Stopping smoking anyone want to join me?
Oct 29, 2006 at 1:50 PM Post #61 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Have a good sleep cosmo, fortunately I'm armed with sleeping pills so hopefully sleep won't be a problem... I remember when I gave up drinking my head was fuzzy for about a year, seems it's going to be similar with nicotine withdrawal from your description
frown.gif

That may be the case but besides your health think of all the new toys you will be able to buy. Or a great vacation paid by the cigarette monies. I mean if a pack of cigarettes is $5 in GB and you smoke 2 packs a day you will be saving $300 a month or about $3,600 a year. That is a lot though you can use for "stuff". Good luck.

Oct 29, 2006 at 2:15 PM Post #62 of 137
Delete Post.

Oct 29, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #63 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by clc220
i'm also one of the non-smokers, but nice to see you trying to do something for the good of the world.

I recently read that in the UK cigarette tax revenues were in the region of £7bn a year, the cost of treating smoking related illnesses was £2bn, according to my math that's a £5bn gain to the NHS that would otherwise have to be funded through direct taxes. Not to mention the amount of money you save the country in pensions etc. if you die young.

Giving up smoking is socially irresponsible (but good luck Pinkie and the others, you might inspire me yet!)
eggosmile.gif

Oct 29, 2006 at 9:31 PM Post #64 of 137
That's me all ready to go, whack a patch on before going to bed then spend the next few days chewing gum and sucking lollypops.... that's the idea...

Who loves ya baby?
stopsmoke.jpg

Oct 29, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #65 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
I mean if a pack of cigarettes is $5 in GB and you smoke 2 packs a day you will be saving $300 a month or about $3,600 a year.

$9.86 a pack over here Miguel, they're taxed up to the eyeballs and the revenue, as the man above says, keeps the National Health Service in operation. I haven't paid retail for a few years now and have been smoking duty free tobacco so the health service won't miss out when I quit
wink.gif

By the way, I've got 20 x 50gram packets of Golden Virginia what's the best thing to do with them, would be a shame to bin them.

Oct 29, 2006 at 9:45 PM Post #66 of 137
Quote:

By the way, I've got 20 x 50gram packets of Golden Virginia what's the best thing to do with them, would be a shame to bin them.

If you are really intent on quitting, you can just leave them around. At least you won't have to go through the trash when you've given up.

Oct 29, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #68 of 137
Best of luck Pinky! You're well-stocked, and ready to go, so just stick to the program and kick this thing. Post up something when you need a boost to get through a rough patch.

I was never a full-time, full-fledged smoker but I finally kicked it when I was up to 5-6 cigs a day, and all the while hiding it from my wife (in theory). It's been over 5 years now, and I am so glad I did it. I still fall into smoking a couple when drinking and hanging out for the weekend with mates but it doesn't drag me back in the way it used to.

Hang in there Kojak, it's so worth it!
a4060b9e.jpg

Oct 29, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #70 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by gaijin
Ever tried smoking with a tea bag ? What brand of toilet paper do you use ?

Oh hell yes I've smoked it in newspaper, A4, pages from magazines.... the lot... been there a few times. I've even smoked "tea" a few times when I've been desperate and I joke not.

a4060b9e.jpg

Cool! I'll use him as my role model
wink.gif

Oct 29, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #71 of 137
Mike, go make a suge fire in the garden and throw the smokes in there. thats where the buggers belong. you can do it man, we are all rooting for you!!!

Oct 29, 2006 at 10:12 PM Post #73 of 137
Quote:

Oh hell yes I've smoked it in newspaper, A4, pages from magazines.... the lot... been there a few times. I've even smoked "tea" a few times when I've been desperate and I joke not.

Yeah, I've done that also. How about collecting cigarette butts from the garbage after a party and rolling them up again ? Man, I am happy I quit !

I once read that some addicts have said it is harder to stop smoking than to stop heroin. I believe it, having been really hooked myself (to smoking) and tried many times without success. I finally stopped for good (cold turkey, 9 years ago) when I understood that I simply had to become a different person altogether - turn a new page.

Good luck !

Oct 29, 2006 at 10:24 PM Post #74 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy
Hmmm, golden virginia and rizlas. The only thing I can think that's missing there is some moroccan black
wink.gif

Genetically improved nederweed is en vogue nowadays in Europe, and for a cigarette paper substitute thin bible paper is the best of the crap.
More serious, temptation in the house, I dunno.
I'd ceremonially throw it into the fire tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back