Stolen Sennheisers...Need Help
Sep 22, 2005 at 12:31 AM Post #16 of 77
I still own the original carrying case, and I kept all the packaging.

Sep 22, 2005 at 12:31 AM Post #17 of 77
maybe if you ahve some of the original packaging, or a receipt, that may be helpful too. maybe theres a serial# on the item along with the matching serial# in either a booklet or on the box?

edit: oh, but someone already mentioned this!

Sep 22, 2005 at 12:31 AM Post #18 of 77
Get cash compensation, and buy a new pair of PX200 (or save for HF-1
icon10.gif
)

Sep 22, 2005 at 12:33 AM Post #19 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x
Get cash compensation, and buy a new pair of PX200 (or save for HF-1
icon10.gif
)

Oh Yeah... HF-1!

Sep 22, 2005 at 12:38 AM Post #21 of 77
I think I'd be a little careful about the HF-1's, I pretty much wouldn't carry those headphones around. I carry my E4's until I couldn't stand the distortion of my iPod, and Everyone though that they were hearing aids.... Uh? Ok!

Sep 22, 2005 at 12:40 AM Post #23 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzula
Great advise for a high school kid from some of you. Such a sad commentary that some/all of that advise may be serious.

I'd talk to the person in charge at the office, mention the tape, and deal with it from there. Involve your parents also.

Don't get involved in any violence or revenge at all, hopefully at least you-even at your young age-have enough class and civility to know that.

so you don't think chainsawing his ear lobes off would be good then?
rs1smile.gif

But blitz dude is right. It's irresponsible and we should be more civilised in this day and age. So to set a good example we should nail the guys lobes to a park bench usung a rusty nail....
rs1smile.gif

Sep 22, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #24 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
But blitz dude is right. It's irresponsible and we should be more civilised in this day and age. So to set a good example we should nail the guys lobes to a park bench usung a rusty nail....
rs1smile.gif

better plan, failing the law...
make him use "came with ipod" earbuds for the rest of his life.
pwned, you aint got no torture as bad as that.

Sep 22, 2005 at 12:46 AM Post #25 of 77
Estilo, good for you for doing what ya feel is right.

If I were you, I'd sure as hell be angry (forget what they're worth.. it's the act that's worth mentioning here.. especially if he went to such an effort to destroy your property AND THEN lie to you!!).

Oh, and definitely bring up the point of compensation, either in the form of cash or a new set (they have a List Price -- according to HeadRoom -- of $59.95). Make this little bugger pay for his actions.

Sep 22, 2005 at 1:02 AM Post #26 of 77
Make sure to get his parents involved. Tell his parents all the evidence - especially the tape. Offer to drop the accusations at school if he will pay for the phones. That way he has the opportunity to stay out of trouble at school & you've offered him a very fair way out. If he won't agree to do this then let the officer at school deal with it as it comes out. I think the tape pretty much seals his guilt. It makes absolutely no sense why his friend would have taped them to the wall.

I deal with this sort of thing every day at my job/school. Usually kids will fold when presented with enough evidence & especially when parents are brought in -- as long as the parents aren't the type to protect the kid no matter what. And there are parents like that who will protect their kids even when it is proven that the kid is wrong. They don't understand that the lesson they are teaching their kid about lying & covering up will come back to bite them later.

Sep 22, 2005 at 1:15 AM Post #27 of 77
I think Micaela had some sound advice. If possible offer to drop charges at school if he gives 'em back/compensates you. Do you (and does he?!?!?) really want to press the matter so that he gets thrown out of school. That wouldn't be very smart. He didn't seem like a very smart guy though.. hope it works out somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back