Suggestions for amp for alessandra ms2, and um3x and sm3?
Jul 19, 2010 at 9:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lazerboyz

Head-Fier
Hi, im kinda new to this, so please guide me along. I need suggestions for alessandro ms2 headphones, um3x and sm3. Also, can portable amp be used to connect to my pc to my speakers? And is there a need for dac? Would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks loads =)

Jul 19, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #2 of 5
a portable amp can connect straight to your pc yes. 
you probably will want a DAC as it improves the sound from a pc more than an amp will
id look at a portable amp/dac 
or a portable amp & a dac for home 

whats your budget?& what types of music do you like

Jul 19, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #3 of 5
thanks for your quick reply. yeah, i'll probably be looking at dac/amp. Wondering how much it'll cost, and which one is suitable to my cans and iem. I've pretty new to upgrading my music and i've spend quite abit since then :s i listen to diversed genres, maybe with exception to classical and country.

Are you saying i can connect this dac/amp in between my pc and my speakers? :)

Jul 19, 2010 at 10:00 AM Post #4 of 5
forgot to mention speakers sorry :p 
im not entirely sure to be honest, since has headphone out, il leave this to someone who knows.

But portable usb/dacs for headphones range from nuforce icon at the lower end, to pico amp.dac at the top. Ibasso d2 boa or d4 mamba or the d10 cobra are popular. Best thing is to try some, or research yourself :p
use the search option for portable amp.dacs and you will find pages and pages of info, have a read,

Do you intend to use this device with an ipod aswell? 
or just with the computer, because if just computer id buy a nuforce udac and be done with it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back