suggestions?
Jul 10, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #46 of 123
Quote:
i think the uptown is a very captivating can for vocals..jazz...small groupbands...
i had a fantastic 3 hours just now in a coffeejoint in a mall..:p
( not fantastic for big orchestras...its not bad....the separation is not outrageously wow-ing. :p)
but its a hundred bucks..
beerchug.gif

yeah, just they dont really have the bass im looking for though.

Jul 10, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #48 of 123
Quote:
 Don't go with Fanny wangs. I hated them when I tried them, definitely not good for the money you would blow.

I'm also fairly young, at 15. And I know this isn't true for everyone at this age-range, but you're probably going to want something slightly stylish? Lot's of the suggestions you'll get on head-fi will be, put nicely, somewhat clunky or obtrusive. So, if you do wish to wear these at school/ in public without any chance of mockery, I would probably recommend the M80s. They look better than beats (and definitely sound better from my 30 second demo, and everything else I've heard about them), and you'll get amazing music without getting picked apart :wink: Hey, kids can be mean.

Yeah, i am looking for something that i wont be completly embarrased to wear anywhere becides in my house, and m80? those are by v-moda correct?

Jul 10, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #50 of 123
I really have a feeling you would like the M80s. Downright sexy in my opinion, with sound that can live up the looks. I would recommend discussing it with other people though.

-extra bass for the beat but not so much it makes everything sound deep- I'm not exactly sure what you mean by too deep, but the bass on these is fast, and powerful without being overpowering and muddy. Nice upperbass punch from what I've heard.

-even, clear highs and mids- This is coming from a guy with a 30 second, interrupted experience with these, but from what I've read, they seem to fit the part. Nice midrange.

-comfy- Fairly comfortable. Depends on length of use?

-stylish- Incredibly 

-I would really like a play/pause control too- Play/Pause control included! It's your lucky day.

-block out some noice for car rides- Not too sure... Checking on their website leads me to believe there's at least some level of noise isolation, BLISS technology apparently..

-oh, and not ear buds *etc- Not earbuds.

-will get pretty loud- Can stand high volumes.

-UNDER $150!!- Not under 150 :`( But worth the money. Super solid build, detachable cables, etc, etc.

Go for it buddy.

Jul 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #51 of 123
Go n give the beats Ncredible a spin....It's tight all-round enough for me to get one myself...hehe.

The downtown, errr ifind the headband a little girlie....like a folded handkerchief..

:wink:

Jul 10, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #52 of 123
Quote:
I really have a feeling you would like the M80s. Downright sexy in my opinion, with sound that can live up the looks. I would recommend discussing it with other people though.

-extra bass for the beat but not so much it makes everything sound deep- I'm not exactly sure what you mean by too deep, but the bass on these is fast, and powerful without being overpowering and muddy. Nice upperbass punch from what I've heard.

-even, clear highs and mids- This is coming from a guy with a 30 second, interrupted experience with these, but from what I've read, they seem to fit the part. Nice midrange.

-comfy- Fairly comfortable. Depends on length of use?

-stylish- Incredibly 

-I would really like a play/pause control too- Play/Pause control included! It's your lucky day.

-block out some noice for car rides- Not too sure... Checking on their website leads me to believe there's at least some level of noise isolation, BLISS technology apparently..

-oh, and not ear buds *etc- Not earbuds.

-will get pretty loud- Can stand high volumes.

-UNDER $150!!- Not under 150 :`( But worth the money. Super solid build, detachable cables, etc, etc.

Go for it buddy.

jee thanks for your great information! :) ill reseach into those, sounds like what i want haha

also somone also recemended the lp2, the the m80 still better than the bigger lp2?

Jul 10, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #54 of 123
Quote:
Do u have the aviators?

do not have it but demoed it before in stores, sound quality was not bad. fast powerful bass with clear mid, dont really remember the high that much. i remember it sounded pretty good for its price to my ears. and its fairly loud, you dont need an amp to boost the volume, an ipod is enough to drive it. it may or may not sound better with an amp, that i wouldnt know from demoing the headphone in a store for a few mins.

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #56 of 123
If it were me, I wouldn't go for the Aviators. I actually had a chance to demo a well broken-in pair for a fair amount of time. They get a lot of attention because they're not terrible, which is a shock for a pair of skull candies, but "not terrible" doesn't necessarily mean good. There's a lot better you can get for just a little bit more money.

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #57 of 123
Quote:
If it were me, I wouldn't go for the Aviators. I actually had a chance to demo a well broken-in pair for a fair amount of time. They get a lot of attention because they're not terrible, which is a shock for a pair of skull candies, but "not terrible" doesn't necessarily mean good. There's a lot better you can get for just a little bit more money.

well you can get a pair of beyer dt770/880/990 if you want to chip in a bit more money

Users who are viewing this thread

Back