Sunglass-Fi?
Jul 24, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #121 of 414
I bought another Oakley Juliet. I suspect it's a 2009 version, it comes with a different style box, unlike the ones I bought last year. This Juliet has a tighter fit, and the lenses have very little or no distortion around the edges.

Jul 24, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #122 of 414
I remember in high school, back in the early 90s, everyone had Oakley. I wanted a pair so bad, but I was poor. But looking at these pictures, those Maui Jims look very nice, in fact I would consider purchasing a pair of Maui Jims over Oakleys. I just use the costco brand sunglasses for now.
atsmile.gif

Jul 24, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #124 of 414
Just bought a pair of black Versace 2040s a couple of weeks ago. Had them adjusted this week and am loving them so far. Very comfortable and I prefer gradient lenses when driving. I have a pair of polarized Spys for when I go fishing/hiking but wanted something nicer to wear everyday. I used to have a pair of Bvlgari 658s but they got lost thanks to a late Delta flight at SLC and me having to sprint to catch my connector.
angry_face.gif

Jul 26, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #125 of 414
Have you folks used steepandcheap.com? LOVE the site, bought a lot of stuff so far.

It's a clearing house for backcountry.com. They have amazing clearances on all sorts of sports gear, glasses included. I've bought a bunch, even for gifts. You can get Oakleys, Smiths, Dragons, etc for about 20 to 70% off. Yes, I've bought $$ glasses for $25 and given them as Xmas presents. Great site, including their sister sites.

Jul 26, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #128 of 414
Yeah, great site. Don't forget their other sites for the snow gear and bike stuff too. Not as good as steepandcheap but sometimes the other sites have great deals on Nixon watches.

Jul 26, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #129 of 414
man I got a pair of wonderful aviators from a local FCUK who was having a 75% sale, so I got them for $30! they rule. i haven't a picture but they are gold with rose tinted lenses.

FCU151.jpg

Jul 29, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #130 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[FLAME SUIT]not a big fan of Oakleys... 1. i don't like the lenses and 2. i think they're really ugly[/FLAME SUIT]

I avoided qaulity shades for the longest time for fear of loss and breakage. but now i've taken the plunge and would never go back. i've somehow gotten three pairs of quality shades in my possession at the same time:

a pair of Persol polarized:

get_image.php

for fun and city style, these Ray Bans:

rayban-rb-3267-aviator-sunglasses.jpg

and most recently, a really nice pair of Oliver Peoples Aero, with polarized green gradient lenses i had put in:

Aero(57)PhotochromicS1.jpg

almost ended up buying one of the 2 ray bans above..the 2nd one is stylish.

also wanted to buy the Rayban 3320..the one which Tony stark wears in iron man...but couldnt find them in singapore...and 3321 looked too shiny...very wannabe for college wear.

3321:
Ray%20Ban_-1363RB3321-041-13.jpg

3320 (couldnt find it in singapore):
Ray-Ban-3320-Robert-Downey-Jr.jpg

but anyway....i ended up buying Police S 8300 after lot of browsing around and trying out most ray bans
:
s8300-523-G.jpg

been pimpin up my style lately...as doin lot of partying n clubbing with hot college girls.

whats great about police is..that they are essentially classy but with an urban edge which makes the person wearing them look cool as well.

Aug 8, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #133 of 414
how many of you are into shades more for fashion than utility?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back