Stopping smoking anyone want to join me?
Oct 28, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #46 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by bpm2000
Good luck man, I'm hopping on the train as well.

Nice one, I hope it's a smooth ride
wink.gif

Oct 28, 2006 at 9:46 PM Post #47 of 137
I'm with ya, Pinky.... I'm starting a day early since I will be on an airplane for five hours tomorrow... that will be a good start....
blink.gif

Oct 28, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #48 of 137
I have to be honest...... I'm fearing this and already my subconscience has been programmed to reject "smoke free zone" I've been smoking non stop for <cough> 29 years and this is one major addiction to get over. I may have been a bit holus bolus with my "it'll be easy" remarks... it'll be ****in' hard, just the thought of going without a smoke is making me feel ill... it'll be like losing a leg except smoking is a leg that can be easily reattached to the body.... just a case of lighting one up....

I'm terrified but no way am I backing out now, Monday it is, now or never. I stopped the booze for a year and a half and have recently slipped, caning bottles of scotch here and there... These guys (smoking and booze) go hand in hand with one another so I have to say bye bye to both of them, I can't go on being a slave to these substances I want to be the one that's in control of my own body.

Pretty much a hardcore smoker which is why I thought it would be a good idea to organise an online "group".... we can help each other, hopefully, and there will be common understanding between us. I'm going to work on honesty here though and no way will I say everything's going well if it isn't... this is the real deal as far as I'm concerned and to lie will not be doing you any favours, this thread is about taking control of your mind and losing the substances that are presently controlling you......

It's going to be hard, maybe not that hard, but I'm determined to win the battle.... are you?

Oct 29, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #50 of 137
I quit using the patch, but you also need to have something else to get your mind off smoking. For me it was exercise, i'd get to the point where I didn't want to mess up my physical progress so it aided in the quitting (+ exercise is a drug unto itself)

Day 1 is easy, 2 & 3 are the real *&%$ and after that you have a pace set.

Good Luck!

Oct 29, 2006 at 12:29 AM Post #51 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by clc220
i'm also one of the non-smokers, but nice to see you trying to do something for the good of the world.

Enough to make me inhale a ton of smoke and blow it in your face wanker... the only "downside" to stopping smoking is becomming one of the arseholes that are "non smokers", god they're boring bastards.

Oct 29, 2006 at 12:43 AM Post #52 of 137
Touche, Pinky.... I doubt that you could possibly turn into one of those "arseholes".... so, don't even worry about that "one downside".

Oct 29, 2006 at 1:09 AM Post #53 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Enough to make me inhale a ton of smoke and blow it in your face wanker... the only "downside" to stopping smoking is becomming one of the arseholes that are "non smokers", god they're boring bastards.

At the moment I'd like to become a boring person instead of a fool that is killing himself in an interesting manner.
And I never got what's wrong with being a wanker, must be an idiom.I do enjoy wanking quite a bit.
wink.gif

However, day eight.
Insomnia.
I've kept myself busy the whole day, but now at night I'm sitting here and can't sleep.
My rig sounds totally crappy, not enjoyable.
According to myself a few posts above the hard days are over after ten days.
Only two more days.
I hope I'm right, it's hard to stand.
Way harder than the two last days.
I guess it differs widely for different persons, and maybe even for the same person in different attemps.
My thinking is fuzzy, and this post might reflect it.
Wish me sleep.

Oct 29, 2006 at 5:20 AM Post #54 of 137
Quote:

Heh, the only thing worse than a non-smoker is an ex-smoker! Just ask all of my employees.

Oct 29, 2006 at 9:36 AM Post #55 of 137
Man, I feel like crap today... was drinking/smoking last night and forgot my key at home. My wife went into Toronto for the night, so I basically had to sleep in my hallway until the superintendant woke up. I'd be happy if I never saw a cigarette again at this point. Time to go to sleep.
frown.gif

Oct 29, 2006 at 9:46 AM Post #56 of 137
Quote:

Lol, that was pretty much my mental response Pinkie! Bill Hicks had it right!
tongue.gif

Having said that, I do try to be a happy friendly ex-smoker rather than a preachy m*********er- hate dudes like that.

Once again, best of luck to all that are quitting.

Oct 29, 2006 at 12:12 PM Post #57 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
At the moment I'd like to become a boring person

Whoops I really shouldn't "think out loud", apologies to the man I called a wanker.... I just don't want to become one of these mung bean crunching, vegetarian, sandal wearing, yoghurt swilling pains in the arse who almost pass out in disgust everytime they come across a smoker blowing his fumes.... Hopefully it'll be possible to stop and retain the same attitude, I don't want to lose my smokers attitude to life I just want to lose the smoke if that makes sense
confused.gif

Oct 29, 2006 at 12:15 PM Post #58 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Man, I feel like crap today... was drinking/smoking last night and forgot my key at home. My wife went into Toronto for the night, so I basically had to sleep in my hallway until the superintendant woke up. I'd be happy if I never saw a cigarette again at this point. Time to go to sleep.
frown.gif

Probably the best time to stop when you've got a hangover man, I remember when I was hitting the sauce hard I couldn't look at a fag for the best part of a day and when I did have one I almost collapsed when it hit me.... hope you feel better soon philodox, been there many times and it's a bad place to be
blink.gif

Oct 29, 2006 at 12:18 PM Post #59 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
Wish me sleep.

Have a good sleep cosmo, fortunately I'm armed with sleeping pills so hopefully sleep won't be a problem... I remember when I gave up drinking my head was fuzzy for about a year, seems it's going to be similar with nicotine withdrawal from your description
frown.gif

Oct 29, 2006 at 1:46 PM Post #60 of 137
Delete Post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back