Step up form ES7's?
Aug 15, 2010 at 1:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Snow_Fox

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to step up from my ES7's. I absolutely love them and they are great "fun" headphones as I was told over a year ago. I am not really looking to step up because I feel they lack quality and they in no way fail to meet any expectations however, I suppose I am just curious to see if I can find something that amazes me the way the ES7's originally amazed me.

Would the ATH-A700 be a decent step up? I would idealistically like something that is good "all around" I don't care to have "extra bass" or over emphasize any particular part.. I listen to a lot of metal but, I don't try to keep things exclusive by any means.

Aug 17, 2010 at 10:31 AM Post #3 of 6
Hey, I'm currently in the same position as you and has been doing some research for quite some time.

For a "all-rounder" Shure's SRH840 seems to be quite popular here.
The Beyerdynamic DT880 (600Ohm) seems to be as popular here but required a powerful amp to power it.
Also there's the Denon AH-D2000 too.

Hope this helps...
smile.gif

Aug 18, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #4 of 6
It does some.. I will look around at prices and see what is going on.

I am by no means brand loyal but, there is some intangible qualities to my ES7's that I like..  I am wondering if maybe I should stick with them or hop ship ya know?

I'm also hoping to keep in a relatively low budget x.x so avoiding buying an amp would be nice.

Aug 18, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #5 of 6
Well, if it's the sound sig of ES7 that you like, you might want to try those out first.
Btw, what's your budget?
Also you might want to try the Fischer Audio's FA003.

Cheers...
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back