Sunglass-Fi?
Jan 13, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #196 of 414
mmm found treasure in the basement, B&L RB Wayfarer 2s in tortoise, dad's old wayfarers back from whenever...anyone have any clue when? BTW should I send these in to Rayban? one of the lenses are scratched, but if I send these to Rayban would I be getting it back with a B&L lens or w/e Luxottica uses.

img0552d.jpg

Jan 17, 2010 at 5:52 AM Post #198 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by gore.rubicon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mmm found treasure in the basement, B&L RB Wayfarer 2s in tortoise, dad's old wayfarers back from whenever...anyone have any clue when? BTW should I send these in to Rayban? one of the lenses are scratched, but if I send these to Rayban would I be getting it back with a B&L lens or w/e Luxottica uses.

img0552d.jpg

If you send them in, you'll get something from Luxottica. Give them a call and tell them you've got some B&L RBs and see what they say. When we tell customers (I'm an employee at Sunglass Hut) to call Luxottica they're usually fair about finding a fix, but I don't know what they can do for B&L-made glasses. At the very least, it's worth a phone call. The worst they can say is no.

To contribute to this thread, I have Oakley Gascan S (polarized), Arnette Rage, Oakley Flak Jacket (White frame, black earsocks, VR28 Black Iridium Polarized lenses), Oakley Half Jacket XLJs that I won, Ray Bans (I forget the model number, but they're one of the topframe models with a brown gradient lens), and a pair Revo Undercuts. Always have a long wishlist, though.

Jan 19, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #199 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by BABankert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you send them in, you'll get something from Luxottica. Give them a call and tell them you've got some B&L RBs and see what they say. When we tell customers (I'm an employee at Sunglass Hut) to call Luxottica they're usually fair about finding a fix, but I don't know what they can do for B&L-made glasses. At the very least, it's worth a phone call. The worst they can say is no.

To contribute to this thread, I have Oakley Gascan S (polarized), Arnette Rage, Oakley Flak Jacket (White frame, black earsocks, VR28 Black Iridium Polarized lenses), Oakley Half Jacket XLJs that I won, Ray Bans (I forget the model number, but they're one of the topframe models with a brown gradient lens), and a pair Revo Undercuts. Always have a long wishlist, though.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Feb 4, 2010 at 11:38 AM Post #201 of 414
I have a pair of classic Aviators, but with prescription lenses, probably not as good as the origials, but they still get their job done.

aviatorsunglasses.jpg

Feb 6, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #204 of 414
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember learning that polarized glass alone will always block out a certain percentage of light, so I don't think there's anything out there that will be clear and then turn polarized/dark.

Polarization doesn't necessarily allow less true light in, though that is the case in most lenses. Serengeti makes some glass lenses that are both photochromic and polarized, for example.

Feb 6, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #205 of 414
Heres my latest one. OAKLEY GASCAN DUCATI
biggrin.gif

4333453125_0a9617c9e0_o.jpg

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #209 of 414
I've got these sitting on my desk at home:

48052a84269d6.jpg

Oakley Felon

I wear an Rx, though, so I need to take them to an optical shop for new lenses.

EDIT:

And, of course, I wear these a ton:

145749.jpg

They're Randolph Ranger shooting glasses. They're ugly but they are built to suit a specific purpose so form is following function. They have interchangeable lenses for different lighting conditions. I have two sets of frames and three sets of lenses.

Feb 26, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #210 of 414
I havent read through this thread so I apologize. But I need some advice. Im looking for a pair of sunglasses for riding my motorcycle as well as general use, but I dont know anything about sunglasses, or what defines a good pair. I see Oakley's all the time and everyone says they are the best. But Im assuming Oakley is sort of like Bose. Overhyped, overmarketed, etc... Plus I like to be different. So what are some brands to look for that offer a quality product with lots of R&D and performance for the price? Or is it all in the lenses? Im not looking for fashionable ones, rather functional and durable as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back