Stolen Sennheisers...Need Help
Sep 22, 2005 at 12:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 77

Estilo

100+ Head-Fier
Something Quite Interesting, yet enraging happened to me yesterday. My Sennheiser PX200 are Missing. Here's the thing, They may be possibly stolen because on of the guys in my college class claimed that he wanted to buy them from Amazon.

Now Today, He appears with some "banged up" PX200 and claims his friend gave them to him. Now either that or he found mine and purposly messed them up from the "Like New" condition I had by scratching out the sennheiser name and making a scratch on the PX200 on one of the sides. Or he took them from my backpack and messed them up only to make them appear like he got the 2 year old PX200 he claimed his friend had. Isn't that a coincidence? He appeared with the sennheisers the day after I either lost or got stolen.

One little detail he forgot was the tape i Put over one of the ports while experimenting with them, It's still There!!

Also, the fact that nobody in the High School or class has Ever heard of the name "Sennheiser" and yet his friend had them.

Now, I need some help, I don't want to accuse him and find out he's telling the truth, but If he isn't, I'm out $60 Dollars.

Currently, they're being held in an office on the campus I go to.

What should I do?

Sep 22, 2005 at 12:03 AM Post #2 of 77
I would first ask about the tape, then play it by ear from there.

Stealing them AND ruining their condition? That's just inexcusable.
eek.gif

Sep 22, 2005 at 12:11 AM Post #4 of 77
I'd get kicked out of the college academy If I did hurt him, he's a bit bigger than me but out of anger...

But they also told me if he did steal them, He'd get kicked them out.

And yes what makes me really angry is the messed up PX200's, I took very good care of them for the past year I had them, now they are really screwed up.

Wow... I'm that mad for $60 dollar headphones, If someone stole and messed up my E4's....

Sep 22, 2005 at 12:12 AM Post #5 of 77
It depends on how much trouble you want to go to.

He surely stole them (i.e. tape), get them back in some manner. After that I suppose it's your decision whether to try to get revenge or whatever.

Sep 22, 2005 at 12:12 AM Post #6 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
I would first ask about the tape, then play it by ear from there.

Stealing them AND ruining their condition? That's just inexcusable.
eek.gif

He claims his friend taped them to the wall. Who's gonna believe that?

I also got a friend to back me up because he wants my sennheisers but is willing to pay for them, and he's tried them and knows really well about the tape.

Sep 22, 2005 at 12:17 AM Post #8 of 77
Great advise for a high school kid from some of you. Such a sad commentary that some/all of that advise may be serious.

I'd talk to the person in charge at the office, mention the tape, and deal with it from there. Involve your parents also.

Don't get involved in any violence or revenge at all, hopefully at least you-even at your young age-have enough class and civility to know that.

Sep 22, 2005 at 12:21 AM Post #10 of 77
I'm more of a calm, collected guy. So I did get security involved.

Sep 22, 2005 at 12:21 AM Post #11 of 77
Give a thorough description of the item... tape, wear marks any scratches (besides the ones he inflicted). Anything you can do to let the campus police know these at one time were the exact cans that were in your bag.

what looser would rip off a $75 headphone??

Good Luck
Garrett

Sep 22, 2005 at 12:25 AM Post #13 of 77
show him no mercey.

go through every LEGAL method you have at your disposal to get your gears back. if he catches **** for it, and gets expelled just rember he didnt have to steal em.... simple as that really.

if you dont get em back (sadly, the likely reality) get a new set. :edit/add: with a less expensivve set of cans, etch your name somewhere inconspicoous. like under the earpads, or if you dare take the cups apart, in them.

Sep 22, 2005 at 12:25 AM Post #14 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
Ah, good idea. Get them back!

Good! Campus Security is holding on to them, for right now. I'm gonna get them back!

That's good because that way he won't alter them anymore.

Sep 22, 2005 at 12:29 AM Post #15 of 77
Do you still have receipts? Doesn't PROVE anything, but if this dude's friend (who may perhaps actually have had an old pair in his closet) can't produce a receipt and you can, it may lend some legitimacy to your case. If this guy did in fact get them from a friend, I'm sure he'll be able to prove his assertion to avoid getting his ass kicked out of school.

If this guy actually did steal (of happen across and 'modify') your cans, he'd have to be mentally dumb to wear them to class a you two share... and his friend taping them to the wall makes no sense.

Come to think of it, you could get him with a sock full of quarters, wearing a plastic bag on your head at the stroke of midnight, but if you killed him you'd have bury him and that is a ripe pain in the ass! Good luck figuring it all out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back