STUDIO I Evaluation!!!
Mar 12, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #301 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW - I will take 150% of the blame for the delay. They would have shipped with the headphone jack and input socket recessed to far in.

Many hours of discussion and finally the decision to change the socket was made. So blame me for trying to make the Studio a better product.

Your patients will be rewarded!!

Craig

Agreed, been working with Hisound like you have to solve the problem. after extensive testing, i agree that a permanent and flawless solution had to be made with the socket. I agreed and suggested a new socket as well, the recession simply doesn't work even with the adapter as it tends to cut out then you have people jamming in the adapter to make it work then you've got damaged sockets.

Mar 12, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #302 of 559
Quote:

BTW - I will take 150% of the blame for the delay. They would have shipped with the headphone jack and input socket recessed to far in.

Many hours of discussion and finally the decision to change the socket was made. So blame me for trying to make the Studio a better product.

Your patients will be rewarded!!

Craig

OK, Craig. I wasn't going to do it, but now that you've asked for it, here goes! I'm blaming you for the upcoming release of the Studio with as few flaws as you were able to work out with HSA to have it be released with. And having HSA fix the recessed jacks BEFORE release, instead of enabling us to complain in dozens to hundreds of posts about all of the mini plugs which would not fit, and then us NOT having to buy an upgraded model to get non-recessed jacks! Yes, I blame you for that, too!

Man, if you keep treating us in this manner to which other vendors have NOT made us accustomed, I may just have to buy MORE things from you than just the AMP3 and the Studio! There, you went and did it THIS time!

Congratulations on your successful release negotiations with HSA and thanks for working to bring us the Studio with fewer things for us to have to shake out!!!

We would have been waiting a LONG time for a FW release from HSA to make wide mini plugs fit into those recessed jacks.
wink.gif

Mar 13, 2010 at 7:06 AM Post #305 of 559
Recently there has been discussion on "who has what" Studio during the evaluation period. I do know that there are different versions of the Amp3 based on market regions. From what I understand, HSA has determined that musical tastes are regional and this might be the reason for possibly different studios.

This of course is only a guess.

Craig

Mar 15, 2010 at 12:30 PM Post #306 of 559
Quote:

Recently there has been discussion on "who has what" Studio during the evaluation period. I do know that there are different versions of the Amp3 based on market regions. From what I understand, HSA has determined that musical tastes are regional and this might be the reason for possibly different studios.

This of course is only a guess.

Craig

I guess I'm confused. With the Studio, will their choice of chip change

from region to region? Reading the evaluation link, I must admit I am

disheartened. Can someone shed some light on this please?

Mar 15, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #307 of 559
I was referring to the sound, not the chip. I can't speak for other countries and their chips, but from what I understand, it should be the same.

I have to worry about my region to be honest. With that said, it would be a difficult task to manage which chip goes where....

I am not looking into this "chip" issue.

Craig

Mar 15, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #308 of 559
I don't believe this "chip" complaint is a fair reason to complain about Hisound. Just cause they're not using a Top of the Line chip doesn't mean they aren't giving you the sound quality Top of the Line chips can give you. I think that other "sound quality" focused companies should be worried that a company is able to produce an on par product with less expensive material....

Mar 15, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #309 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't believe this "chip" complaint is a fair reason to complain about Hisound. Just cause they're not using a Top of the Line chip doesn't mean they aren't giving you the sound quality Top of the Line chips can give you. I think that other "sound quality" focused companies should be worried that a company is able to produce an on par product with less expensive material....

Sure they can use any chip, as long as it sounds good. However, when they claim "Class A", I want to know what "exact" chip is. Is it "A" or "D", or "hybrid (new, unclassified)"? There is no point hiding/masking the name of the chip, for sure someone will reveal it.

Mar 15, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #310 of 559
Quote:

I will take a harder look tomorrow since I really did not hear the hiss you are mentioning...
Craig

So, is there hiss or not?

I'm just the person waiting for Studio.
Not to see which chips are inside, neither to make justification for a price...
All I need is sound.
Up to date, this thread is about all but sound.
After 2+ month, and 20+ pages, there is no answers to basic simple questions:
- does the sample unit hiss or not;
- is the output power sufficient to drive high-resistance, low-sensitive phones;
- is the sound of Audiophile quality really.

To be honest, I wonder whether nonresponse to such fundamental questions testifies that there are no good answers maybe ...
frown.gif

Mar 16, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #311 of 559
I Have a evaluate sample of STUDIO.

I have contacted with Hisoundaudio on the chip. They confirm it is the Sigmatel 3770 chip. Further Hisoundaudio explained that they only use the chip as the data management. They select the most reliable chip. Hisoundaudio explained the decent sound quality is come from the decent overall circuit design, than not only come from a chip. Hisoundaudio further explain that if a chip can decide the sound quality of a DAP, then every company can make a hi end player.For every company can buy any chip in the market. Audio technology is an ancient tech, chip, or components and code , decode is public things, why there are so many DAPs with low fi sound quality?

To my ear, STUDIO is the best DAP compared with many "hottest" DAPs in term of sound quality, Don't ask me which one i have compared to, I don't want to effect the other brands here. But I can be responsible to say, STUDIO is my preference hi end DAP. if some one has different opinions on this judgement, please just tell us your evidences in detail comparing in term of sound quality. I don't like some one to use graph, roll off and other vague words to comments the sound quality of a DAP. I like this way, if say some passage is " roll off" than the compared model. please explain with which track at where.

I think Hisoundaudio is the most capable DAP maker who can use the same general chip as others to design the best sound quality player. say, we can buy more hi end ink and paint and other raw materials than PICASSO can, but we can only draw the ordinary painting.

As for hiss, Hisoundaudio will have two versions of STUDIO, to these audiophiles not using the most sensitive phones and want to use for full size phones, you can select the standard STUDIO. to these who want only for high sensitive IEMs, please select STUDIO-I. the stock IEMs ( 32ohm)has no hiss,maybe this is a bench mark for reference.

Hisoundaudio told me that they will ship the emended STUDIO to me soon for further testing. They say they have solved the earphone socket issue and card slot issue.

I hope after the last 2 months improvement, STUDIO will be a perfect player.

Mar 16, 2010 at 2:37 AM Post #313 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I Have a evaluate sample of STUDIO.

I have contacted with Hisoundaudio on the chip. They confirm it is the Sigmatel 3770 chip. Further Hisoundaudio explained that they only use the chip as the data management. They select the most reliable chip. Hisoundaudio explained the decent sound quality is come from the decent overall circuit design, than not only come from a chip. Hisoundaudio further explain that if a chip can decide the sound quality of a DAP, then every company can make a hi end player.For every company can buy any chip in the market. Audio technology is an ancient tech, chip, or components and code , decode is public things, why there are so many DAPs with low fi sound quality?

To my ear, STUDIO is the best DAP compared with many "hottest" DAPs in term of sound quality, Don't ask me which one i have compared to, I don't want to effect the other brands here. But I can be responsible to say, STUDIO is my preference hi end DAP. if some one has different opinions on this judgement, please just tell us your evidences in detail comparing in term of sound quality. I don't like some one to use graph, roll off and other vague words to comments the sound quality of a DAP. I like this way, if say some passage is " roll off" than the compared model. please explain with which track at where.

I think Hisoundaudio is the most capable DAP maker who can use the same general chip as others to design the best sound quality player. say, we can buy more hi end ink and paint and other raw materials than PICASSO can, but we can only draw the ordinary painting.

As for hiss, Hisoundaudio will have two versions of STUDIO, to these audiophiles not using the most sensitive phones and want to use for full size phones, you can select the standard STUDIO. to these who want only for high sensitive IEMs, please select STUDIO-I. the stock IEMs ( 32ohm)has no hiss,maybe this is a bench mark for reference.

Hisoundaudio told me that they will ship the emended STUDIO to me soon for further testing. They say they have solved the earphone socket issue and card slot issue.

I hope after the last 2 months improvement, STUDIO will be a perfect player.

Beside "Best", "PICASSO" and "Perfect". Can you tell me which "Class A" amp is? About hiss, do you have a list of non-hiss earphones/headphones? Thank you.

Mar 16, 2010 at 6:23 AM Post #314 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by david1978jp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure they can use any chip, as long as it sounds good. However, when they claim "Class A", I want to know what "exact" chip is. Is it "A" or "D", or "hybrid (new, unclassified)"? There is no point hiding/masking the name of the chip, for sure someone will reveal it.

All manufactures mask their parts used for their products. It just stops people from being able to copy their design.

Mar 16, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #315 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by david1978jp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beside "Best", "PICASSO" and "Perfect". Can you tell me which "Class A" amp is? About hiss, do you have a list of non-hiss earphones/headphones? Thank you.

If your are really serious on the hiss matter, I Can answer you by very simple way:

Most of my IEMs, earbuds, and headphone has no hiss. And i have said the stock earphone has no hiss. I intend to use the standard version of STUDIO to pair with most of my phones,including IMEs,earbuds, and fullsize phones. Sure there are few high sensitive IEMs have slight hiss, such as UM3X, MIGO wm2 or so,

To these users who are very sensitive with hiss ( ear or earphones), please order STUDIO-I which is specially designed for them.

By the way, the same, ROCOO-B also designed for above purposes.

Have any problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back