suggestions?
Jul 13, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #77 of 123
OP, I'm really going to have to recommend the V-MODA M80's.  It's such a shame too since you just missed a great deal they had on Amazon where they went as low as $166 bucks.  However, they're definitely worth the $200 bucks if you want a new pair.

As for the sound, it has everything you're looking for in a headphone with clear highs/mids and a kickin' bass.  Very punchy with good extension.  Isolation is so-so but looks are second to none.  If you have a chance I would definitely try to audition them.  I know that they are showcased in certain Best Buys so give them a try.

Jul 14, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #78 of 123
ok..i feel confident enough to recommend u the Monster Ncredible on ear headphone...after a week of listening to it.
the bass is big tight without being blotchy..handled the big copland's fanfare for the common man quite well.
Eric clapton's Tears in Heaven....delightful
Fourplay's Eastbound, thumpping and emphatic.
Geri Haliwell's Calling...i can hear her calling my name. :p
this new monster is NO SLOUCH.

there were some poor remarks made on this can, i think i might know y.
when i position the cup too forward on my ear, the bass is muffied, and the vocals indistinct.
but i moved it back a centimetre or so, this can suddenly becomes very clear very punchy.

and of cos the metallic wheel spokes on these just masculine.
beerchug.gif

PS: i make these remarks off a macbook==>dacportLX==>Ncredible.

Jul 14, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #79 of 123
Quote:
OP, I'm really going to have to recommend the V-MODA M80's.  It's such a shame too since you just missed a great deal they had on Amazon where they went as low as $166 bucks.  However, they're definitely worth the $200 bucks if you want a new pair.

As for the sound, it has everything you're looking for in a headphone with clear highs/mids and a kickin' bass.  Very punchy with good extension.  Isolation is so-so but looks are second to none.  If you have a chance I would definitely try to audition them.  I know that they are showcased in certain Best Buys so give them a try.

i seriously cannot afford them though :frowning2:

Jul 14, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #81 of 123
Quote:
ok..i feel confident enough to recommend u the Monster Ncredible on ear headphone...after a week of listening to it.
the bass is big tight without being blotchy..handled the big copland's fanfare for the common man quite well.

when i position the cup too forward on my ear, the bass is muffied, and the vocals indistinct.
but i moved it back a centimetre or so, this can suddenly becomes very clear very punchy.

beerchug.gif

oh cool dose it have most of the things im looking for? i mean you own them so you probobly know, ill also do some research

Jul 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #82 of 123
this is an ON EAR headphone...so the clampforce has to be tighter to give a good seal...n isolation.
i got used to it after a week, should feel like your typical beats on ear cans..
just borrow one from your classmates n try it out.
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #83 of 123
Quote:

beerchug.gif

I'm actually interested in this can. Can you describe more about its sound, and how may it fare against the likes of the HD25?

Jul 15, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #84 of 123
Quote:
this is an ON EAR headphone...so the clampforce has to be tighter to give a good seal...n isolation.
i got used to it after a week, should feel like your typical beats on ear cans..
just borrow one from your classmates n try it out.
tongue_smile.gif

haha......yeah i dont know anyone that has headphones over like $20 and im in summer so no school haha
also i watched a review and he said they were horable....

Jul 15, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #87 of 123
Quote:
hey everyone, dont kill me for saying this but i really like the beats studio.... its on amazon for $139 what do you think?

Have you actually heard them?

Jul 15, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #88 of 123
Jul 15, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #90 of 123
Personally i dont really like beats.

my suggestions for iem:
1-shure se215, great seal,comfortable, but have long cable that super annoying
2-brainwavz m4, cheap, very nice song but not isolate well

for over/on ear headphone:
M50, seal well, very popular for under 150 price
if u have extra bucks, go for sennheiser hd25-ii, super good~

p/s, i'm also new in head fi, but did a lot of reading on comparisons and review buy head-fiers~

GL on ur purchase, anyway if u buy on amazon u can always return it if u dont like and get full refund~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back