Stopping smoking anyone want to join me?
Oct 26, 2006 at 5:05 PM Post #31 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
I'm armed with a load of nicotine patches and propose stopping next Monday (30th October) so if anyone else wants to join me this could turn into a big Smoke-Fi thread where we can all share our cold turkey and tips for making the whole process easier.

Count me in.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 26, 2006 at 5:53 PM Post #32 of 137
Good luck to you Philodox! By the way I will have to post again on the headphone forum how much I am finally enjoying my K340. It took a second trip to Larry for him to adjust the cotton and the dynamic driver but man what a diference.

It is now at the same level of my RS-1 and for me that is one heck of an statement, because I did not think anything else would be as good!
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2006 at 6:44 PM Post #33 of 137
WIsh my neighbor below would join this thread.
rolleyes.gif

FWIW, I did not stop cold turkey. I reduced the number of cigarettes smoked by one per day until I was down to only one per day. And then one per day for a week, and then none at all.
Didn't use the patch, nicotine gum, etc.

-Ed

Oct 26, 2006 at 6:54 PM Post #34 of 137
Good Luck Mike!! You can do it my man!!

I used to smoke cigars frequently ~10 years ago. I'm not addicted to the niccotene... I just really enjoy the flavor. I could smoke maybe half a cigar before I started getting sick.

So, I was what you'd call a lightweight.

I stopped though for health reasons. I did smoke some cubans when each of my kids were born, but that was the last.

Good luck my man!!

I need to eat healthier though too much red meat and fried junk in my diet. Starting today, I must eat 1 sizeable serving of veggies per serving of meat each day.

Oct 26, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #35 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by caramelsoul
Ill put my name down for this one too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Count me in.
smily_headphones1.gif

OK, that's three of us so far and 3 can be considered a group so seems we have a Head-Fi stop smoking group starting from 12.01am Monday 30th October
smily_headphones1.gif

My plan is to smoke my last cigarette before going to bed on Sunday and applying one of these 24 hour patches just before I go to sleep (a friend says the best place to apply is on your eyes, that way you can't find your cigs) I'm armed up with orange juice, chewing gum and fruit pastilles so every time I feel like a smoke I'll eat something or drink something.

I know it isn't going to be easy to stop but, as far as my situation goes, it has to be done, I'm pretty unfit and due to go into Hospital on December for an operation (smoking related) so it's pretty much a case of giving up, getting healthy, or carrying on and just fading away.

Thank all you guys for your encouraging words, they help, and you other guys that are joining me on Monday.... be prepared for the battle! It won't be easy but, together, I'm sure we can crack it no problems at all. In these situations honesty is always the best policy, if you give in to temptation then let us know, don't pretend... daily progress reports will help us and give us something to work toward.

See you Monday!

Mike.

Oct 26, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #36 of 137
Delete Post.

Oct 26, 2006 at 10:31 PM Post #37 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by technobarbie
Am I too late to join?

Hell no! Consider yourself joined
smily_headphones1.gif
You'll be a valuable resource considering you're pretty much out of the cold turkey stage... it'll be good to have a level headed, calm stop smoker onboard... I know that I, for one, will be climbing the feckin walls... for sure
blink.gif

Oct 27, 2006 at 12:35 AM Post #38 of 137
Delete Post.

Oct 27, 2006 at 12:38 AM Post #39 of 137
Delete Post.

Oct 27, 2006 at 1:44 AM Post #40 of 137
Day six here.
Getting love bombed surely helps a lot.
By coincidence my sister, a few female peers and last but not least my girlfriend are soothing me with love.
Good timing.
Last time I got a bit aggressive and impatient during cold turkey.
This evening an unsatisfied customer yelled at me.
I didn't kill him.
I didn't even yell back.
So far so good.

Oct 27, 2006 at 5:16 PM Post #41 of 137
Delete Post.

Oct 27, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #42 of 137
I think I actually got smarter/sharper by quitting. I think all that CO and lack of oxygen from smoking has a real effect on the brain.

Hope you guys are still keen... it's so worth it.

Oct 27, 2006 at 9:29 PM Post #43 of 137
Excellent decision Mike. Its glad to see you had made your mind on quitting smoking for once and for all. Your body might crave for the nicotine patches for a while, after which its you and your will power !

But seeing you so determined is very encouraging. Get rid of that poison for once and for all !

Oct 28, 2006 at 5:34 PM Post #45 of 137
Good luck man, I'm hopping on the train as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back