Sunglass-Fi?
Aug 9, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #136 of 414
I've been buying Oakley's for a couple of years now and I've had about ten pairs of sunglasses though I've lost a few. At the moment I've got a Radar Path in White Chrome/Blue Iridium, a Flak Jacket XLJ in Silver/Fire Iridium and a Juliet in X-Metal/Ruby Iridum. I've also got a Jawbone arriving next week, with a Polished Black Frame and a Positive Red Iridium Polarised lens and a Persimmon lens.

I love Oakley's!.

Aug 15, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #137 of 414
I bought sunglasses for driving.
smile.gif

Aug 23, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #146 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. Go to Steepandcheap.com and watch it like a hawk. They've been blowing out Costa Del Mar and Oakley like nobody's business in the 65%-75% range. Download the Firefox applet if you don't want to constantly check the site and it'll monitor it for you.

I don't mean to bash other people's choice in shades, but Oakleys do not have good lenses and a LOT of them aren't polarized. You will seriously destroy your eyes if you regularly look into the sun through non-polarized lenses. Don't spend any money on them unless you can get them cheap.

Steepandcheap fanatic here. I got these (Costa Del Mar Pumphouse) a few days ago for Boatwear. I"m on a Boat!

med_pp_30_Blue.jpg

On the the whole Oakley deal. Like above I don't mean to bash anyone else, but I've owned them and I am not a fan.

1. You're right, you have to search for a polarized pair. What up with that?
2. Marketing. What is unobtainium and plutonite. "Hey, I bought these Oakleys 'casue they have plutonium in the lenses and they're unobtainable." ....excuse me?
3. The 90's. Oakleys were a big part of a cheesy cult of personality in that decade. Along with a Camaro Z28, an arm full of tribal tattoos, puffy Everlast workout pants and a bottle of winstrol, a pair of Oakelys completed the cool-guy look. Oakley, for me, has never been able to recover from that stigma.

Aug 23, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #147 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Steepandcheap fanatic here. I got these (Costa Del Mar Pumphouse) a few days ago for Boatwear. I"m on a Boat!

med_pp_30_Blue.jpg

On the the whole Oakley deal. Like above I don't mean to bash anyone else, but I've owned them and I am not a fan.

1. You're right, you have to search for a polarized pair. What up with that?
2. Marketing. What is unobtainium and plutonite. "Hey, I bought these Oakleys 'casue they have plutonium in the lenses and they're unobtainable." ....excuse me?
3. The 90's. Oakleys were a big part of a cheesy cult of personality in that decade. Along with a Camaro Z28, an arm full of tribal tattoos, puffy Everlast workout pants and a bottle of winstrol, a pair of Oakelys completed the cool-guy look. Oakley, for me, has never been able to recover from that stigma.

I've had problems with both my metal Oakleys, and both of my plastic Oaks were creaky and sound cheap.

Aug 23, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #148 of 414
Well, I get headaches from my ESS ice glasses if I'm wearing them for a long time, and all the glasses I tried don't give me the comfort the Oakleys give.
and beside, they are made of polycarbonate so I can use them as shooting glasses for long sessions

Aug 23, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #149 of 414
glad to hear i'm not the only one with oakley asian fits =) custom polarized regular style asian fit flak jackets for me. in black and red! cost almost as much as my live wires.. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back