STUDIO I Evaluation!!!
Mar 4, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #287 of 559
Hello, ive been reading all the posts regarding the amp3 and studio, do these players sound better than the other ones like the Cowon or Sony x players? If they do sound better i want one, just dont really like the fancy players, would just want the best sounding portable no frills player there is. thanks

Mar 4, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #288 of 559
I read this on SlashGear.
confused.gif

Mar 4, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #289 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read this on SlashGear.
confused.gif

Thanks for that, they nearly had me sold. Would maybe still buy one if the problems got ironed out and the sound was really, really good compared to the Cowons or Sony x players ect.

Mar 4, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #290 of 559
Here is my take, being an AMP3 owner. I think the AMP3 is a wonderful device and very capable of better sound than say a Sansa Fuze and possibly the Cowon players (have not heard them), which compare with the Fuze. The AMP3 has a line in, and when comparing the line out of the Fuze to the line in of the AMP3 vs the AMP3 internal DAC, they are about the same. Now, here is where the AMP3 shines, is the sound out of it, to my ears can compare with some $400 amps I have heard. Not with all headphones mind you, but with some. Plus, I use an impedance adapter most of the time (250 ohm).

I love the versatility of the AMP3, as I can pair it with my Fuze for the better UI, and if the Fuze battery dies, the AMP3 is my backup DAC. If I had it all to do over again, I would buy another AMP3! But I can't say what I would do with the Studio at this time given it's price point, but am very interested in hearing how it sounds to my ears and if it offers the same versatility.

Mar 5, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #291 of 559
Craig had mentioned that his boots up almost instantly, and hasn't reported any other problems. If mine sounds great, and has clean power to properly drive full size headphones, I'm going to be happy. My Amp3 has no problems reading a 16 GB card, so I can't see why the Studio would. All I really wanted was a more powerful and more refined Amp3. I think that is what we'll be getting with the Studio.

Mar 5, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #293 of 559
That's the point of Hisound, their goal is to prove to people how to properly make a PMP out of a ordinary chip.

Mar 11, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #296 of 559
I'm not on board with a train crash...

There are changes being made and should be released within 3 weeks. The socket change requires a change in the casing....

The ROCCO should be here next week and will be sent for those who ore-ordered.

Many are attacking hisoundaudio with no justification.

Competition in this market is fierce. I'm not in a position to "play games". I will not!!

So, my attention is getting Studio here and out the door, not what others are doing. I do have lots to say regarding this, but I do not have time to "play games" like other might.

Craig

Mar 11, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #297 of 559
BTW - I will take 150% of the blame for the delay. They would have shipped with the headphone jack and input socket recessed to far in.

Many hours of discussion and finally the decision to change the socket was made. So blame me for trying to make the Studio a better product.

Your patients will be rewarded!!

Craig

Mar 12, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #298 of 559
it is indeed strange that after many months when poeple were prasing the sound quality of the AMP3 there is finally a post which totally condemns it, the reaction from headfiers is strange with most of them adopting a stance which is almost in awe of the single thread and after all this time claiming that because this one thread condemns it it must be the truth at last. The actual truth is that many on head fi have and enjoy using the AMP3 no matter how much the parts cost or what other people think of it and I just wish there were more who were willing to say it. I for one have always loved its sound and although not perfect the sound quality is the main thing for me and I still love it. I can accept the fact that I may be in a minority but I also have a valid opinion.Thank you Craif for your work in bringing this player to a wider audience.

Mar 12, 2010 at 2:37 AM Post #299 of 559
What else is strange about it, is that the "newly-revealed, supposedly previously undisclosed truth" consists of, mainly, points which had been posted months ago (and repeated many times since) in the main AMP3 threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back