Suggestions for portable amp for iphone 3G + super.fi 5
Feb 16, 2010 at 11:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ssppooff

New Head-Fier
Hey @ all
I have no idea what to look for in a portable amp and when you would need one. So I'm asking here and hope for a few good suggestions.

As the title says, I'm planning to get a pair of super.fi 5 (vi), the newer ones with a single driver, and will have as a source an iphone 3G. Now I'm wondering if it would make any sense to get a portable amp, and if so, which one. Or would it make more sense to invest the money into a better set of 'phones.
The price range should be around ~100$.
Also bear in mind that I live in Switzerland in terms of availability of a product.

Thank you very much
~ssppooff

Feb 16, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #2 of 8
try out a Fiio E1 for $20 you get some improvement and it remains very portable I got 1 and like it a lot. then use the left over money to upgrade your headphones and down the line you can look in to upgrading your amp

Feb 17, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by d3adeyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
try out a Fiio E1 for $20 you get some improvement and it remains very portable I got 1 and like it a lot. then use the left over money to upgrade your headphones and down the line you can look in to upgrading your amp

I've got the same thing arriving tomorrow for my iphone.

I bought one as much for the controls as for the amp. I'm tired of having to turn the screen on to stop the music or skip to the next song.

Feb 17, 2010 at 6:36 AM Post #4 of 8
My Fiio E5 should be here on Thursday, I've read good reviews on it - I'll post mine once its here.

Although, how "portable" do you want it? Because the Fiio's are real small and very portable. But there is also some bigger ones that fall under the "portable" category which could probably (I've never tried, can't speak on it) sound better and would fit your budget.

Feb 18, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #5 of 8
Thanks for the replies. Well I consider The Fiio E7 still as portable.
What about interference with ur iPhones? Don't u have to turn on airplane mode to with the Fiio?

~ssppooff

Feb 18, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #6 of 8
not sure but there has to be some one who has them and can chime in on it

Feb 20, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #8 of 8
Buy better IEMs like Sennhieser IE8, IE7, Klipsch custom 3, TF10Pro and E1 AMPs willbe better match.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back