Stealth Sonics IEM impressions thread
Feb 18, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #61 of 96
i was trying the U4 and U9 last year and was commenting if they can combine the traits of U4 and U9, maybe the new C9 Pro is the marriage of both. It will be good listen to the original U/C9 and the Pro, given that DD is replaced by BA with a different tuning. Do you know when they are launching this? CamJam SG ?

Feb 18, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #62 of 96
i was trying the U4 and U9 last year and was commenting if they can combine the traits of U4 and U9, maybe the new C9 Pro is the marriage of both. It will be good listen to the original U/C9 and the Pro, given that DD is replaced by BA with a different tuning. Do you know when they are launching this? CamJam SG ?

I asked before in the thread, launch is imminent... U4 is quite a dramatic L shape so not sure one can fusion U9 and U4... more like U2 and U9 :wink:

Feb 18, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #63 of 96
Will hopefully be able to comment on some of the things they have been developing shortly, international post permitting! :wink:

Feb 18, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #64 of 96
Spoke to Stealth Sonics today, and the Coronavirus issues in the region are hitting their supply chain hard, hence the lack of comms around things they are working on at the moment. They were even wondering if Canjam Singapore will be allowed to proceed, as the Singapore authorities aren't too keen on mass gatherings at the moment.

Feb 18, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #65 of 96

Heh, I was speaking to the Stealth Sonics guy and I said exactly the same thing. Who knows; maybe someone actually listened to me for a change, haha :)

As @davidmolliere said, the signatures are indeed rather totally different, but after reading the impressions posted over at The Headphone List, it honestly sounds like they've somehow managed to take all the things I loved from the U4 and add to it the reference audio aspect of the U9.
All I know is that I *have* to hear own it :)

Jun 26, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #66 of 96
Heh, I was speaking to the Stealth Sonics guy and I said exactly the same thing. Who knows; maybe someone actually listened to me for a change, haha :) As @davidmolliere said, the signatures are indeed rather totally different, but after reading the impressions posted over at The Headphone List, it honestly sounds like they've somehow managed to take all the things I loved from the U4 and add to it the reference audio aspect of the U9.All I know is that I *have* to hear own it :)

I might be able to provide some input next month about the C9 Pro :D

Jun 26, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #67 of 96
Jun 26, 2020 at 2:56 AM Post #68 of 96
Nice - you decided to go custom with the new series, David?

Always preferred custom, yes!
I think the universal is farther down the line anyway

Jun 26, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #69 of 96

Very nice - the C9 is still up there as one of my favourite IEMs. Review unit or have you tested yourself to a lockdown IEM? :wink: Interested to hear what you think either way.

Jun 26, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #70 of 96

Got a demo unit of the new Pro 9 driver in the house at the moment, bit unfortunately haven't had time to write it up due to as lot of Covid and with related stuff. They will need on their way to @Layman1 shortly but may have a proposition for you about that, so will drop you a PM. :wink:

Jun 26, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #71 of 96
Very nice - the C9 is still up there as one of my favourite IEMs. Review unit or have you tested yourself to a lockdown IEM? :wink: Interested to hear what you think either way. Got a demo unit of the new Pro 9 driver in the house at the moment, bit unfortunately haven't had time to write it up due to as lot of Covid and with related stuff.

We're not in lockdown anymore here in France, but it's not a demo and it's a custom. Based on @Deezel177 preview, I couldn't resist the signature I love organic ones (why FIBAE7 takes the cake for me so far) and they do get scarce these days :p

Nice! Is that a universal demo of the 9 Pro, a U9 Pro?

Jun 26, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #72 of 96
We're not in lockdown anymore here in France, but it's not a demo and it's a custom. Based on @Deezel177 preview, I couldn't resist the signature I love organic ones (why FIBAE7 takes the cake for me so far) and they do get scarce these days :p

Nice! Is that a universal demo of the 9 Pro, a U9 Pro?

Yes - not sure if the naming convention is U or A, as I think that has changed since I originally got the units in. The new shells are very 64 Audio - metal body and a LOT smaller.

Jul 17, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #73 of 96
So... I have received the C9 Pro today and I am so very happy, as usual @Deezel177 impressions were spot on this is exactly how I expected the C9 Pro to sound when reading Daniel's preview.

F947200D-1AFF-4241-809E-AC385E30B4F9.jpeg

I won't post any impressions yet but the first thing that came to mind was listening to the C9 Pro feels like sipping a very fine 25 years old Rhum, it's full of rich flavors, it's powerful yet smooth as it can be. For someone like me that listen a lot of music at night in bed, the ideal companion :)

Also tip of the hat to Daniel for giving me hints on the fit, I asked for a tighter fit and I am so very pleased this is my best fitting IEM along with the FIBAE7 and Fusion. Perfect fit! Also the craftsmanship is exquisite, glad I picked transparent shells :)

Now I am off to a blissful listening session!

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #74 of 96
A few more pics of the beauty :). (a tad better than previous, but still iPhone only :p )

Image d’iOS (153).jpg

Image d’iOS (152).jpg

Image d’iOS (151).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back