Superlux Express Train
Sep 23, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #436 of 1,352
Quote:
the 662B is hyped in the 100 HZ area... and the 10K area ... and leaves the middle short "n narrow... good for that thump and sizzle ... but not fur mixing.. or telling the true story... (unless all your **** was so boomy you needed this) the 662F seems mid boosting at first ... but it free'kin likes the *****cat story...  the no hype flat EQ makes it great for loud tracking...  and the HD-681 (the best bang in town for the buck) is really cool for setting up mixes, the low sub tones and the unreal highs... translates to tight low end and subdued highs... it gets your mix on the right path.  at least for me... but hell my 4000 HZ is doing the hillbilly whack... and maybe all the Marshall s we cranked to 11 in our teens ... but with good monitors...  can still tell whats going on... when it sounds good ... you know it, or your listing on the wrong speakers.    Cheers Doyen 

so which superlux would be best for rock/pop and gaming

also, beer for everyone

Sep 24, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #443 of 1,352
HI there... i am not Affiliated with this URL at ALL.  Steve is a good friend... and has mod'd our studio cans, thats all there is to it. Steve may not have much time to mod... unless you are lucky enough to get him too do so.  RothAkoustic URL removed.  

I am a Engineer owner at AudioHipster...  and it is a worldwide known fact that we not only record world known musicians but also sell products on a small mom and pop level (to the world, no country excluded) to keep the doors open and analog tape rolling.  Many people on this post promote store URL s and many ask where they can find a certain models... i was simply telling truth, and we do have most these Superslut models... and do not hide what we do or who we are.  we are a recording studio and when we get a new headphone model, to use or sell,  we have personally sent them to... two remarkable speaker designers in the US... one has designed the Sason speaker IMA one of best 2 way speakers on the planet, the other is in the process of designing ear pads, and ear monitors for metal. etc... So as an engineer and user of said products... i feel Audiohipster have a wealth of information...   if there is a problem with this fact, and me posting...  please let me know.   Cheers Doyen AudioHipster Recording Studio

PS not sure on the best for metal ... but will ask Adnan, he designs products for this genre, and his biggest complaint is not too many headphones do this music justice, normally a good classical music headphone works good.  we sent him a Recording Tools headphone, we were thinking about selling (can you say that?)  and he ripped the 50mm drivers out and stuck in a pair of Superlux drivers.  

i think the 660 works well with lots of music, and the HD-662 to me would seem like a good closed can for this type of music.  but the Roth HD-681 would be my first choice... the 681 is very good for classical.  in it's raw state. 

Sep 29, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #448 of 1,352
Yeah, mids are very important, at lest for the metal that I listen to. The harsh vocals, and guitars are in the mids. But the bass and treble are also very important. I guess that I just need to try out a lot of different sounding cans and see what I like the best, though so far, flat sounding seems to be my preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back