could be an option if you find them to be uncomfortable.

Jan 16, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #59 of 149
Definitely looking forward to trying out the HD681 MKII's. Been using my beloved HD681 for almost three years now and I still adore them. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back