Superlux cans and Superlux HP amps
Mar 23, 2011 at 6:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ACDOAN

1000+ Head-Fier
I have read a few reviews of the 668b but nothing about their HP amps. Thanks to this forum that now I am a proud owner of the JVC HAR 700/900, Fostex 20 RP Mk II.

Analytical, somewhat bright, not fun are some SQ I like. If the Superlux 668b can be as good as my Senn HD 280 or better, I need a acquire a couple of them just for experiment.

I do not mind budget cans that have potential so Superlux HPs owners, sell me your hypes
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #2 of 4
The Superlux are very good headphones for the price.
Their sound it's very good, i have the Sennheiser HD555 and its my secondary Headphone since i have the Superlux (it's hard to admit that when i paid for it less the half price of Sennheiser's).
Superluxes have better bass (a little punchy and deep), very neutral and analitic on sound details, highs as good as Sennheiser's, and the middles sounds a bit distant, the soundstage it's not as good as the Sennheiser's on my opinion, but its compensate with high detailed sound. And Superlux isolates very well to be semiopen cans. 
After 150h burnig it sound gets better, bass gets deeper and more nautural, highs not soo brights and the middles improve their pressence getting more close.
The only cons i found it's the stock pads are very very crappy, and it's very convenient to change for and original AKG's pads, when you change it gets very confortable and soundstage gets a little better.
If you buy the Superlux you won't be dissapointed.

Mar 29, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #3 of 4
I have read a few reviews of the 668b but nothing about their HP amps. Thanks to this forum that now I am a proud owner of the JVC HAR 700/900, Fostex 20 RP Mk II.

Analytical, somewhat bright, not fun are some SQ I like. If the Superlux 668b can be as good as my Senn HD 280 or better, I need a acquire a couple of them just for experiment.

I do not mind budget cans that have potential so Superlux HPs owners, sell me your hypes
biggrin.gif

The Superluxes sound like they will fit your bill perfectly. I have the Samson SR850 which are mildly lower impedance and apparently have a teensy bit more bass, but otherwise are essentially the same. I am a proud owner of the venerable RX700 as well, but my Samsons are a league above them and are quite simply better, unless you prefer the more bass heavy, laid back signature or the RX700s(which given your description, you probably wouldn't). My samsons retain most if not all of the bass authority of the RX700s, with more tightness and texture, while being a whole lot brighter, analytical and transparent. The 668B should be similar, if not feature those qualities even more.

I know very little about amps though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back