Sub $100 cans, v6 still a solid choice?
Aug 9, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #16 of 19

Quote:
Sounds like the V6 to me. If your budget were only $35, the answer would be JVC HARX700. But with more money, I think the V6 are what you want. Bass, some fun coloration, clear but not dominating highs.

X2.

I liked my V6 more than the M50, that gets so praised. just beware of the fake V6s

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #17 of 19
I prefer my 7506 (pretty much the same as the V6) for quite a few things such as how well it's so forward with vocals, but I find the M50 to bit better in regards to music and overall.

That said, I'd recommend the OP go to a store and try auditioning them.  There should be a few electronic/music stores that should have the headphones you're looking at in question.

When I let a friend audition the Shure 440, Sony 7506 and the AT M50, he chose the 440.  Another set of friends both chose the M50 and yet another liked the 7506 better.

Bring your rig along and take a listen at the store and see which you prefer sonically.

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #18 of 19
Oh, the bass has thump. It doesn't have a great bass extension (or great treble extension either, but that's expected from Shure).

Quote:
I've thought about the 440s, but I remember reading that their bass could leaving me wanting some more thump. I still think they'd be nice in terms of their highs and mids, but the bass...

As for the zx700s, I want to be able to use these on the go if I need to, and they don't really fold up or anything. That's kind of a big concern of mine.

Aug 9, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #19 of 19
The price is what's holding me back from the m50s. If I'm at all satisfied with the v6s, then I'll keep them for a long while. I'd say that I won't buy more headphones, but I think we all know that is near impossible to do, yet so easy to think.

I like neutral sounding phones, and I think the bass/mids are what I'm looking for. I think I will probably just play with the SQ some to really find where I like them most.

I think the v6s are my choice. Unfortunately, I can't listen to any of these phones around here. Maybe I'll just have to open an audio shop so that I can play with headphones all of the time! (joke)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back