:sunrise: Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 18, 2015, Doubletree San Francisco Airport
Apr 9, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #48 of 441
I will be there! No gear (Other than my travel rig)

Apr 9, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #49 of 441
  I'll be there.  Need half a table or so.

What to share a table?  Bring your kgsshv and I'll bring my SR-009. It'll be interesting to hear how the STAX rig compares to my modded HE-6 setup.

Apr 10, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #50 of 441
  I'll be there.  Need half a table or so.

I found the Luxardos that I owe you.  
wink.gif

Apr 11, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #52 of 441
  Sounds good Jazzfan.  Cee-tee I'll be sure to bring other ingredients for those cherries haha.  Looking forward to it.

Great!  Let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to bring.  Looking forward to seeing you and everyone else at the meet.

Apr 11, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #53 of 441
@third_eye

Would you happen to know if free Wi-Fi access will be available to attendees?  I'm hoping to use my iPhone as a source to stream my demo music playlist via Tidal.

I've found the Tidal CD quality streaming service to be wonderfully convenient. I'm no longer concerned whatsoever with having to bring my music on physical media (ie. thumb drives, CDs, hard drives, etc.), and with most using a laptop as a source, the problem of not having familiar music for auditioning equipment at meets is essentially eliminated.

If anyone would like to receive a copy of my demo playlist, send me a PM and I'll share a link. Tidal users will have full access to all tracks in the playlist (Note: if you don't have an Tidal account, you will only see the first 50 songs of the playlist and you can only listen to the first 30 seconds of each track).

Apr 11, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #54 of 441
  @third_eye

Would you happen to know if free Wi-Fi access will be available to attendees?  I'm hoping to use my iPhone as a source to stream my demo music playlist via Tidal.

I've found the Tidal CD quality streaming service to be wonderfully convenient. I'm no longer concerned whatsoever with having to bring my music on physical media (ie. thumb drives, CDs, hard drives, etc.), and with most using a laptop as a source, the problem of not having familiar music for auditioning equipment at meets is essentially eliminated.

If anyone would like to receive a copy of my demo playlist, send me a PM and I'll share a link. Tidal users will have full access to all tracks in the playlist (Note: if you don't have an Tidal account, you will only see the first 50 songs of the playlist and you can only listen to the first 30 seconds of each track).

@jazzfan I'm pretty sure you can download the playlist as offline content in CD quality if your phone has room.  I did that for a few albums for a very recent plane trip, and it worked well.  Tidal subscription service, iPhone 5s.  I'll PM for the link, I generally like your taste in music.

Apr 11, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #56 of 441

@jazzfan I'm pretty sure you can download the playlist as offline content in CD quality if your phone has room.  I did that for a few albums for a very recent plane trip, and it worked well.  Tidal subscription service, iPhone 5s.  I'll PM for the link, I generally like your taste in music.

Yes, you're absolutely right. I could download to my phone.  But, as you also noted, storage in my case is a constraint which is why I prefer streaming via free WiFi.

I'll send you a link shortly.

Apr 11, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #57 of 441
Yes, you're absolutely right. I could download to my phone.  But, as you also noted, storage in my case is a constraint which is why I prefer streaming via free WiFi.

I'll send you a link shortly.

Understood regarding storage. I generally buy phones with a bit of storage, as I use them for photos and music. I'm slowly breaking the habit as streaming and cloud services get better.

Apr 14, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #60 of 441
  @third_eye

At the moment there is no plan for general free Wi-Fi, although you may very well be able to stream Tidal from a 4G connection.
  Looks like I can make this one. Sign me up for a table. Will be bring a Stax based system. Exact line-up to be determined.

Awesome, got you down!
  Planning on coming, not sure what gear I'm bringing just yet.

Also bringing my friend, @Egon Haystack so could you add him to the list too please.

Got you down!

I think I will have +1 along with myself

Added!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back