Stop recommending gear you've never heard: rant warning
May 3, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #301 of 316
Guitar center sells mostly studio monitors so you'd be out of luck if you want to demo anything else.  I'm also not sure if you can demo everything they sell.  Guitar centers are also not everywhere.

There is a store in some airports called Airport Wireless that lets you demo IEMs.  They have the entire Shure and Klipsch lines as well as others.

I don't know of any other stores here in the Washington DC area where you can demo.  Meets are really the only place you can really demo higher level equipment unless you live in New York or Portland, OR, and maybe a few other scattered stores across the country.

May 3, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #302 of 316

Quote:

The one or two places I found that do stock a few high end grados and sennheisers, obviously won't let people demo them. The guy laughed and even was offended when I asked if I could demo some shure 115's!! 

Are you talking Shasonic? I walked in there today and they had almost the entire Grado line plus a few others hooked up for demo. I saw a pair of Senn HD800 there too- quite an impressive line up.

May 4, 2011 at 5:05 AM Post #304 of 316

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcf 

Are you talking Shasonic? I walked in there today and they had almost the entire Grado line plus a few others hooked up for demo. I saw a pair of Senn HD800 there too- quite an impressive line up.

Yea, thats one of them. The other was across the street on tottenham court road.
The guy at the TCR branch is a big grado fan and knows a lot about audiophile stuff. He recommended me the gr8's and they served me very well for around a year, untill I lost them.

'a few hooked up for demo.'
Thanks for telling me, they must have put them up recently then- i'll give them another visit soon.

I saw the hd800 as well, which incidently also harrods have. Funny that their dashing glass enclosures make them look like a museum piece! Are they that good??

May 5, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #305 of 316
There should be a sticky thread on where to demo headphones.

May 7, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #306 of 316
Maybe you should start a Wiki entry, then PM me to add it to the list of links in the sticky at the top of the appropriate forums. :)

May 9, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #308 of 316

Quote:

I still think we should use my clippy image for newcomers who try to start new threads
tongue.gif

May 9, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #309 of 316
Awwww its cute little Clippy
bigsmile_face.gif
. The problem with using Clippy is the Mac people will get bent out of shape and start demanding their mascot Finder also get used.

May 9, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #311 of 316
Clippy!! VERY nice!! 
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #314 of 316

Quote:
Finder is just an icon. Clippy interrupts you and incites violent feelings.

I remember being afraid of Clippy in 4th grade or so. I COULDN'T DELETE HIM!! So I slid him off the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back