Sunglass-Fi?
Sep 13, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #181 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Left my shades (spike) in a friends car, he apparently wore them to his grandma's house and left them there. Which means I'll never see them again
frown.gif
I'm gonna try offering him cash to get them back cause I know that's the only way I have a hope of getting them back
frown.gif
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by woof37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would you have to bribe somebody to get back your own property?

Specially so if it is a "friend".
wink.gif

Sep 13, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #182 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Specially so if it is a "friend".
wink.gif

I thought you older types were already supposed to have the "all your friends will screw you in the end, you don't really know anyone, etc" epiphany
wink_face.gif

That's true, it does suck, but I've learned from similar experiences in the past that in situations like this it's nigh on impossible to recover your losses.

Sep 13, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #183 of 414
Quote:

I thought you older types were already supposed to have the "all your friends will screw you in the end, you don't really know anyone, etc" epiphany
wink_face.gif

That's true, it does suck, but I've learned from similar experiences in the past that in situations like this it's nigh on impossible to recover your losses.

Wow, you need a new friend, as well as more of a sense of what a "friend" really means.

Sep 14, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #184 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, you need a new friend, as well as more of a sense of what a "friend" really means.

+1

Sep 14, 2009 at 7:03 AM Post #185 of 414
Quote:

wink_face.gif

I think your friends just suck. Not that I'd be calling anyone a friend who stole from me.

Sep 17, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #187 of 414
Oakley half jackets, gascans. And a pair of raybans. Also have a ton of oakley jeans and some of their zip up hoodies.

Sep 17, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #189 of 414
Quote:

wink_face.gif

Huh? Dude, you need better friends. Go to some meets - you'll find them there.

I don't know if I qualify as "older" (I'm 37), but my friends have been hugely reliable over the years. Same with the family, for that matter. Maybe I've been lucky, but you can absolutely find a circle of guys who won't let you down. Girlfriends, and especially the ex-fianceé, are a different matter.
wink.gif
If I can find a reliable one (and accepting of audiophile fetishes, of course) I'd take her off to Vegas tomorrow.

The thread has derailed, hasn't it?

Anyhow, I finally got around to ordering another pair of shades yesterday. The previous pair was lost, possibly stolen. I'm not sure about that since they were prescription. But I needed them, so I visited goggles4u and got another pair of prescriptions for about $35.

For those of you who haven't ordered glasses online, I highly recommend it. I've picked up four or five pairs over the years and have been impressed with the quality and very low prices. You have to do your homework on sizes (best to measure your current glasses and cut out cardboard ones to check) and measure your PD, but if you get that right, you can get new pairs for $30-$50.

Next up, I'll order a pair of prescription safety goggles! I found a place that makes them for $40. They look ideal for mucking with the soldering iron, assorted power tools and popping off a few rounds at the range.

Sep 19, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #190 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Huh? Dude, you need better friends. Go to some meets - you'll find them there.

I don't know if I qualify as "older" (I'm 37), but my friends have been hugely reliable over the years. Same with the family, for that matter. Maybe I've been lucky, but you can absolutely find a circle of guys who won't let you down. Girlfriends, and especially the ex-fianceé, are a different matter.
wink.gif
If I can find a reliable one (and accepting of audiophile fetishes, of course) I'd take her off to Vegas tomorrow.

The thread has derailed, hasn't it?

Anyhow, I finally got around to ordering another pair of shades yesterday. The previous pair was lost, possibly stolen. I'm not sure about that since they were prescription. But I needed them, so I visited goggles4u and got another pair of prescriptions for about $35.

For those of you who haven't ordered glasses online, I highly recommend it. I've picked up four or five pairs over the years and have been impressed with the quality and very low prices. You have to do your homework on sizes (best to measure your current glasses and cut out cardboard ones to check) and measure your PD, but if you get that right, you can get new pairs for $30-$50.

Next up, I'll order a pair of prescription safety goggles! I found a place that makes them for $40. They look ideal for mucking with the soldering iron, assorted power tools and popping off a few rounds at the range.

And sites like steepandcheap.com are great for finding awesome discounts (~wholesale prices) on brand-name (Oakley, Smith etc) shades.

Sep 21, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #191 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
21ofl2caivlss500.jpg

i tried that one at a store last week..

sexy.

but oakleys are damn expensive in singapore.

Sep 22, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #193 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by LordofDoom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My brother picked up a pair of black-on-black polarized Oakley Felons yesterday for $69. I suggest to anyone looking for a steal on a nice pair of Oaks to check their local Nordstrom Rack
wink.gif

05-620.jpg

Helluva deal!

Oct 2, 2009 at 7:47 AM Post #195 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by Landis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now these are some sexy shades...

Oliver Peoples Benedict (Silver with Chrome Sapphire):

benedict_s_chsa.jpg

Holy ****, I just looked them up and they retail for $400...$320 on eBay. At least they look light compared to the Ray-Bans...I can't wear Ray-Bans because the metal is so heavy it slips down my nose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back